The Official Rant About SpongeBob Thread

Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:
I don't see how the gas thing relates to 9/11. It's also a cartoon, I don't see anything wrong with that scene. Squidward doesn't die or injured or anything, all he gets is black soot all over his body like a normal cartoon.
Oh, you know how sensitive people are about their World Trade Centers being destroyed by armed terrorists.

9/11 also banned 3 Pokemon episodes for a little while.

9/11 is a tragedy all right, but I don't see the link between a cartoon scene that appears to have nothing to do with the terrorist attacks and the tragedy itself.

Baby Luigi said:
Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:
I don't see how the gas thing relates to 9/11. It's also a cartoon, I don't see anything wrong with that scene. Squidward doesn't die or injured or anything, all he gets is black soot all over his body like a normal cartoon.
Oh, you know how sensitive people are about their World Trade Centers being destroyed by armed terrorists.

9/11 is a tragedy all right, but I don't see the link between a cartoon scene that appears to have nothing to do with the terrorist attacks and the tragedy itself.
You don't have to what you think is totally irrelevent it's all about what
A: Some random Watchdog group thinks
B: A worried executive thinks
C: The FCC Thinks
D: What Congress thinks
and finally E: What parents thing

This has been Shoeys guide to decisions revolving around non-existent connections in kids T.V Shows

Baby Luigi said:
Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:

I don't know, maybe it has more to do with the fact that Viacom (to the rescue again [/sarcasm]) doesn't want kids to light gas on fire (even underwater).

But sticking a leg of the chair deep onto a bloody toe and then breaking it, launching the toenail into the air is okay?

La Marionette said:
But sticking a leg of the chair deep onto a bloody toe and then breaking it, launching the toenail into the air is okay?
To think about it, Squidward never had any toenails until that point and he never did again. It was just used to make Squidward miserable again!

Gosh, the pain I felt from watching that episode is immense. I never want to see this again. Ever.

Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Magikrazy said:
Baby Luigi said:

I don't know, maybe it has more to do with the fact that Viacom (to the rescue again [/sarcasm]) doesn't want kids to light gas on fire (even underwater).
Water does not preclude a gasoline fire.

Gardevoir said:
Someone show me a video of those 2., ive never seen anything wrong w/ the house fancy episode and which gasoline scene i've never head of.us

Funny, banned
Not funny, not banned

Don't even embed that scene up there! :P Just put a link there next time.

I meant the second one.

SON OF A *BLEEP*

sorry for the swearing but DON'T YOU DARE TO SHOW IT AGAIN.

This is the twisted logic of people who regulate "appropriateness" of cartoons.

It was deemed "inappropriate".

I really don't know.

@Boidoh, it was released pretty dang close to 9/11, and during that time, anything remotely violent was banned, including the Pokemon episode Tentacool and Tentacruel.

Gardevoir said:
1st of all why!?!? Secondly so what if their buildings are blown up -_- that doesnt mean they HAVE to stop cartoon violence. And finally wow spongebob is old O_O

People are just so anxious in that time, so their paranoia is controlling them.

Gardevoir said:
1st of all why!?!? Secondly so what if their buildings are blown up -_- that doesnt mean they HAVE to stop cartoon violence. And finally wow spongebob is old O_O

I think if you lived in America and had lost a loved one to the terrorist attack on the WTC. You wouldn't want to be reminded of anything related to a burning/destroyed building.

Northern Verve said:
Gardevoir said:

I think if you lived in America and had lost a loved one to the terrorist attack on the WTC. You wouldn't want to be reminded of anything related to a burning/destroyed building.
Really that's a laugh you really think anyone actually complained that a building was destroyed in a T.V show or that a bucket of gas was dropped it's nothing more then executive hysteria causing problems over something that offended nobody

Crazy Jane said:
Northern Verve said:
Gardevoir said:

Really that's a laugh you really think anyone actually complained that a building was destroyed in a T.V show or that a bucket of gas was dropped it's nothing more then executive hysteria causing problems over something that offended nobody

Even so it was incredibly insensitive of Boldoh to say "so what if their buildings are blown up"

Big bump. But I felt like sharing a reviewer that's done plenty of reviews of terrible Post-Movie Spongebob episodes. (He's a bit low-budget, since his videos are made with Movie Maker. But he's a more active and I'd say a better Animation reviewer then CR of That Guy With The Glasses is currently.)

Here's a list of links to each one. His Animated Atrocity reviewed Spongebob episodes:

The Splinter
Stuck in the Wringer
One Coarse Meal
Face Freeze
Squid's Visit
Squid Baby
Atlantis Squarepantis
and Spongebob, You're Fired!

Wait, is there any footage of this disturbing stuff? Well, I guess so.

Plus, what's the content of his reviews? Is it appropriate for children? I doubt it.

No matter what, however, I'll look into these.

Back