Star Wars in General (Movies, Shows, Books, Games, etc.)

Favorite Star Wars Movie(/s)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All of Them. Can't Pick a Favorite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Only Original Trilogy

• Only Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Only Sequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Anyone read the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy? A great little sub-Original-Trilogy set well, mainly around the Empire manipulating Black Sun and Boba Fett & the Bounty Hunters Guild. Also gives more of Fett's backstory and his escpae from the sarlacc. The other novels never really mentioned Neelah's influence on Kuat or her anywhere though, since she was an interesting lesser-known character.

Btw, Javvy, if you look in this topic and read SW novels, I guess I reccommend Darth Plagueis for you. Because Palpatine backstory.

YoshiGo, try and read the whole New Jedi Order; it is a great SW series, and I'm sad that I have only been able to read only a few entries of it. Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi are great as well; just one more novel in the latter series!

This would be longer if I could bother to ramble on about this franchise (I so would). *shrug*

My favorite non-movie character aside from Revan (who is in a league all his own) would have to be Ganner Rysode. I've never been into the post-movie novels or comics, but his most famous quote is undeniably awesome, and he seemed to be an interesting character.

Bec Noir said:
Anyone read the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy? A great little sub-Original-Trilogy set well, mainly around the Empire manipulating Black Sun and Boba Fett & the Bounty Hunters Guild. Also gives more of Fett's backstory and his escpae from the sarlacc. The other novels never really mentioned Neelah's influence on Kuat or her anywhere though, since she was an interesting lesser-known character.

Btw, Javvy, if you look in this topic and read SW novels, I guess I reccommend Darth Plagueis for you. Because Palpatine backstory.

YoshiGo, try and read the whole New Jedi Order; it is a great SW series, and I'm sad that I have only been able to read only a few entries of it. Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi are great as well; just one more novel in the latter series!

This would be longer if I could bother to ramble on about this franchise (I so would). *shrug*
If you mean Yoshidude then good. I am reading the New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos 1 at the moment. Also
Magus said:
My favorite non-movie character aside from Revan (who is in a league all his own) would have to be Ganner Rysode. I've never been into the post-movie novels or comics, but his most famous quote is undeniably awesome, and he seemed to be an interesting character.
He is ok. I like Corran more.

Some other people have done that too but I'm Yoshidude. Anyway after reading some more of Agent's of Chaos I am intrested about Roa.

Super Buu said:
Darth Maul returns? Hell yes. I also wonder how the Clone wars show will handle the events of Episode III

Part of the reason I don't watch it much is. All those moments where the Heroes like Anakin score a big victory and/or share a heartwarming moment? Yeah that goes down the toilet when Episode III happens.

Seems like it'd be quite the shocker for kids who got into Star Wars through the Clone Wars show and they praise Anakin (Or the Clone troopers as well) as the best hero and then as soon they get into the films... *BAM* Anakin singlehandedly leads the charge (After helping Palpatine kill Mace Windu no less) that leads to pretty much the implied deaths (Or even actual shown deaths) of pretty much all the Jedi in the series except of course for Obi-Wan and Yoda. Not to mention putting Ahsoka in makes things a little complicated. I wonder if they'll have her do some sort of Heroic Sacrifice, because I imagine if she survives the series then she has to die somehow in Order 66. Or her being hunted down by Anakin as Darth Vader (Which would be rather... interesting.... to say the least)

Northern Verve said:
Super Buu said:
Darth Maul returns? Hell yes. I also wonder how the Clone wars show will handle the events of Episode III

Part of the reason I don't watch it much is. All those moments where the Heroes like Anakin score a big victory and/or share a heartwarming moment? Yeah that goes down the toilet when Episode III happens.

Seems like it'd be quite the shocker for kids who got into Star Wars through the Clone Wars show and they praise Anakin (Or the Clone troopers as well) as the best hero and then as soon they get into the films... *BAM* Anakin singlehandedly leads the charge (After helping Palpatine kill Mace Windu no less) that leads to pretty much the implied deaths (Or even actual shown deaths) of pretty much all the Jedi in the series except of course for Obi-Wan and Yoda. Not to mention putting Ahsoka in makes things a little complicated. I wonder if they'll have her do some sort of Heroic Sacrifice, because I imagine if she survives the series then she has to die somehow in Order 66. Or her being hunted down by Anakin as Darth Vader (Which would be rather... interesting.... to say the least)
I could maybe see a confrontation between Anakin and Ahsoka where he kills her. Maybe she stays at the temple during order 66. But I highly doubt she'll live. I also wonder what will happen to Ventress (sorry if I spelled that wrong).

I think canon as of the 2004 Clone Wars miniseries was that Anakin kills Ventress. And going on a screenshot from Lightsaber Duels, I was thinking that Ahsoka might get killed by Grievous.

Bec Noir said:
I think canon as of the 2004 Clone Wars miniseries was that Anakin kills Ventress. And going on a screenshot from Lightsaber Duels, I was thinking that Ahsoka might get killed by Grievous.
Interesting. I wouldn't have thought Grievous would be the one to do it.

Bec Noir said:
That version was better but it left canon problems as to how Grievous gets his mad coughing.

Yoshidude99 said:
Bec Noir said:
That version was better but it left canon problems as to how Grievous gets his mad coughing.

No, it does explain it, as does Labyrinth Of Evil - Windu Forcepushes him at point-blank from a maglev train, affecting his vital organs and cough (it was something that occured beforehand but was worsened by Windu), but apparently there is some canon problem between Clone Wars and LoE.

Bec Noir said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Bec Noir said:

No, it does explain it, as does Labyrinth Of Evil - Windu Forcepushes him at point-blank from a maglev train, affecting his vital organs and cough (it was something that occured beforehand but was worsened by Windu), but apparently there is some canon problem between Clone Wars and LoE.
and he has the cough at the start of the 2008 series.

Apparently he always had it after being made a cyborg (his organic tissues didn't react so well); but Windu's attack made it much worse.

Grievous is the best Star Wars villian IMO. He can easily beat Ventress and she has the force as well as a bunch of Jedi on Hypori.

Bump

Season 5 Started

So the first episode has really got my hopes up for this season. Hondo and the pirates and Maul and Savage. Hondo has always been one of my favourite clone wars villians and this brings out the best in him. I think Maul and Savage where beaten a bit too easily but that's allright because from the trailer we know that he will appear again and have a fight with Sidious. Also you can tell it's really getting near Revenge of the Sith from how dark the storyline is and how it has a really good shot at the end of the episode of Palpatine sitting down in a chair and doing a really evil grin. Palpatine's new voice actor sounds a bit werid but I'll get used to it soon.

At least Savage got what he deserved for murdering so many Jedi - including his last victim, Adi Gallia - by losing one of his arms to Kenobi.

I agree I don't really like Savage. I liked Adi and it was sad to see her die. I thought she was good in Season 2.. Unfortunatly Savage will be back though.

Sauron said:
Savage lost an arm and Maul lost a leg. Aren't these guys supposed to be powerful siths?

Well Dooku loses his arms and head and Vader loses his legs and an arm (Three times if you count the entire Star Wars movie saga) and they're supposed to be even more powerful siths
awesomonster.gif

Back