Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I don't like special items either.

Thats why they dropped them in the sequels, its better everybody can use every item.

double dash is a weak, horribly outdated entry to the mario kart series

I do not like geno or mallow, I'd gladly replace them with Luigi and somebody else.

Mcmadness said:
I do not like geno or mallow, I'd gladly replace them with Luigi and somebody else.

yeah why the crap luigi wasn't playable but these yahoos were is puzzling

I'd probably replace the other with Yoshi as he's the only other character that comes to mind.

And Luigi really got the shaft, I know at the time he didn't have his established personality yet but I'd still take a mime Luigi over those two.

Mario Party X said:
Magikrazy said:
The special items made Petey Piranha and King Boo ridiculously op.
How?

How it's not that obvious? You get ALL the special items. Plus they are heavy so that means you can use Boo Pipes, it's like the best kart in the game.

Cirdec said:
Mario Party X said:
Magikrazy said:
How?

How it's not that obvious? You get ALL the special items. Plus they are heavy so that means you an use Boo Pipes, it's like the best Kart in the game.
I don't find it obvious because their special items don't appear like you want to, so you end up rummaging through several item boxes to get a certain item. Sometimes, you just want that Big Banana. They don't get the needed special item as reliably.

Also, they can't get Green Fireballs.

Mario Party X said:
Cirdec said:
Mario Party X said:
Magikrazy said:
How?

How it's not that obvious? You get ALL the special items. Plus they are heavy so that means you an use Boo Pipes, it's like the best Kart in the game.
I don't find it obvious because their special items don't appear like you want to, so you end up rummaging through several item boxes to get a certain item. Sometimes, you just want that Big Banana. They don't get the needed special item as reliably.

Yes but when you are on last place you are likely to get the Chomp and on first place the Big Banana. That's already insane.

Cirdec said:
Mario Party X said:
Cirdec said:
Mario Party X said:
Magikrazy said:
How?

Yes but when you are on last place you are likely to get the Chomp and on first place the Big Banana. That's already insane.
But when you're consistently first, you'd like to get the Big Banana or Fireball more often, moreso than a single Green Shell or something.

but the heavyweight vehicles aren't the best

the light acceleration heavy ones even feel bulkier and not as maneuverable as the small ones

I like yoshi's island DS

it's an allright game

but i don't even like yoshi games in general. including yoshi's island

Thats because they won't let you play as baby luigi

Baby Luigi said:

the light acceleration heavy ones even feel bulkier and not as maneuverable as the small ones
Boo Pipes have higher acceleration.

Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:

Boo Pipes have higher acceleration.
Do you know what "maneuverable" means?

Antasma was a rather flat uninteresting villain and being betrayed was the best thing that could have happened to him.

Mcmadness said:
Antasma was a rather flat uninteresting villain and being betrayed was the best thing that could have happened to him.
But he's not even a Paper Mario character!

On a serious note, sure there was something better that could've happened to him. He could've been fleshed out more and given more time to shine. I can agree his execution was rather poor, but that doesn't mean he had absolutely zero potential. Fans have done it (I even saw a fan theory that Antasma was originally of Count Bleck's tribe) so Nintendo and Alpha Dream could have easily given Antasma more backstory than he got.

I really don't see what else they could do with him. He was just your average bat dracula expy with lots of screeching and talking with the letter V. No real potential to be had even with his base character.

He's almost as boring as the last dream based antagonist we had.

Back