Will we see a teaser/trailer for SSB4 at this year's E3? Answer: Nope

SonicMario

Star Spirit
Just a hypothetical question. With Smash Bros. 4 being under development ever since Kid Icarus 3DS went gold, do you guys think there's a good chance we will see something how in E3 2006 we got a trailer for Brawl? (In particular the epic one that showed that Meta Knight, Pit, Wario, and most surprising at the time: Solid Snake were going to be in the game). 6 years later might be a good time to make one.

What I think is that there will for sure be enough time to create a good trailer from the time that Kid Icarus went gold (February I believe) and when E3 normally starts (Early June, in which I'd be actually disappointed if we don't get SOMETHING good being made within that time. February through June is 3-4 months). We won't get any gameplay footage it's just way too early to get that. But I think there's enough time for Nintendo's video makers to provide a video based on what the SSB team want to show off. I'm pretty sure that if there's a trailer we'll get at least one or 2 Character announcements that will attempt to excite everybody. Another possibility is we get an official title as well.

I'm not 100% sure there WILL be one, but I'd think it'd be great timing to show something big and could very well be very important because Nintendo announced the Wii U last E3, so now they'll use this E3 to both provide a final design and plan. And some big information on big 1st Party titles. And you just know Smash Bros. 4 is one of them.

Even if we don't get a trailer, I don't think Nintendo would announce nothing. If they didn't have the time to provide a trailer after all, that doesn't mean they can have somebody go on the stage to tell everyone what the plans are for SSB4 in terms of concepts and perhaps even a bit of tease on what characters will be inserted into the game. (It would be so trollish of Nintendo to say "Yes everyone, Mario is playable")

This thread is just a question you ask yourself. Do you think there will be a trailer? If so, What do you think will entail within the video? Have any wild guesses on what the one character is that will excite everyone if you believe there will be one? If you don't think there will be one, do you think Nintendo will have something else planned up to make up for it?

I've just been in a Smash Bros. mood recently. Brawl hasn't been working so I've been playing Melee (For the first time in 4 years actually) and I thought I'd make something to hopefully spark a discussion whether or not we'll get something concrete as an answer months from now.

Re: Will we see a teaser/trailer for Super Smash Bros. 4 at this year's E3?

Yes there will be a trailer. That will get fans interested in the game and hype for it. I don't know what it will exactly be about, though

i'm not getting a wii u or a 3ds any time soon but i wish they'd do the thing on smash bros dojo again where they announce something new every weekday

that brings back memories from 2007...

Yes, they could say something about the dojo website.

Guys, they literally announced that they started development about a month ago. I doubt there's even going to be a teaser considering that Sakurai's barely planned it out.

It might happen. It is a little early, maybe at TGS?

I dont think we will, Sakurai is still probably deciding what characters there are.

Usually, the first characters revealed are Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu with some new added characters.

If they hurry (but don't rush) we might.

I'll let them take their time. Haste makes waste. Maybe next year we might get a teaser trailer or something.

Baby Luigi said:
I'll let them take their time. Haste makes waste. Maybe next year we might get a teaser trailer or something.
THAT so sounds familiar.
But, something tells me we're going to see Megaman in a little short trailer.

Are you guys sure they couldn't make at least a 1 minute video in 3-4 months? I already said I think there's a good chance. Even if we get no visual stuff I think we're bound to get something. The Wii U NEEDS news on the next Smash Bros to help it sell. As at least for Home Consoles, the next Smash Bros. is one of those big hits everybody is waiting for.

At the very least, I expect an official title.

I was thinking about the first Brawl video. It was pretty long, had a lot of cutscenes, plus early gameplay sequences. We might get some new information soon but I wouldn't be surprised if they released an official trailer a year later.

New Super Mario said:
I bet it will be more "intro" like instead of gameplay.
or mabye part of a cutscene from a story mode if it has one

Yoshidude99 said:
New Super Mario said:
I bet it will be more "intro" like instead of gameplay.
or mabye part of a cutscene from a story mode if it has one

Way too early in devlopment to be a cutscene from the Story Mode. If we do get one, it will be a short video showing of course Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu once again and maybe some new characters like the Brawl trailer.

Northern Verve said:
Are you guys sure they couldn't make at least a 1 minute video in 3-4 months? I already said I think there's a good chance. Even if we get no visual stuff I think we're bound to get something. The Wii U NEEDS news on the next Smash Bros to help it sell. As at least for Home Consoles, the next Smash Bros. is one of those big hits everybody is waiting for.

At the very least, I expect an official title.
I don't think that it'd be good advertising to promote a game that will likely be released in three or even four years. Also, if Pikmin 3 hasn't been showed yet, despite the fact that it's been in development for a LONG time and moved to the Wii U, I strongly doubt SSB4 won't follow that cycle. In fact, I think the only thing we'll get on Smash Bros is from Sakurai during one one of the private media conferences.

Pretty sure we'll get a trailer for SSB4. Maybe they'll announce the name or something.

They only started development like a couple of months ago. Of course there won't be a video of it at the E3. They probably mostly have just concepts and some very basic stuffs by now. Not enough for a trailer.

Mijzelffan said:
They only started development like a couple of months ago. Of course there won't be a video of it at the E3. They probably mostly have just concepts and some very basic stuffs by now. Not enough for a trailer.
well hopefully they'll announce what they have so far

At most, I'm expecting some info and a tentative logo.

They'd better show a video or I'm going to be very mad. I want the title and at least two new characters.

Back