Paper Mario or Mario Party 9?

Which game is better Paper Mario or Mario Party 9?

• Paper Mario

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • Mario Party 9

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
Baby Luigi said:
Paper Mario: TTYD is generally a very good game. Mario Party 9, on the other hand, has many flaws.

Even those flaws can't be compared to each other.

People, stop comparing Mario Party to Paper Mario. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Anyway, here's my suggestion: get Mario Party if you have friends willing to play with you (if you get Paper Mario instead, horrible, boring life for your friends). Get Paper Mario if you're going to play by yourself (you're not going to have a great time if you play Mario Party by yourself).
Thanks for that. I'm pretty sure which game I want now

MP9_EUcover.jpg

No it's your last chance get Paper Mario fast, it's great, you'll love it.

Well, if you choose that, thats fine. even though shit tons of people will disagree.

In the end, you should get what you feel like getting. If you want Paper Mario just get it when you save up later.

Well its all on what kind of game you want, if you have a bunch of friends around all the time then yeah MP is the choice but if you're by yourself a lot, than Paper Mario is the choice.

Anyway I don't know anything about mp9, but if you love rpgs, then Paper Mario is a great first or just as another rpg in general.

Sadly there aren't many co-op rpgs around(in the mario universe anyway). :(

Mario Party is a game that anyone/everyone can enjoy so you made a good choice. I like Paper Mario but I find games more fun when I play with my friends..

3 vs. everyone else who like PM
Im surprised the majority didn't do a good job of convincing him to get PM...

Mario Party 9 is not the worse MP game (I still find Mario Party 8 less fun). The problem I think many people have with MP9 is the fact that it is such a different concept than any other MP game. It is a lot of fun still, just...it's completely on a different level than the others. There's many things good about that, and many things bad about it.

Paper Mario has many classic elements that many people don't find nowadays in the Mario series. Back then, they made the Mario series more difficult than it is now. Personally, I wish that they made would make more challenge Mario games, because I feel like if it isn't a sports game, it should make you die many times. Anyways, PM has a lot of fun factors in it, it is very long, and is thrilling in many ways. As long as graphics doesn't bother you, it's a very enjoyable game.

However, you really can't compare them. They are on two different plains in the Mario Realm. Mario Party 9 is meant to be a friend-against-friend game where you go around and try to beat each other for the best score. Paper Mario is a game where you have to travel on a journey to save someone, and you have to battle enemies and bosses to gain power and travel through different areas with their own difficulty. They barely have anything in common, besides the fact that it has many characters in common.

Both games are great in their own way, but comparing them is quite senseless. Maybe comparing Mario Party and Mario Party 9 or comparing Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario, but as separate things in their own series. Besides, it's not like they are going to disappear in the next...many years, so just pick one and then pick the other later when you can get it.

Gardevoir said:

Yeah, no.

1 - You don't just say that, as it makes people hate you.

2 - There was really no way of convincing anyone anything, as these two topics were too off base with each other.

3 - There's really no reason to gloat. He only stated that he's leaning towards MP9. Also, it not like he won't get the other game.

Gardevoir said:
Mario Party is a game that anyone/everyone can enjoy

I didn't really enjoy it that much and neither have several people in this topic. plus isn't it getting a lot of bad reviews? :|

Zae said:
Well its all on what kind of game you want, if you have a bunch of friends around all the time then yeah MP is the choice but if you're by yourself a lot, than Paper Mario is the choice.

this might be why I don't enjoy MP as much, of course. The only gamer I know IRL that hasn't moved is my brother and he prefers either playing by himself or just watching me play, so yeah.

Fi said:
Mario Party 9 is not the worse MP game (I still find Mario Party 8 less fun). The problem I think many people have with MP9 is the fact that it is such a different concept than any other MP game. It is a lot of fun still, just...it's completely on a different level than the others. There's many things good about that, and many things bad about it.

Paper Mario has many classic elements that many people don't find nowadays in the Mario series. Back then, they made the Mario series more difficult than it is now. Personally, I wish that they made would make more challenge Mario games, because I feel like if it isn't a sports game, it should make you die many times. Anyways, PM has a lot of fun factors in it, it is very long, and is thrilling in many ways. As long as graphics doesn't bother you, it's a very enjoyable game.

