Are you afraid of any PoKéMoN?

I dunno why, but Stunfisk really makes me uneasy. I think it's the eyes.

And that it can live a Surf and hit my Pokemon with a STAB Thunderbolt. Stupid typing.

Not sure why you people are afraid of hypno, he's pretty stupid looking.

The again you're affected by creepypasta, I'm not.

(personally it's all pretty dumb, not even the scp-173 creepypasta was interesting.)

Slaking has a creepy second frame sprite in D/P

gtx9WJ9.png

i'd be scared of slaking if he didnt have the second worse ability to ever exist.

GalacticPetey said:
Hypno's Lullaby isn't really scary. It's more eerie and disturbing.
Thank you.

The reason I don't watch it is that the pictures....and I've never really listened to it, so I don't know what it's like.

No. I'm afraid of Hypno. Dont ask. You really dont want to know.

On the flipside, Gengar is the cutest thing ever. ;-;

I'd be afraid of Gengar if he wasn't the second most awesome looking ghost pokemon.

okay yeah double post, but i caught a yanmega not too long ago and decided to read its pokedex entry, and it was....

"It prefers to battle by biting apart foes' heads instantly while flying by at high speed. "

Well gotta admit Yanmega you're a rad dude but i guess you're pretty gruesome too!

My kind of pokemon.

Purple Yoshi said:

And that it can live a Surf and hit my Pokemon with a STAB Thunderbolt. Stupid typing.

It's not much Stunfisk's typing, but its base stat values that are the issue. Of course, Stunfisk isn't exactly a heavy hitter itself.

GalacticPetey said:
Guys, what if Slaking's hidden ability was defeatist?

Slaking would be a bigger threat with Defeatist, since that ability doesn't hinder it as much as Truant would; you'd have to lower Slaking's HP to below 50% to cripple it, which may mean that your team will be taking some big hits. And unlike Truant, Defeatist can be removed by Worry Seed, Entrainment, and Simple Beam.

Of course, nothing is worse than Slow Start, since even if you do remove that ability early, Regigigas would still have to endure a full turn with its speed cut in half.

Purple Yoshi said:

....its not even a good typing, offensively maybe, but pretty sad defensively.

Plus hydreigon is even WORSE.

It can drill holes into an entire team with dragon pulse, dark pulse, fire blast, and surf.

Yep, it learns all those moves, combined that two of those are powerful stab attacks, Hydreigon having a 125 base special attack stat, combined with an impressive 97 base speed stat. Along with that, it actually has some pretty nice defenses to boot, so yeah. Not exactly the most fun of a fight you can have with a pokemon.

Plus stunfisk just really sucks, only redeeming qualities are hp and special defense.

Samus Aran said:
okay yeah double post, but i caught a yanmega not too long ago and decided to read its pokedex entry, and it was....

"It prefers to battle by biting apart foes' heads instantly while flying by at high speed. "

Well gotta admit Yanmega you're a rad dude but i guess you're pretty gruesome too!

My kind of pokemon.
Yanmega is the reason foes set up stealth rock. They all fear him.

GalacticPetey said:
Samus Aran said:

My kind of pokemon.
Yanmega is the reason foes set up stealth rock. They all fear him.

i can see why he's just an insane badass.

and here i thought the only good bug/flying type was scyther.

WRRRRRRRRRRRONG

Samus Aran said:
Purple Yoshi said:

....its not even a good typing, offensively maybe, but pretty sad defensively.

Plus hydreigon is even WORSE.

It can drill holes into an entire team with dragon pulse, dark pulse, fire blast, and surf.

Yep, it learns all those moves, combined that two of those are powerful stab attacks, Hydreigon having a 125 base special attack stat, combined with an impressive 97 base speed stat. Along with that, it actually has some pretty nice defenses to boot, so yeah. Not exactly the most fun of a fight you can have with a pokemon.

Plus stunfisk just really sucks, only redeeming qualities are hp and special defense.

Actually, Hydreigon's base speed is "98", making it faster than Haxorus, but it still gets outsped by anything with a base speed of "100". Additionally, it cowers by the sight of Terrakion, who can easily slay it with a single Close Combat.

On a side note, Earth Power did get overlooked there. In the double and triple battles, Surf's power does get nerfed down to around 71 when hitting more than one target, making it less useful than Earth Power without STAB. Likewise, Wide Guard blocks Surf, while Earth Power bypasses the move.

oh seems i got it reversed(speed stat), woops.

But yeah earth power would be more reliable than surf in that case then, im sure its got other good moves too, but surf just kinda popped in my head.

Surf is a good move, but it's not so effective without STAB in the double and triple battles, since any move that hits more than one target will only strike with 75% of its original strength. If the move only targets one Pokemon, however, it strikes that solo target with all of its strength in tact.

Back