Requesting edits for locked pages.

Well, my above request still needs to be addressed

But yeah I have another request for MarioWiki:Userbox, darkblue and black contrasts horribly, for #mwchat userbox, would prefer it if the colors were changed to contrast better for an official userbox.

Someone has been making redirects for Red Mushroom to Super Mushroom, Green Mushroom to 1-Up Mushroom, and so on. Are these names even necessary? Because something tells me that other mushrooms can be those colors. Like the Reverse Mushroom or Ultra Shroom.

I think these two in particular should be permitted. It's common to call the 1-up mushroom the green mushroom. And the regular mushroom as the red mushroom. No more should be created though.

Shaggy said:
I think these two in particular should be permitted. It's common to call the 1-up mushroom the green mushroom. And the regular mushroom as the red mushroom. No more should be created though.
I don't recall it ever being used officially, and, barring famous examples, fan redirects are rather iffy.

I can't recall red mushrooms being used. But I'm pretty sure I saw green mushroom somewhere in a manual.

From MarioWiki:Coverage:

When a Mario character appears in another franchise (including stand-alone releases), it is either a guest appearance or a cameo. The difference is how much impact the Mario character has on the game: if they have a role in the plot or are featured as a playable character, it is a guest appearance, whereas if they can be erased without any ill effects on the game, it is a cameo.

That last part doesn't really sit well with me; especially in games like NBA Street V3 or SSX on Tour, the Mario characters could have been easily erased, and nothing would have been different. To avoid future confusion, perhaps it could be defined more clearly?

On Rosalina's page:

Merchandise
Plushies based on Rosalina are manufactured by San-ei. Currently there are two versions: Rosalina in default appearance and another as Cat Rosalina. There are also mini figurines of Rosalina developed by Furuta. Rosalina and Luma have an amiibo of them, which was released February 2015. The figure was originally available at Target, but is no longer available to purchase at any retail stores.

Is this ever going to get updated? Not only it's not true (Rosalina's Smash amiibo can be found in retail stores now), but she also has a new amiibo from the Super Mario series.

Can an admin please edit this userpage? I'm normally wouldn't be against personal user opinion of us, even if it's negative, but please, not like this where it's this obnoxious and it breaks stuff like the navigation on his user page for starters.

Baby Luigi said:
Can an admin please edit this userpage? I'm normally wouldn't be against personal user opinion of us, even if it's negative, but please, not like this where it's this obnoxious and it breaks stuff like the navigation on his user page for starters.
Okay. I have left the message, but reverted the edit which made the text larger.

http://www.mariowiki.com/DK_Rap

needs to be protected, much of the history is bullshit edits

Sure. I see that it's been protected in the past too, also because of vandalism. This time 'round, I've just made it indefinite, since the page seems very complete and there'd be no loss in preventing IPs from editing it.

Edit: Lol.

I assume it was my moving the page back after it was moved by that one guy that messed with the settings.

Regardless, the protection is now back in place.

May I request we change the noticeboards on the main page and at the top to promote tonight's awards ceremonies, linking it to the awards board as well as #mwikiawards. We usually do this every year.

NSY said:
May I request we change the noticeboards on the main page and at the top to promote tonight's awards ceremonies, linking it to the awards board as well as #mwikiawards. We usually do this every year.
All done.

I have placed the same message on the Sitenotice (MediaWiki:Sitenotice) too.

When I was a rookie here, I never archived any of my proposals. As such, some of them are not archived. I can't do it myself because all the old proposal archive pages are locked. May an admin do it for me?

See this, this, and this.

Hey Andymii! Talk page proposals don't actually get added to the proposals archive: only those which were conducted on the main proposals page (MarioWiki:Proposals) are added.

Instead, all talk page proposals are given {{settledTPP (Template:SettledTPP)}} (with the final vote count), which adds them to the settled TPP category (Category:Settled talk page proposals) so they may be found later. This is how TPPs are archived :)

YoshiKong said:
Hey Andymii! Talk page proposals don't actually get added to the proposals archive: only those which were conducted on the main proposals page (MarioWiki:Proposals) are added.

Instead, all talk page proposals are given {{settledTPP (Template:SettledTPP)}} (with the final vote count), which adds them to the settled TPP category (Category:Settled talk page proposals) so they may be found later. This is how TPPs are archived :)

Well, I'm an idiot :P

Andymii said:
YoshiKong said:

Well, I'm an idiot :P

self-awareness is the first step towards solving the problem

Back