Star Wars in General (Movies, Shows, Books, Games, etc.)

Favorite Star Wars Movie(/s)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All of Them. Can't Pick a Favorite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Only Original Trilogy

• Only Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Only Sequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I....don't know how to react. Seriously o_O

Anybody about to cry foul on this, please shut up. Disney acquiring LucasFilm does NOT mean it's going to kiddie-fy the franchises they hold, just look at Marvel.

Although, I have to say, Disney is just buying up all these different companies, it's scary to think they're all going to be under one roof. I get the feeling any new Star Wars TV shows will now air on Disney XD from now on, so so-long any more Star Wars shows from Cartoon Network.

As to the actual new movies, I have high hopes but low expectations. I want to think that Disney, while NOT a COMPLETE control freak, will at least have the courtesy of slapping George Lucas across the head whenever he tries to enforce his *bleep*ty writing and directing onto these movies. Also, I feel right in assuming these will take place after Return of the Jedi? Well, in that case, being an actual sequel, it won't be TOO bad if that does happen. Like, it won't be a prequel/backstory that would ruin a later set of events for everybody, and the only thing that COULD be ruined were if he decides to ret-con some things in the previous movies. But that's only if you're THAT obsessed with how the movies are presented. My hope would be to see actually competent writers and directors, who know the Star Wars franchise inside and out, and who are also good with movie-making to know how to make a movie LOOK appealing, WITHOUT resorting to throwing a bunch of CG crap on the screen and expecting us to be impressed.

...Like I said, high hopes, low expectations.

Smashgoom202 said:
Anybody about to cry fowl on this, please shut up. Disney acquiring LucasFilm does NOT mean it's going to kiddie-fy the franchises they hold, just look at Marvel.

Not everyone crying foul (fowl? lolwat) is saying that because of Disney acquiring it.

Baby Luigi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Anybody about to cry fowl on this, please shut up. Disney acquiring LucasFilm does NOT mean it's going to kiddie-fy the franchises they hold, just look at Marvel.

Not everyone crying foul (fowl? lolwat) is saying that because of Disney acquiring it.
I didn't know how to spell it.

But still, I've seen you're a-typical reaction about this kinds of news... Michael Myers over there doesn't seem to happy. I don't see how that kind of action should invoke rage. A company buys another company, what's the problem?

Well, I supposed the problem is that it's Disney and people have a lot of negative images when they think of Disney. Besides, Star Wars fans, if anything, are in a constant state of rage.

My problem is that I believe that the series should be left alone. It doesn't need sequels. I will admit I was exaggerating with my reaction. I'll wait for more news. If Mark Hamil, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, etc. are coming back, then I'll be interested.

The only reason I'm not too highly anticipated is that the recent works of George Lucas is crap, not because Disney acquired it. It's just the low expectations from the prequel trilogy that makes me think it's going to be even worse.

I'd rather have them NOT come back. They're pretty old at this point. It'd be like Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, a bit too awkward... Besides, the Star Wars franchise doesn't HAVE to center around them. I'm not familiar with the Expanded Universe, but there are tons of different stories that happen after the original trilogy that they can adapt, right?

A "reliable source" just said it'll be an original story. That makes me feel slightly better, but I'm still skeptical about it.

I'm really happy. I'm going straight to the cinemas when Episode 7 is released. It's so awesome we have the Old Republic stories going on, the Clone Wars and now a whole new film! Still I don't see how they're going to make something new out of the film since there is already The Truce at Bakura which is the day after Return of the Jedi and then the Thrawn Trilogy and onward. I hope that the New Jedi Order books are made into films if they do decide to adapt the books though.

Yeah, a problem I see with it is that it could shift/ruin a lot of the Expanded Universe continuity. I'm gonna be sceptical about this new trilogy.

Eh, I heard about what Disney have done.

Their first film shall better be good.

Yoshidude99 said:
I hope its not animated. Clone Wars fits being animated but not a whole new episode.
It won't be.

It would be awsome if they bring the emporer back.I know it's unlikely but it would still be cool.

Ghost Nappa said:

If that happens... they're going to have to have it that somehow someone learned how to use Sith powers and goes masquerading as Darth Vader. It's impossible for it to be Anakin, otherwise it's just pure bullshit o_O

Even as someone who liked the prequels somewhat that would totally ruin things. Not to mention step on all those authors who made those expanded universe books.

I highly doubt Disney is going to pay attention to current Expanded Universe - that was something Lucas was really great about (except for Clone Wars, but even that didn't mess up EU too much).

Back