New Super Mario Bros. 2

But if the internal memory of the 3DS gets somehow messed up, you can't.

The game is stored entirely on the SD card, not the internal memory.

EDIT: Wait I get what you're saying; if the memory is messed up and it doesn't remember you purchased the game on the eShop then you can't.

I've been studying which courses will pop up with each Coin Rush run, and it appears that the selection is not as random as one would think. For instance, in the Mushroom Pack, World 1-1 would only be chosen as the first course, while World 2-1 would only be chosen as the second course.

Also, it appears that World 6-Castle and World Star-Castle are never picked in the Star Pack, which means that the last course of the Star Pack is limited to only the World 5-Tower, World 5-Castle, and World 6-Tower. Likewise, World 3-B is never chosen in the Flower Pack, due to its Mini Mushroom requirement; that would be a huge burden to White Tanooki Mario.

Now, I have been working on a section for the Coin Rush article, regarding the course selections, but it's not entirely done yet.

I just managed to get over 7,000 coins in 1-1 by using a gold flower to repeatedly kill the goomba tower at the end.

Okay, so... I had the game reserved, and I got it yesterday. I have to say, I rather like collecting coins. It's strangely satisfying when you pick up a coin and it makes that particular noise when you get it, and I like seeing whole rows of coins at once...

That being say, I'm not a fan of what Nintendo's doing with the franchise at the moment. There's pretty much nothing to this game. It's still fun to play (to a point), but I'd like to see something that's ACTUALLY different, or if they REALLY want to revive something for the olden days, do another Super Mario Bros. 2/Doki Doki Panic style game, that was fun.

The music is what ticks me off the most. It's the same music from New Super Mario Bros. Wii, just with very VERY slight additions to the instrumentation or whatever. More than any other Mario game as of late, this just strikes me as lazy...

Also, the Koopalings. The Koopalings were the main reason I played this game, and I do like them here. They pretty much take Bowser Jr.'s place from the original New Super Mario Bros. game, which I like, because hey, they were Bowser's original children. I only beat Roy and Iggy so far and I like how they kept the Chain Chomp deal with Iggy. I don't like how they're not bosses of entirely different world types then before. Like Roy's grass, Iggy's desert, Wendy is forest, what's up with that?

But yeah, fun game, but all of you who haven't gotten it yet ought to wait until the price drops to get it, or if it's used.

Cirdec said:
Mariomario64 said:
Cirdec said:
Since you can use the gold flower at only one level, and if x is the amount of coins collected in the first level, y for the second and z for the third, with all the *2 bonus, the total coins collected is :

8x+4y+2z

So it's better to use the gold flower on the first level.
>uses unnecessary algebra in Mario games
ily

Unnecessary yes, but still useful to know for records, after all isn't that the point of this mode ?

Yoshidude99 said:
So again is the game worth getting? I'm still playing through 3D Land right now.

It is if you are not fed up with New Super Mario Bros gameplay/elements.
I'll check it out then but after I get other 3DS games I'm wanting more like Mario Kart 7 and Mario Tennis Open.

One minor thing I wanted to bring up... There was a Ghost House in the middle of a desert. For some reason, that just doesn't fit... Especially since, at the end of the level, it's got your typical spooky trees instead of sand and palm trees.

Smashgoom202 said:
One minor thing I wanted to bring up... There was a Ghost House in the middle of a desert. For some reason, that just doesn't fit... Especially since, at the end of the level, it's got your typical spooky trees instead of sand and palm trees.
ghosts are really good at keeping plants alive

Smashgoom202 said:

The Mushroom Planet doesn't exactly have to make sense though.

MnSG said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Most enemies turn into gold when shot with fire after hearing this you should no longer be thinking about things making sense

People Running About said:
MnSG said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Most enemies turn into gold when shot with fire after hearing this you should no longer be thinking about things making sense
You'd THINK that. And yet somehow, my mind doesn't work like that.

MnSG said:
Smashgoom202 said:

It was like that in NSMBW. A ghost house in icy world, beach and sky.

YoshiGo99 said:
MnSG said:
Smashgoom202 said:

It was like that in NSMBW. A ghost house in icy world, beach and sky.
I could see a haunted house like that in an icy world and a beach. The sky? Well, it didn't seem out of place, to me anyway. There's just something about the desert and how it contrasts with the setting of a haunted house that just doesn't make sense to me. Again, not that things make sense in the Mushroom World already, but even still.

Well, I've finally got 1,000,000 coins after about a whole week of playing the game. With that said, it'll be interesting to see how Nintendo will handle DLC for this game; it has been hinted that the Nintendo eShop may be releasing Coin Rush packs that you can purchase.

MnSG said:
Well, I've finally got 1,000,000 coins after about a whole week of playing the game. With that said, it'll be interesting to see how Nintendo will handle DLC for this game; it has been hinted that the Nintendo eShop may be releasing Coin Rush packs that you can purchase.
I just hope it won't cost much...

Haven't gotten this game yet I still want to but it does seem very similar to previous games, is there much incentive to get the 1 million coins?

The end result is not what matters, it's the journey there. The only people that might go for the 1 Million Coin Goal are completists or really bored people.

It's still a Mario game. If you like side scrolling Mario, get it. If you don't, don't get it. rocket science!

Back