Are you afraid of any PoKéMoN?

MnSG said:
Surf is a good move, but it's not so effective without STAB in the double and triple battles, since any move that hits more than one target will only strike with 75% of its original strength. If the move only targets one Pokemon, however, it strikes that solo target with all of its strength in tact.

so does this apply to other multi-hit moves like rock slide and earthquake?

Samus Aran said:
MnSG said:
Surf is a good move, but it's not so effective without STAB in the double and triple battles, since any move that hits more than one target will only strike with 75% of its original strength. If the move only targets one Pokemon, however, it strikes that solo target with all of its strength in tact.

so does this apply to other multi-hit moves like rock slide and earthquake?

Yes. Any move that affects "All adjacent foes" or "All adjacent Pokémon" will only pack 75% of its original power when targeting more than one Pokemon. When targeting only one Pokemon, however, the move's power is 100%.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Triple_Battle

my god that is so freaking stupid.

off topic and all but man that makes me furious.

Samus Aran said:
my god that is so freaking stupid.

off topic and all but man that makes me furious.

Remember though that this only occurs in the double and triple battles. In the single and rotation battles, all multi-target attacks strike at full power, since you can only target one Pokemon in those battle formats anyway.

With that said, back to on-topic matters...

I for one would agree that Jynx is creepy-looking.

another mention is bannete.

who was thrown out as a doll and now it haunts its owner to punish it.....

Jigglypuff is one scary bastard.

god, i remember when i looked just about everyday to look at the new pokemon that they were introducing on the pokemon website, and then i saw that there was a new pokemon, it was spiritomb. i thought "HOLY SHIT WHAT THE HELL IS THAT! CHERRIM EVOLVES INTO THIS?" i thought cherrim evolved into spiritomb.... they were announced after eachother, i think.

Drifloon's Pokedex entry in which it states it carries children to the underworld creeps me out a bit.

Yoshi876 said:
Drifloon's Pokedex entry in which it states it carries children to the underworld creeps me out a bit.
I think you mean Drifblim. Drifloon are too light to carry a child unless there's at least 15 of them.

Matt Foley said:
Yoshi876 said:
I think you mean Drifblim. Drifloon are too light to carry a child unless there's at least 15 of them.

Actually I was just quoting it wrong, forgive me I haven't played in a while, but the actual entry was 'It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing.'

Back