However, you really can't compare them. They are on two different plains in the Mario Realm. Mario Party 9 is meant to be a friend-against-friend game where you go around and try to beat each other for the best score. Paper Mario is a game where you have to travel on a journey to save someone, and you have to battle enemies and bosses to gain power and travel through different areas with their own difficulty. They barely have anything in common, besides the fact that it has many characters in common.

Both games are great in their own way, but comparing them is quite senseless. Maybe comparing Mario Party and Mario Party 9 or comparing Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario, but as separate things in their own series. Besides, it's not like they are going to disappear in the next...many years, so just pick one and then pick the other later when you can get it.

Gardevoir said:

Yeah, no.

1 - You don't just say that, as it makes people hate you.

2 - There was really no way of convincing anyone anything, as these two topics were too off base with each other.

3 - There's really no reason to gloat. He only stated that he's leaning towards MP9. Also, it not like he won't get the other game.

As I said, I don't hate pm I just like mario party more.us He should get it, but I Imo wouldn't buy older games and i simply pirate them,

Smasher said:
Gardevoir said:
Mario Party is a game that anyone/everyone can enjoy

I didn't really enjoy it that much and neither have several people in this topic. plus isn't it getting a lot of bad reviews? :|

You can't really go on just reviews since a lot of them are majorly one sided, hell some guy at ign that didn't rate arkham city as a perfect 10, got threatend and his next review(which i think was uncharted 3) got a perfect 10, despite labeling some lack luster stuff.

But yeah I dont think mp9 looks very impressive in all honesty and its really not my type of game, but like I said, its all on what type of game ya want buds.

Also just for the recond mp9 is not something ANYONE can enjoy, as many people hate mario party with a passion, so that's kinda silly to say.

Gardevoir said:
As I said, I don't hate pm I just like mario party more.us He should get it, but I Imo wouldn't buy older games and i simply pirate them,

And you call people that like PM Paper Mario fanboys, when obviously you are a Mario Party fanboy?

Also, isn't pirating illegal?

Fi said:
Gardevoir said:

And you call people that like PM Paper Mario fanboys, when obviously you are a Mario Party fanboy?

It's supposed to be but no one ever gets caught and it really doesn't seem to budge anything, so no one really cares.

It seems your not "ANYONE" then.... its an expression btw.. -_-

Fi said:
Gardevoir said:

Not really, as i said im more of a Super Mario Sunshine fanboy. And atleast I have the guts to admit it.

And i personally LIKE paper mario... I DONT HATE THE GAME! I do admit Mario Party has its flaws, but im not protecting it to the very end (I only do that with SMS).

And i figure you fail to realize i dont live in the us or any of those fancy countries. The constitution here doesnt give a damn if you pirate games.

Should this topic be closed.. He already chose Maro Party 9.

Again:

>person sets up poll
>Ignores results of the poll

In this case, there's a eleven to one ratio.
Also
Gardevoir said:
Oh, Hi "The". I never knew you changed your name...
What the heck?

Gardevoir said:
It seems your not "ANYONE" then.... its an expression btw.. -_-

Fi said:
Gardevoir said:

Not really, as i said im more of a Super Mario Sunshine fanboy. And atleast I have the guts to admit it.

And i personally LIKE paper mario... I DONT HATE THE GAME! I do admit Mario Party has its flaws, but im not protecting it to the very end (I only do that with SMS).

Guts? You don't have to act like you're better than everyone here. They weren't trying to act like they were more of a person for admitting their love for something; it was just trying to give advice to someone.

And we never said you didn't like Paper Mario, you just like Mario Party more.

Nabber said:
Again:

>person sets up poll

Also
Gardevoir said:
What the heck?
It is hard to get a game if you don't have the money for it.

BMB is right take his advice, not Boidoh fanboy.

Yoshidude99 said:
Nabber said:
Again:

>person sets up poll

Also
Gardevoir said:
What the heck?
I thought you said you could get either?

Nabber said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Nabber said:
Again:

>person sets up poll

Also
Gardevoir said:
What the heck?
I thought you said you could get either?
And I'm pretty sure Mario Party 9 costs more.

Anyway, there's probably no sense in arguing now. He probably already bought the game and Boidoh is laughing at us going, "hawhaw i wiin u paypar maro fenboi nubz lol".

He has a pokemon name as username so the jokes still on him.

SO DIFFICULT.
I would say Mario Party, because theres no real end. Paper Mario does. The Thousand Year Door? Different story.

Back