Paper Mario or Mario Party 9?

Which game is better Paper Mario or Mario Party 9?

• Paper Mario

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • Mario Party 9

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
I haven't played MP9 but I'd go for Paper Mario, no doubt about it.

MP9 will be around for quite awhile, seeing as how it just came out, so you'll still have more opportunities to get it.

also, PM's just an amazing game - as much as I love the MP series, the PM series is much better.

Gardevoir said:
Nabber said:
This... Is just stupid, Boidoh.

Also, get Paper Mario unless you suck at RPGs.

What about it is stupid.

You dont like my opinion?

You did act like a fanboy yourself when stupidly saying that people are paper Mario fanboys. Paper Mario is pretty much a bigger experience. Mario Party 9 can last a bit, but can be boring easy. I do know from experience, but it's different for everybody.

Also, I half expected you to write 'your mom is boring' again. Not that it would've made sense.

Next time, admit you were wrong in assuming they were fanboys instead of sounding like a hypocrite.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Gardevoir said:
Nabber said:
This... Is just stupid, Boidoh.

Also, get Paper Mario unless you suck at RPGs.

What about it is stupid.

You dont like my opinion?

You did act like a fanboy yourself when stupidly saying that people are paper Mario fanboys. Paper Mario is pretty much a bigger experience. Mario Party 9 can last a bit, but can be boring easy. I do know from experience, but it's different for everybody.

Also, I half expected you to write 'your mom is boring' again. Not that it would've made sense.

Next time, admit you were wrong in assuming they were fanboys instead of sounding like a hypocrite.

No, im more of a mario sunshine fanboy :D . I should really go back into the OPINION speech.

That needs to wait one more page of arguing.

I never specifically said who was the fan boy.

Gardevoir said:
Its just that alot of people are Paper Mario fanboys.

Hell, i didnt even say if it was on the forum. It could be the world in general.

MCD said:
Gardevoir said:
Get Mario Party 9 its new.

Is that seriously your logic?

Paper Mario, no contest.

Not really, its not my "logic", i was just stating its new. If you want me to write a long paragraph say so. And everyone has their own taste, opinion and what not. Just that more people could like one thing than another.

Yoshidude99 said:
Makes me think that he says that about any game. 2006:Sonic 06 is new lets get it!

Not really, just for Mario games. And i kinda liked Sonic 06', i think im one of the few people that did. I dont even care if the game had few glitches.

apocalypseArisen said:
Gardevoir said:
Pyro said:
Gardevoir said:
Fanboys?

MP9 is *bleep*ing communist. The Paper Mario series is the best series in existence.

You stop being a fanboy.

Im not being one. Does that mean preffering one thing over another is being a fanboy.

By the way you're accusing others of being Paper Mario fanboys, it would seem so.

I would probably go with Paper Mario.

Look real good into that first quote. Does it says WHO it is. As i said above, i didnt state who or where the fanboys are. I could be blaming anyone on this planet. Hell i could be blaming "Paper Mario" him self.

You can't really compare the two. If you have close friends or siblings, consider getting Mario Party 9, perhaps; it will last longer than Paper Mario. However, Paper Mario is a great game. The replay value is lower, though.

The Paper Mario series is the best series in existence.
^Exactly what a Paper Mario fanboy would say. I'm not accusing you, but fanboys of every type always say stuff like that. In the internet, it's best to avoid making generalizations like this; people might think you're a fanboy.

Paper Mario > any Mario Party game
Again, how can you compare? It's like comparing Kirby Air Ride with Paper Mario, or a truck with a sedan.

Do you really think that Boidoh is accusing you? Boidoh is right; many people are Paper Mario fanboys, but not you.

Anyway, look at my comparisons above. Again, it's not logical; it's like comparing orchestra to rock.

La Marionette said:
^Exactly what a Paper Mario fanboy would say. I'm not accusing you, but fanboys of every type always say stuff like that. In the internet, it's best to avoid making generalizations like this; people might think you're a fanboy.

Again, how can you compare? It's like comparing Kirby Air Ride with Paper Mario, or a truck with a sedan.

Do you really think that Boidoh is accusing you? Boidoh is right; many people are Paper Mario fanboys, but not you.

Anyway, look at my comparisons above. Again, it's not logical; it's like comparing orchestra to rock.

Once Again, :D

Sorry, I'm just trying to back you up. Pyro really misunderstood your post and got heated for nothing.

Well, um, if people are bothered by this whole commotion.

We're going off topic.

La Marionette said:
Well, um, if people are bothered by this whole commotion.

We're going off topic.

This whole argument was ON topic. It was arguing about paper mario and mario party 9.

La Marionette said:
You can't really compare the two. If you have close friends or siblings, consider getting Mario Party 9, perhaps; it will last longer than Paper Mario. However, Paper Mario is a great game. The replay value is lower, though.

That is why i like the mario party series more. And just to clarify i do NOT think it is the "greatest series ever". I do like some series over MP series, like the Super Mario series which is my favorite.

La Marionette said:

Again, how can you compare? It's like comparing Kirby Air Ride with Paper Mario, or a truck with a sedan. Thank you for this :D...

