Paper Mario

What is your favorite boss in Paper Mario?

• Big Lantern Ghost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bowser

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Bowser???

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Buzzar

• Buzzar

• Crystal King

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Fuzzipede

• General Guy

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Goomba King

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Huff N. Puff

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Jr. Troopa

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Kammy Koopa

• Kent C. Koopa

• Koopa Bros.

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Spike? (Lakilester)

• Lava Piranha

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Monstar

• Blooper

• Electro Blooper

• Super Blooper

• The Master

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Tubba Blubba

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tutankoopa

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

UltraMario

Donkey Kong
A topic on the first, N64 Paper Mario. I didn't see a topic on this, so, Wynaut.
Trozeiani360.gif

Best game ever. Actually, the sequel is even better, but I never owned that one, I just borrowed it (and managed to complete it as well), so the 64 version has a special meaning for me. Most of the English I know, I learned it from that game.

FMGBASKFH said:
Actually, the sequel is even better
I kinda prefer the prequel because

UltraMario said:
Zae said:
98% of the game is good, only real bad thing is side quests, as their a bit boring.
Which is why I kinda prefer the first game. Better side quests. The things I long for when it comes to video games. It leaves me more exploration.

But there are no actual side quests in the first one, other than running Koopa Koot's errands =/ Thousand-Year Door is better at that one because of the Trouble Center...

FMGBASKFH said:
But there are no actual side quests in the first one, other than running Koopa Koot's errands =/ Thousand-Year Door is better at that one because of the Trouble Center...
For me, things like collecting all 50 badges, cooking all the recipes, delivering all of Parakary's letters, collecting all Star Pieces, doing Koopa Koot's errands, answering all of Chuck Quizmo's quizzes, beating the Master and Anti Guy, etc. count as sidequests because most of these things show up on the bill board in Mario's House.

Example:
Coins Collected: 4000
Badges collected: 42/50
Chuck Quizmo's quizzes: 19/19

Well, Thousand-Year Door had all of those things, except for the letter delivering, but it had the Pit of 100 Trials, which the 64 version didn't have. About the recipes: it's freaking annoying how you can't see which recipes you have already made, because it lacks a Recipe Log. D:

FMGBASKFH said:
except for the letter delivering
One of my favorite kind of sidequests. ;). And btw, you're saying that TTYD had, idk, Koopa Koot, Chuck Quizmo, and the Master and Anti Guy? :yoshi:.

A game the every kid gamer of every generation should play.

FMGBASKFH said:

Dojo battles, the long chain of the fish letters, collecting lost letters for pk, etc.

Anyway, Paper Mario was my first rpg ever and what got me into rpgs in the first place. Probably beaten the game around 30 different times and have a lot memorized, done everything, so on and so on.

Zae said:
FMGBASKFH said:

Dojo battles, the long chain of the fish letters, collecting lost letters for pk, etc.
Exactly! ;).

Well, the Trouble Center had many different quests that make up for those! Plus, it has the Pit of 100 Trials!

FMGBASKFH said:
Well, the Trouble Center had many different quests that make up for those! Plus, it has the Pit of 100 Trials!
They had optional quizzes, letter delivery, fighting 2 optional bosses, etc.? :yoshi:.

Ah, Paper Mario. The only Paper Mario game I fully played through and enjoyed it to the final boss.

I remember one time I beat the anti-squad in Bowser's castle. Shit was hard.

I fought the Anti-squad in Bowser's Castle on my first playthrough. Barely survived and I had full health when I started. Wasted my damn Ultra Shroom and Super Shrooms.

UltraMario said:
FMGBASKFH said:
They had optional quizzes, letter delivery, fighting 2 optional bosses, etc.? :yoshi:.

No, but I repeat, it had other things :yoshi: (<-- This Yoshi icon is the best thing this forum has).

Beat Chapter 5 yesterday, had to go back to the Yoshi village and prepare for the the boss.

This game is so far really good, got it last Saturday.

Herr Shyguy said:
I remember one time I beat the anti-squad in Bowser's castle. *bleep* was hard.

Congrats you probably just beat the only real challenge lol.

Sure is rewarding though lol.

I've never played the original Paper Mario before. If I manage to get a Nintendo 64 someday, do you guys think I should get Paper Mario?

I prefer The Thousand Year Door over this one, but I absolutely love this game anyways. It has two of my favorite Mario bosses (General Guy and Crystal King), so that's a plus.

except Huff 'N Puff... ugh

Up to flower fields.
Yoshidude99 said:
I don't know which to get Paper Mario or Mario Party 9.
I can't really help you out on this on dude, I recommend making a poll about it.

I remember when I first played this game when I was young I sucked at it and died fifty times on Huff N. Puff.

Pyro said:
I remember when I first played this game when I was young I sucked at it and died fifty times on Huff N. Puff.

Same here, and it's kind of funny how kids have trouble beating him since beating him is actually quite easy. Have your first character attack then have your second character use an attack that hits all enemies. Even if Huff N. Puff heals, he won't recover all of his health.

Mariomario64 said:
I've never played the original Paper Mario before. If I manage to get a Nintendo 64 someday, do you guys think I should get Paper Mario?
No. You could always, I dunno, get it off VC? xP.

EDIT: BTW gais (no, not gays, guys), Imma maek a poll for your favorite bosses (I'm counting King Goomba/Goomboss since he kinda counts as a Prologue boss like Blooper was in TTYD).

Back