The Wiki Games - Signups opened!

Re: The Wiki Games - TRAILER RELEASED

I'd like to voluteer sign-up

Alright kid, I can see you're giving things another shot.

Good. You have potential.

I can't judge much based on the Intro, but it seems alright. But since your main character is...you...and the reward for winning is...promotion...

...what did I fucking tell you about self-promotion in wiki fiction? ._.

oh wait, here it is

Travis Touchdown said:
I am afraid that I must take back some of the praise that I first gave you.

Yes, this story is written decently, but there are two huge problems- your self indulgence, and the...well, questionable plot.

First off, I didn't pay much attention when I first read the beginning. Why? Because I was sleepy, and for the most part, it was all shit I've seen before. Seriously, man? Having Porple promote your avatar to 'Crat and then Steward in his place at the beginning of your story? First off, have you ever even interacted with Porplemontage? Secondly, do you know how that makes you look? If Porple left and gave anybody command, it'd be one of the veterans like Stooben or one of the harder workers like SMB. They are the ones who have earned that, not you.

Now, the plot is interesting.

If I was in fifth grade.

I don't see any complex character motivations, I've read many a "Mario World crosses over with Reality" fic. This one just happens to be that but with USERS. The plot it isn't good, the characters are...lacking, and frankly, it isn't all that interesting.

Don't get the wrong idea when I say this. I'm not out to hurt your feelings or make you feel bad. The writing is good, and while it does feel a bit stilted, I can tell that you certainly have potential.

Unfortunately, this story is beyond redemption due to how you started it. An intro can make or break anything, and this time it is certainly the latter.

However, I will still read it and provide you with the best encouragement that I can supply, because seeing new writers with potential always gets me a little excited.

Do not self-promote yourself in Wiki fiction (it actually stops you from getting promoted, too), do not be an egotistic fuck with your author avatar, and do not even tread the line of Mary Sue-ism.

These are warnings.

I am speaking from personal experience. These are things you don't want to do. Making your main character an author avatar is fine- but giving them undeserved power, glorifying them and making the rest of the main cast- especially if said cast includes people with much more experience than you- look insignificant is exactly what not to do when writing Wiki fiction.

This is not me being mean. This is not me being harsh, and I think this might get somewhere.

It's...not looking so good, though. I mean, it's based off The Hunger Games- wiki spinoffs of real life things, how original- and it seems to be treading the same path of hundreds of ego-stroking user fiction before it.

Please. Please, do not let that happen.

[me=Jack_Noir]wags a finger at Tabuu[/me]

Now now now, Tabuu... He's been acting rather nicely this time around. I'd give him a chance this time.

Travis Touchdown said:
Your excessive typos, in addition to your lack of grammatical finesse and punctuation, make me feel quite ashamed to be a fan of Dragon Ball Z.

I'm not quite understanding the connection here (if you perceive a person to have bad grammar, you feel ashamed at liking something he or she also likes?)

What does a person's grammar have to do with your tastes, though?

Travis Touchdown said:
Alright kid, I can see you're giving things another shot.

Good. You have potential.

I can't judge much based on the Intro, but it seems alright. But since your main character is...you...and the reward for winning is...promotion...

...what did I fucking tell you about self-promotion in wiki fiction? ._.

oh wait, here it is

Yes, I am not going to be egoistic.

Anyways, since sign-ups are today, I'm going to make character checklist that you need to fill out.

Pyro said:
make it]

now
mmk.

Things you need to fill out

Name:
District:
Personality:
Skill:
Description of what you look like:

Remember, first come first serve for all of this.

Name: Pyro
District: 2
Personality: Arrogant and wanting to win. Has outdoor skills, and is a bit stealthy (yeah tabuu ya BITCH)
Weakness: ha bitch its secret ~ no It's water.
Skill: Sword, besides making fires.
Description of what you look like: cato

Name: Toad Smugshroom LXXXV
District: Five
Personality: Smug and sarcastic, can be a bit brutal towards other competitors, a smart strategist, cold-blooded but can be caring when required.
Skill: Not sure yet. Give me some time to think.
Description: A decrepit-looking Toad with glasses, a faded yellow scarf, and a really old baseball cap. A single lock of hair hangs down from underneath my mushroom cap.

Name: GalacticPetey
District: 3
Personality: Cocky, has a lot of pride
Skill: Throwing knives and other projectiles.
Description: Looks like Petey Piranha

Name: Michael Lockheart
Sex: Male
District: 6
Personality: Kind to friends, politely sadistic to enemies on the battlefield.
Skill: Very fast, very stealthy. Parkour expert. Endurance to injuries is low, but is great at hiding away and recovers at a faster pace than most others. Attacks primarily with a knife, dagger, or other one-handed bladed weapon.
Description: A slim frame with a toned build- most are capable of physically overpowering him in a head-on confrontation, however. His reflexes and evasions are his strong suit in direct combat, and if he's able to get behind an enemy, his victory is assured with a backstab. (Based on exactly what you're thinking.) Has shaggy black hair with brown eyes and pale skin. Tall.

What can I say, I couldn't resist the temptation.

EDIT: I looked up some information and changed my District accordingly.

Back