New Super Mario Bros. 2

Lakituthequick said:
I'm now thinking “Hey I finished W1-1! How many 1-UPs did I get... ah, 23.” They just have to tweak that so you need 1000 coins for a 1-UP.

Or just have fewer coins/1-ups. But it is a huge problem; I have never gotten a Game Over in any Mario game after SMS (which was easily the hardest of the 3D platformers).

100 coins is still a 1-up.

But more lives won't affect the difficulty of the game. All getting a game over does is force reset the game, and that's artificial difficulty. The number of coins and 1-ups will have no effect on the game's difficulty.

Gummy said:
Or just have fewer coins/1-ups.
Fewer coins?! This whole game is about coins!

Smugleaf said:
100 coins is still a 1-up.

But more lives won't affect the difficulty of the game. All getting a game over does is force reset the game, and that's artificial difficulty. The number of coins and 1-ups will have no effect on the game's difficulty.
The last part, true, and the rest, but Smugleaf has got a point.

I mean, I suck at most platformers involving Mario, and no matter how many 1up mushrooms and coins I get, I always suck at them, and lose those gained lives quickly.

YoshiGo99 said:
Very lame fight. Why couldn't they make it difficult?

You'd expect the first boss to be easy. Besides, that's just a demo to give you an idea of what the game has in store for us.

The main thing bugging me right now is why are the fortress levels always vertical!? Can't there be any horizontal path fortresses as well?

MnSG said:
YoshiGo99 said:

You'd expect the first boss to be easy. Besides, that's just a demo to give you an idea of what the game has in store for us.
yes I was thinking that after I posted the comment, they want you to see how the game kind of is. I hope that when they come out with this game all Reznor battles have four of them

MnSG said:
YoshiGo99 said:

Yeah. In the wii one Larry was considered easy, but at my level as a gamer, he was pretty challenging so, why not give the lesser experienced people like me a semi chance, but you're right, they should be harder.
Edit: now back on topic.
The game apparently by the cover is all about coins, so let's hope for some good use of 'em!

Gogeta said:
Yoshbert said:
The reused music is most likely a placeholder.
I wouldn't mind if this the final music. I like the NSMBW soundtrack.
Wow! In that one detail, we think alike!!! :D

Minuette said:
Maybe the guards will only let you in Bowser's Castle if you pay an amount of coins.

I played a game as a kid where you had to do that.

Frogger's Adventure: Temple of the Frog.

I loved that game as a kid... You had to pay 50 coins to enter the temple of the frog right? It was my first GBA game.. It came bundled with the GBA SP right?

-----

This game NEEDS Gooper Blooper and Petey Piranha. Oh and King Boo :D

Boidoh said:
Minuette said:
Maybe the guards will only let you in Bowser's Castle if you pay an amount of coins.

I played a game as a kid where you had to do that.

Frogger's Adventure: Temple of the Frog.

I loved that game as a kid... You had to pay 50 coins to enter the temple of the frog right? It was my first GBA game.. It came bundled with the GBA SP right?

-----

This game NEEDS Gooper Blooper and Petey Piranha. Oh and King Boo :D
To late. Koopalings appear to be the castle bosses.

Back