Why do people hate Luigi's Mansion?

Baby Luigi said:
I think there is. You can buy a PAL version online (I think GameCubes aren't region locked but I'm not 100% sure). But otherwise, you have to travel to the PAL countries in order to get a copy
Thx but I'd still would love to know why the added difficulty to the Hidden mansion wasn't included in the NTSC version.

The PAL version was released later than the NTSC version. I think they added changes once they realized that the Hidden Mansion was too similar to the original.

Baby Luigi said:
I think there is. You can buy a PAL version online (I think GameCubes aren't region locked but I'm not 100% sure). But otherwise, you have to travel to the PAL countries in order to get a copy
Or he could just use an emulat-*banned for endorsing piracy*

Emulators don't have the same experience anyway (with weird keyboard controls and basically no control over the L and R emulation) so I suggest actually buying it.

Baby Luigi said:
Emulators don't have the same experience anyway (with weird keyboard controls and basically no control over the L and R emulation) so I suggest actually buying it.
Would it be available in later versions released in America?

Baby Luigi said:
According to MarioWiki:

*The PAL Hidden Mansion is mirrored from left to right when compared to the Normal Mansion. The NTSC version keeps the layout the same.
*There are more normal ghosts around the mansion.
*Bosses are more difficult, having different attacks. (Chauncey's rocking horses, for example, are much bigger, and swerve left to right instead of going straight). A major change in the Boolossus battle is that the player rides around on the vacuum cleaner while trying to pop Boolossus, making movement more slippery.
*Rooms are much darker in the PAL version; this, however, is only as dark as in the NTSC version of both mansions, the normal PAL mansion being lighter.
*Most Boos have more HP in the PAL version, although some have less.
*Fewer hearts. Locations that have hearts in the Normal Mansion do not have them. Hearts that heal 50 HP exist in the Courtyard by vacuuming the Slim Banskshot-like statue.
*Speedy Spirits and Gold Mice always give up a Silver Diamond when caught, raising the maximum possible amount of money from 142,390,000G to 186,440,000G . Since the requirement to achieve a Rank A mansion in PAL regions is higher than the amount of money in the normal mansion, it is necessary to play through the hidden mansion to receive Rank A in those regions.
*45 rather than 40 Boos are required to fight the final boss.
*Boos are, in general, more agile and difficult to catch.
*Five, rather than three ghosts each, fight Luigi in The Artist's Studio.
Post-Damage Invincibility said:
Baby Luigi said:
Thx but I'd still would love to know why the added difficulty to the Hidden mansion wasn't included in the NTSC version.
Whoa, it's the master quest for the green guy of mario. Hopefully, that's in the second one, but I wonder how they can implement that in multiple mansions.

RandomGuy said:
Hopefully, that's in the second one, but I wonder how they can implement that in multiple mansions.

The changes are universal, so they'll apply anywhere

Baby Luigi said:
RandomGuy said:
Hopefully, that's in the second one, but I wonder how they can implement that in multiple mansions.

The changes are universal, so they'll apply anywhere
Maybe so

Baby Luigi said:

I don't think they will re-release it so no, it probably won't have the PAL difficulties

Baby Luigi said:
Baby Luigi said:

I don't think they will re-release it so no, it probably won't have the PAL difficulties
Aw

Well hopefully, Luigi's Mansion 2 might have something similar to that if that's what you're hoping. Maybe. But we don't know yet so we should keep our fingers crossed

I'm excited because King Boo finally goes back to something that actually scares you. I hope the visual effects and sounds will be like Resident Evil: Revelations. Even, though, that's more mature I sense potential to make it like a 3D marioverse horror movie.

RandomGuy said:
I'm excited because King Boo finally goes back to something that actually scares you. I hope the visual effects and sounds will be like Resident Evil: Revelations. Even, though, that's more mature I sense potential to make it like a 3D marioverse horror movie.

Yeah, I loved King Boo's laugh! Now he looks more like a marshmallow than an actual ghost. Really ticks me off too. I used to be SCARED of Luigi's Mansion as a child. That's probably not normal, but you have to admit King Boo looked a lot more menacing.

The hidden mansion wasn't that bad. I liked it just as much as the original. It was awesome riding on the Poltergust too.

The fact that most people hate it for being too short seems very paradoxical. How can you hate something for being to short?! If you hate it, you'd want it to get over sooner! How can you hate something you wish that there was more of? How can you hate that which leaves you wanting more?! HOW!?

Well, maybe because they couldn't get over the fact that Mario was kidnapped, not Peach and bowser wasn't the kidnapper. And cowardly Luigi had to rescure him.

I never see people hating on this game. I only see people saying they loved it. So i have no idea what you're going on about.

Some guy who makes sense in this topic (Monkey D. Luffy) said:
I never see people hating on this game. I only see people saying they loved it. So i have no idea what you're going on about.
^

The fact that most people hate it for being too short seems very paradoxical. How can you hate something for being to short?! If you hate it, you'd want it to get over sooner! How can you hate something you wish that there was more of? How can you hate that which leaves you wanting more?! HOW!?
Hating something for being too short generally means you wanted it to be longer...

It's more of an exaggeration, really. They liked the game, but they wished it was longer.

I love Luigi's Mansion, of course it's short and easy, but I'm tired of the "jumping" method to kill enemies. I don't think Luigi's Mansion sucks, but Typing of the Dead does suck.

Typing of the Dead is a sequel of The House of Dead but instead to kill the undead, you have to type instead of shooting the hell out of them.

La Marionette said:
It's more of an exaggeration, really. They liked the game, but they wished it was longer.

Yeah I agree, I love the game (beaten it around 6-8 times) but it was way to short.
Although those who complain about its length probably haven't beaten the Hidden Mansion which I'm still stuck at the final boss in. :P

The Hidden Mansion is just a faux way to add length to Luigi's Mansion. It's like, "beat it again, only harder!"

Back