The Official Rant About SpongeBob Thread

Pyro

Power Star
Well since the New SpongeBobs thread started turning into a rant thread I decided I would make this.

Wouldn't it be best to have the thread as ranting about something in a show that you do like (As in you like the show that you're talking about but you feel like you gotta vent something out in a post).

Then again, I'm getting the feeling that this is a bad idea in general. As it could lead to pointless nitpicky rants.

Best Day Ever is the worst episode, along with The Splinter and All That Glitters.

I am also putting how hyped that episode was into consideration.

Baby Luigi said:
Best Day Ever is the worst episode, along with The Splinter and All That Glitters.

I am also putting how hyped that episode was into consideration.
Man, Nickelodeon overhypes so many episodes (i.e. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants: WILL SPONGEBOB EVER HAVE SQUARE PANTS AGAIN?! FIND OUT NEXT!)

Northern Verve said:
Wouldn't it be best to have the thread as ranting about something in a show that you do like (As in you like the show that you're talking about but you feel like you gotta vent something out in a post).

Then again, I'm getting the feeling that this is a bad idea in general. As it could lead to pointless nitpicky rants.
All rants are pointless one person on a Mario Forum has an exactly 0% chance of changing anything people only rant because
A: They want to blow off steam
B: They want to make people laugh
C: They hate the fucking show and they hate the people who like the show therefore they want to find as many flaws as possible so that they can convince others to dislike the show usually followed by the "Dude it's a fucking T.V show response" These types of rants are just about guaranteed to end in a flame war if they hit a popular enough subject
This Has been Shoey's Guide to the wonderful world of rants

What's the difference between criticizing and ranting?

Magikrazy said:
La Marionette said:
What's the difference between criticizing and ranting?
Criticizing involves giving advice on how one can improve.

No, that's called "constructive criticism".

Criticism is just bashing on what aspects hated.

I thought criticizing was sort of complaining, like pointing out the flaws.

The Splinter episode is pointless and unnecessarily graphic, by the way. I'd say it's one of the worst in the Spongebob series.

La Marionette said:

The Splinter episode is pointless and unnecessarily graphic, by the way. I'd say it's one of the worst in the Spongebob series.
I do not agree! I thought it was awesome! Remeber when Patrick's "treatment" was pounding it in deeper with a mallet? Funny.

Post-Damage Invincibility said:
La Marionette said:

I do not agree! I thought it was awesome! Remeber when Patrick's "treatment" was pounding it in deeper with a mallet? Funny.

I thought it was disgusting

*cringes* I'd never thought an episode would make me cringe, even at the thought of it.

You know what another bad episode is? Penny Foolish.

La Marionette said:
You know what another bad episode is? Penny Foolish.

Plot of the episode

Mr. Krabs: hurr durr, lookie here Spongebob found a penny! ZOMG!!!!!!!!!! i'm so cheap so i'll hatch a stupid scheme. flanderization rules hurr derr
*after coming home, Mr. Krabs gets crazy and hallucinations*
Mr. Krabs: I gotta get that penny, so i'll waste zillions of my dollars renovating the restaurant, creating that movie theater, yada yada just to get that darn penny
*after failed attempts, Mr. Krabs stalks Spongebob*
Spongebob: hey wait that's not a penny, that's for my dried gum collection. heavens know why i keep one in the first place!
Mr. Krabs: darn it i'll continue searching for it like a dumbass
*after a while, that "piece of gum" is actually a $500 bill*
Spongebob: hey what the hell is this?????? ONLY $500???????? not my piece of gum. i'm so dumb so i'll toss this treasure away!!

I hate that episode, mind you

Lario said:
SexyEspeon said:
that house fancy scene scarred me.

</rant>

I found that episode decent though. That one scene is fun to post elsewhere.

I thought House Fancy was decent too, but that scene put me off the episode. Oh, if they only removed that horrid scene

Baby Luigi said:
Lario said:
SexyEspeon said:
that house fancy scene scarred me.

</rant>

I found that episode decent though. That one scene is fun to post elsewhere.

I thought House Fancy was decent too, but that scene put me off the episode. Oh, if they only removed that horrid scene
If the gasoline scene is banned, then that should be too.

That gas seen was FAR less violent than the House Fancy one.

If that's the reason for taking it off the air, then why is the House Fancy scene still on air!? Have they gotten out of their minds!?

Baby Luigi said:
That gas seen was FAR less violent than the House Fancy one.

If that's the reason for taking it off the air, then why is the House Fancy scene still on air!? Have they gotten out of their minds!?
It aired pretty close to 9/11.

I don't see how the gas thing relates to 9/11. It's also a cartoon, I don't see anything wrong with that scene. Squidward doesn't die or injured or anything, all he gets is black soot all over his body like a normal cartoon.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't see how the gas thing relates to 9/11. It's also a cartoon, I don't see anything wrong with that scene. Squidward doesn't die or injured or anything, all he gets is black soot all over his body like a normal cartoon.
Oh, you know how sensitive people are about their World Trade Centers being destroyed by armed terrorists.

9/11 also banned 3 Pokemon episodes for a little while.

Back