Paper Mario

What is your favorite boss in Paper Mario?

• Big Lantern Ghost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bowser

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Bowser???

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Buzzar

• Buzzar

• Crystal King

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Fuzzipede

• General Guy

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Goomba King

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Huff N. Puff

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Jr. Troopa

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Kammy Koopa

• Kent C. Koopa

• Koopa Bros.

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Spike? (Lakilester)

• Lava Piranha

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Monstar

• Blooper

• Electro Blooper

• Super Blooper

• The Master

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Tubba Blubba

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tutankoopa

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
This game also had an excellent soundtrack. Some of its tunes I can still remember.

Pyro said:
I remember when I first played this game when I was young I sucked at it and died fifty times on Huff N. Puff.
I beat him on my first try :P.

New Super Yoshi said:
Pyro said:
I remember when I first played this game when I was young I sucked at it and died fifty times on Huff N. Puff.

Same, he was pretty easy.

I thought Lava Piranha(boss of volcano island or whatever) was much harder.

Zae said:
New Super Yoshi said:
Pyro said:

Same, he was pretty easy.

I thought Lava Piranha(boss of volcano island or whatever) was much harder.
Yeah,I died twice on him

I beat him in one try (Although I was revived once since I had brought a Life Shroom with me). Also, I was like WHAT THE FUUUUU when he randomly came back after I beat him (I was unaware that there was a second phase. xP).

Lava Piranha was easy, just use the icy badges (the ones that are super effective against fire/resist fire)

You could also use Snowman Dolls or Sushie's Tidal Wave Attack. Lava Piranha's not hard at all if you bring along a few recovery items.

Well was never low on HP so I didn't really need to heal. I kinda destroyed Lava Piranha

Bow's Smack (Fan Smack if he's on fire) also works wonders. Although it doesn't hurt the buds. One of the few times I actually find Bow useful in combat.

Buster Baxter said:
You could also use Snowman Dolls or Sushie's Tidal Wave Attack. Lava Piranha's not hard at all if you bring along a few recovery items.
I didn't have that move since I wanted to save the next Super Block for Lakilester. :(.

But you don't get Lakilester until Chapter 6 and I know for a fact there's a Super Block somewhere in Flower Fields. Right after the puzzle with red, green, and purple platforms. ;)

Yeah, well in my party, no partner gets left behind a rank. That's the way I roll when it comes to Paper Mario installments. I like equality, especially in Mario's stats (Every time I level up, I pick one stat to upgrade at a time. Example: Level 2: HP - Level 3: FP - Level 4: BP and so on and so fourth).

The funny thing is, the last person I upgrade is Goombario, even if I get a new partner

I just don't like Goombario. I think he's useless, especially later in the game. I think partners such as Watt or Lakilester are more useful than Goombario

I voted for Jr. Troopa, the Goomba King, Fuzzipede, and the Crystal King.

Jr. Troopa's just fun, and I wish he'd come back in another Paper Mario game.

I like the Goomba King's design, and I'm actually glad he made it into the main Mario series as Goomboss.

Fuzzipede is an underrated boss, and I love his personality and accent.

Crystal King, you don't see much of, but he just seems so badass!

Smashgoom202 said:
Crystal King, you don't see much of, but he just seems so badass!

His boss music is badass too

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF836A21101D10D82

YES. (it's a playlist of 85 different Paper Mario 1 songs extended to 30 minutes by BrawlBRSTMs btw)

Chanterelle's song is the most beautiful song I've heard in the game so far. <3. (Flower Fields after being back in the sunshine whatever the song was called being in 2nd. Although, the only reason I hate Flower Fields is because of how it's almost impossible to dodge enemies on the field because of their speed and how there's a bunch of Status Element enemies.

Getting hit by a first strike by a Bzzap is the worst thing you want to happen to you.

Bzzap!s are a bitch. :-\

This is why I try to get the Ultra Boots as soon as I can. Makes dealing with them a lot easier.

Smashgoom202 said:
Bzzap!s are a bitch. :-\

This is why I try to get the Ultra Boots as soon as I can. Makes dealing with them a lot easier.
Or you could just, uh... go a couple feet away, throw Bombette, go in front on of the enemy, and quickly press down on the C stick?

Back