Star Wars in General (Movies, Shows, Books, Games, etc.)

Favorite Star Wars Movie(/s)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All of Them. Can't Pick a Favorite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Only Original Trilogy

• Only Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Only Sequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Blastoise said:
I highly doubt Disney is going to pay attention to current Expanded Universe - that was something Lucas was really great about (except for Clone Wars, but even that didn't mess up EU too much).

Lucas was shit at paying attention to EU and even openly acknowledged how much he HATED and DESPISED all of the EU. He killed off
Jason Solo and Anakin Solo
specifically because he HATED THE
SOLO
CHILDREN BECAUSE HE DID NOT CREATE THEM. Same reason he killed off
Mara Jade Skywalker.
He is a narcissist who hates anything he hasnt made, which includes ALL of the EU.

I clearly remember him mentioning that he thought Dark Empire would have been something he would have been likely to do for an Episode VII, if he'd done one.

Brock said:
Blastoise said:
I highly doubt Disney is going to pay attention to current Expanded Universe - that was something Lucas was really great about (except for Clone Wars, but even that didn't mess up EU too much).

Lucas was shit at paying attention to EU and even openly acknowledged how much he HATED and DESPISED all of the EU. He killed off
SOLO
Mara Jade Skywalker.
He is a narcissist who hates anything he hasnt made, which includes ALL of the EU.

Uh is there any proof of this?

CloneWars is good, not great, but still good, I hope Disney doesn't decide to screw it up...

PS the yoda pic was funny and random relating to StarWars

Northern Verve said:
Brock said:
Blastoise said:

SOLO
Mara Jade Skywalker.

Uh is there any proof of this?

http://nerdapproved.com/movies/george-lucas-retires-blames-fans-for-crushing-his-spirit-to-make-another-star-wars-film/

I dont feel like looking for other articles, but there is a long running history of George Lucas being anti-EU characters. He has clearly stated time and again he only made the EU for the money, and cares nothing for the characters and stories in it.

Northern Verve said:
Ghost Nappa said:

If that happens... they're going to have to have it that somehow someone learned how to use Sith powers and goes masquerading as Darth Vader. It's impossible for it to be Anakin, otherwise it's just pure bull*bleep* o_O

Even as someone who liked the prequels somewhat that would totally ruin things. Not to mention step on all those authors who made those expanded universe books.
I actually agree with this. It better just be a hoax.

Brock said:
Blastoise said:

Lucas was *bleep* at paying attention to EU and even openly acknowledged how much he HATED and DESPISED all of the EU. He killed off
SOLO
Mara Jade Skywalker.
Yet Mara Skywalker appeared in SW:TFU

If Lucas hated the EU he would've stopped people from making the stories years ago. I'm seeing how this movie could work now. It can be set right after the Truce at Bakura(The day after Endor) since as far as I know there has been no EU directly after that book. The closet is Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor 6 months after.

Yoshidude99 said:
If Lucas hated the EU he would've stopped people from making the stories years ago. I'm seeing how this movie could work now. It can be set right after the Truce at Bakura(The day after Endor) since as far as I know there has been no EU directly after that book. The closet is Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor 6 months after.

Pro Tip: Lucas earns shit loads of money off the EU.

That doesnt mean he has any attachments to the characters or stories told in the EU. He continued letting people write stories and make games because it filled his pockets with loads and loads of dough, which he used to bake movies he actually cares about, like Red Tails. Him allowing EU stories to continue in no way shape or form indicates he has an attachment to the stories or characters produced by the EU.

What they'll probably do is have someone walk around as Darth Vader, but they are eventually exposed as

as

as

as

as

jar-jar-binks.jpg

No but seriously they'll hopefully just have someone faking being Darth.

Hopefully.

Well hopefully Disney won't be stupid enough to do that. On a positve note though Clone Wars has been really good as of late.

That event will come later on. Remember, each season consists of up to 22 episodes, and so far, 8 episodes have aired for the 5th season.

Blastoise said:
What they'll probably do is have

Anakin's ghost travel into the past and watch Padme die. This will cause mental collapse, and he will possess C-3PO, who will don the suit and act as Vader for the Disney trilogy.

They say that the enemy of your enemy is your friend. Hondo Ohnaka is one very unusual antagonist to say the least, but I enjoy his personality nonetheless.

Anyway, the latest episode obviously took place before the episode, "Revival", as in that very episode, Hondo did refer to Grievous while speaking to Kenobi.

I guess it makes more sense why Hondo willingly helps Obi Wan in that episode now.

I don't get why Slave 1 is painted red in this episode though.

Yoshidude99 said:
Ok. Still I don't see what's wrong with the EU. It adds more to the big story.

i prefer the eu, personally. i'm just saying, lucas has not exactly been kind to it in terms of canonicity. hopefully disney will respect established canon, but i have my doubts. optomistically skeptical until proven wrong.

Back