New Super Mario Bros. 2

Information: http://eshopgamers.com/06/06/2012/coin-rush-mode-tons-of-new-info-on-new-super-mario-bros-2/

Ultimate Goal of NSMB2: Reach 1 Million coins!
The “theme” of this game is COINS, COINS, COINS!
Gold Fire Flower shoots gold fireballs and turns everything into coins
Enemies can be turned into coins
Various items produce coins
Golden Mushroom grants you 50 coins
Single Player campaign is fully playable with a friend (only local was revealed, no word on WiFi)
The screen is locked on whatever brother is in the lead… can lead to trolling
You can actually fly in this game, unlike in Super Mario 3D Land
Coin Rush Mode details:
Playable when you get a Streetpass
Pick a Coin Rush pack from your Streetpasses
Goal: Grab as many coins as you can in the level
You only get 1 Life
Upon beating level, your coins go to your Coin Rush Bank
If you die, can’t try until next Streetpass
Coin Rush is competitive; try to get more coins than who you Streetpassed

Wait I have to street pass with people to play...
EDIT:Never mind :P

Smugleaf said:
Information: http://eshopgamers.com/06/06/2012/coin-rush-mode-tons-of-new-info-on-new-super-mario-bros-2/

Ultimate Goal of NSMB2: Reach 1 Million coins!
The “theme” of this game is COINS, COINS, COINS!
Gold Fire Flower shoots gold fireballs and turns everything into coins
Enemies can be turned into coins
Various items produce coins
Golden Mushroom grants you 50 coins
Single Player campaign is fully playable with a friend (only local was revealed, no word on WiFi)
The screen is locked on whatever brother is in the lead… can lead to trolling
You can actually fly in this game, unlike in Super Mario 3D Land
Coin Rush Mode details:
Playable when you get a Streetpass
Pick a Coin Rush pack from your Streetpasses
Goal: Grab as many coins as you can in the level
You only get 1 Life
Upon beating level, your coins go to your Coin Rush Bank
If you die, can’t try until next Streetpass
Coin Rush is competitive; try to get more coins than who you Streetpassed

Wow, it IS sounding like something Wario would do. It's surprising he's not even in this game

RandomGuy said:
Great, now Mario's greedy for cash. And it looks like Luigi has to carry the loot

Or Wario was the one who stole Princess Peach and Mario has to pay a ransom?

If they did that instead of Bowser kidnapping Peach, I'll be glad

Maybe the guards will only let you in Bowser's Castle if you pay an amount of coins.

I played a game as a kid where you had to do that.

Xenophon P. Wilfley said:
YoshiGo99 said:
I just love the box art! The paratroopa art is awesome. But the game I just hope some things are good in it. I also bet there is probably Coin battle
Dude that Box Art looks stupid as fuck it's like there saying "HEY WE DIDN'T TRY ON THIS GAME NOW COLLECT COINS" because apparently Mario games are so hard that Nintendo decided to make one that revolves around getting more lives

Lighten up will you, he likes it and it's not your place to change his opinion.

Mario games were never known for their story so I don't expect a big one. Just some fun for a few hours, that's all games are.

It looks like for Roy's battle, the walls will come closer and closer, making it harder for you to evade Roy's attacks. A nice reference to Roy's Super Mario World fight.

Ugh, what bullshit.

Oh well, seeing as both NSMB2 and NSMBU have a lot of SMW aspects, I'm not surprised.

As long as NSMBU doesn't have Koopalings...

I personally don't mind the Koopalings returning. Sure, I would've liked original bosses, but I won't mind them being in if they have different methods to their boss battles. I'm just glad SMW is finally ggetting some rpresentation besides Yoshi or the Koopa Clown Car.

Videos (with clear audio)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cBywPjSGaO0[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QvyqF3QZonc[/youtube]

The music's recycled, and what a pathetic boss fight.

Well, that's lazy. And wow, that's pathetic even for a first boss.

Yeah, this doesn't look fun at all so far.

Shit, I thought he wasn't going to beat that boss for a second, but the tide turned in his favor.

Granted, that's not a boss fight, but rather the mid-boss fight (the Fortress) levels. The music alone should've given that away. It was still pretty lame nonetheless, but I'm pretty sure the later worlds would probably be like four Reznors + hazards.

The music is from NSMBW, right? The only two songs I really liked in that game were the Forest stage and the Bowser Castle music.

Even as a mid-boss fight, it was even easier than the Bowser Jr. fight in the first fort in NSMB. The Reznors here don't even spit fire, so there's no hazard unless you run into them (which is pretty hard to do).

YoshiGo99 said:
Very lame fight. Why couldn't they make it difficult?
I haven't seen the videos, but I admit, Larry in NSMBWii (only one I've battled with) was pretty boring, I still think the Koopalings are AWESOME!!! (I have OCD so I'm obsessed with the koopalings and Mario)

Back