Yes, thank you, im accusing no one HERE. As i said some post ago, it could be anyone in the entire universe. And as LGM said what i said; Many people ARE Paper Mario fanboys.

Anyway, look at my comparisons above. Again, it's not logical; it's like comparing orchestra to rock. But some orchestras are worse than rocks D:

Comments in bold.

Well, you can't really compare different genres. Each has a different quirk that makes them different. While you can like one genre over another (I like ANYTHING over horror), it's mostly on opinion, but you can't compare the two.

Anyway, just get Paper Mario and Mario Parties 2-7+DS if you can. Mario Party 1 has those control-stick busting games and Mario Party 8 is just bad. I enjoyed Mario Party more than Paper Mario. My sister also loves Paper Mario, but she plays it just once. After that, it collects dust while the Mario Parties are used.

La Marionette said:
Well, you can't really compare different genres. Each has a different quirk that makes them different. While you can like one genre over another (I like ANYTHING over horror), it's mostly on opinion, but you can't compare the two.

Anyway, just get Paper Mario and Mario Parties 2-7+DS if you can. Mario Party 1 has those control-stick busting games and Mario Party 8 is just bad. I enjoyed Mario Party more than Paper Mario. My sister also loves Paper Mario, but she plays it just once. After that, it collects dust while the Mario Parties are used.
I have 5,6,7 and DS.

Gardevoir said:
apocalypseArisen said:
By the way you're accusing others of being Paper Mario fanboys, it would seem so.

I would probably go with Paper Mario.

Look real good into that first quote. Does it says WHO it is. As i said above, i didnt state who or where the fanboys are. I could be blaming anyone on this planet. Hell i could be blaming "Paper Mario" him self.

Then please, explain who you're referring to and what "anyone in the universe", or "Paper Mario" being a fanboy has to do with this poll.

sounds like to me someone is butthurt over a game that more people like.

Also the whole LOL ITS NEW attitude isn't really convincing and about the only thing that does is make people laugh at you.

Paper Mario was my first rpg and what got me into rpgs, my favorite genre, in the first place, the only real good mario party games I really ever enjoyed was 1 and 2. Every other ive played(4,6,7, DS, and Advance) are all pretty boring even with multi. Paper Mario 1 and 2 are great games but not exactly the best series, but they do outshine other turn-based rpgs with its badge system and action commands, as well as some quirky dialogue and great osts.

I love both single and multiplayer games, but when it comes down to it, Mario party simply does not do it for me, and I loose interest in a matter of hours, where I can replay rpgs for much longer of a time.

However, you shouldn't be calling people fanboys just because they like the game, that seems really out of place and just makes you look like a fanboy of its own series raging at another series.

Also most people prefer the platformer games to paper mario series, its pretty obvious why.

Gardevoir said:
How many times do i have to say this... I AM NOT CALLING ANYONE A FANBOY.. I said alot of people are fanboys. i never stated who or what is the fanboy. Please get your facts straight.

Sure seemed like you were. :/

Oh wellz. But remember, there are plenty of mario fans in plenty of areas, I mean hell, most people called SMG the best game ever for like, years, despite how much I didn't like it, I didn't really accuse the entire mario fanbase of being fanboys. But like I said, there are more fanboys in the platforming area, way more than Paper Mario.

Gardevoir said:
How many times do i have to say this... I AM NOT CALLING ANYONE A FANBOY.. I said alot of people are fanboys. i never stated who or what is the fanboy. Please get your facts straight.
You were implying it.
Gardevoir said:
Since you asked... The fanboys overlly prefer Paper Mario than any other series, in this case the Mario Party series... there
Sounds like you're calling us fanboys to me.
People can like a series. The difference between a fanboy and a fan is that a fanboy will defend a series no matter how bad it is. We're not fanboys. Paper Mario: TTYD is generally a very good game. Mario Party 9, on the other hand, has many flaws.

Nabber said:
Gardevoir said:
You were implying it.
Gardevoir said:
Since you asked... The fanboys overlly prefer Paper Mario than any other series, in this case the Mario Party series... there
Sounds like you're calling us fanboys to me.
People can like a series. The difference between a fanboy and a fan is that a fanboy will defend a series no matter how bad it is. We're not fanboys. Paper Mario: TTYD is generally a very good game. Mario Party 9, on the other hand, has many flaws.

Oh, Hi "The". I never knew you changed your name... And i was reffering to the argument ABOUT fanboys. If you wanted me to call you a fanboy say so.

Paper Mario: TTYD is generally a very good game. Mario Party 9, on the other hand, has many flaws.

Even those flaws can't be compared to each other.

People, stop comparing Mario Party to Paper Mario. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Anyway, here's my suggestion: get Mario Party if you have friends willing to play with you (if you get Paper Mario instead, horrible, boring life for your friends). Get Paper Mario if you're going to play by yourself (you're not going to have a great time if you play Mario Party by yourself).

You ever wonder why Paper Mario has so many fanboys?

BECAUSE IT'S A GOOD GAME :dk2:

Paper Mario. I've rented Mario Party 9. And while the minigames were pretty good. The board gameplay wasn't to my liking at all.

While they are of course very different. I'd prefer an 8 chapter adventure to a game where in my honest opinion, the only good thing about the game is the minigames.

Back