Those characters have not appeared since Mario Super Sluggers.

Re: Those characters are not appeared since Mario Super Sluggers.

La Marionette said:
I'm worried about this roster. The previous rosters in the recent games are crappy. Will this one follow the trend of the exodus of many characters?

This. Recent Mario Roster is not reached even 20 mario characters.

Mario and Sonic's roster is the biggest, but it's shameful that they haven't expanded from the last game. :mad:

La Marionette said:
Mario and Sonic's roster is the biggest, but it's shameful that they haven't expanded from the last game. :mad:

It's even more shameful in the Mario & Sonic London Games 3DS version

I know that the list states that Magikoopas haven't been playable since Mario Super Sluggers, but the NTSC-U version of Mario Party 9 refers to Kamek as Magikoopa.

La Marionette said:
I'm worried about this roster. The previous rosters in the recent games are crappy. Will this one follow the trend of the exodus of many characters?

I'm afraid that it already has with the exclusion of Toad, Koopa, Baby Luigi, etc. :(

Sigh, Camelot and their need for caring about their own creations as opposed to more Mario characters. :-\

Propeller Toad said:
La Marionette said:

I'm afraid that it already has with the exclusion of Toad, Koopa, Baby Luigi, etc. :(

Sigh, Camelot and their need for caring about their own creations as opposed to more Mario characters. :-\
My favorite characters aren't in a game therefore the roster is crappy :'( seriously the reason most games don't have a bajilion characters is because of the sports they represent Golf, Tennis, Kart Racing, and Party all have small rosters because they don't have as many chances to unlock people nor do they have a story mode (except golf and tennis on occasion) Baseball has a huge roster because it's baseball each team has 9 members and there are what 7 teams same with Football.

Danny The Street said:
Propeller Toad said:
La Marionette said:

My favorite characters aren't in a game therefore the roster is crappy :'( seriously the reason most games don't have a bajilion characters is because of the sports they represent Golf, Tennis, Kart Racing, and Party all have small rosters because they don't have as many chances to unlock people nor do they have a story mode (except golf and tennis on occasion) Baseball has a huge roster because it's baseball each team has 9 members and there are what 7 teams same with Football.

I do understand what you mean and what you have said makes perfect sense; however, the reason I am slightly upset by the recent rosters is because of their lack of a few certain characters who are generally seen as key or major characters.

With the inclusion of the various, random newcomers in MTO, I am a bit upset to see that some of they "key" characters who have played major roles in the Mario series history and have been playable in many spin-offs earlier are not included in a roster that already includes many of the all-stars of the Mario series. Many of these key characters who are often excluded are the cause for some of the complaint for the various new Mario spin-offs as some people are attached to one character in specific (especially if that character has appeared many times in the past).

It is rather upsetting to see when one's favourite character is included in every spin-off while another's favourite who also serves as a major character is instead excluded (especially if that character has been playable in that specific sports series in its earlier titles).

Propeller Toad said:
Danny The Street said:
Propeller Toad said:
La Marionette said:

I do understand what you mean and what you have said makes perfect sense; however, the reason I am slightly upset by the recent rosters is because of their lack of a few certain characters who are generally seen as key or major characters.

With the inclusion of the various, random newcomers in MTO, I am a bit upset to see that some of they "key" characters who have played major roles in the Mario series history and have been playable in many spin-offs earlier are not included in a roster that already includes many of the all-stars of the Mario series. Many of these key characters who are often excluded are the cause for some of the complaint for the various new Mario spin-offs as some people are attached to one character in specific (especially if that character has appeared many times in the past).

It is rather upsetting to see when one's favourite character is included in every spin-off while another's favourite who also serves as a major character is instead excluded (especially if that character has been playable in that specific sports series in its earlier titles).
The lack of Toad can be explained through the fact that Toad's only been playable in like 2 of them and Camelot uses him as a ref. The random newcomers can be explained by factoring in the popularity of Super Mario Galaxy where Honey Queen is one of the few important characters, and the fact that Metal Mario is an iconic form (and the only one that makes sense as a separate character) Baby Peach get's in over Baby Mario for one of two reasons
1. Camelot simply likes Baby Peach
2. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are almost identical
No Idea why Dry Bowser is in it probably has to do with popularity
The lack of certain big name characters come from the fact that Handheld spin offs have smaller rosters and because Nintendo (or in this case Camelot) are just experimenting with different characters. The lack of Kongs is because there has only been 1 Donkey Kong Game since SS and the fact that Kongs are only in SS to give Donkey Kong a team that makes sense. Also Luma is in because of Galaxies popularity.

You do have a point there. Though I guess it is difficult to overcome the fact when a major character is excluded for such small reasons.

Still, I am happy that at least Baby Mario made the cut (I believe he was just confirmed shortly on the Japanese website). Though the fact that some of the others (including the veterans) who did not make the cut over certain other minor characters still isn't that easy to overcome and this alone causes some disinterest for the game for myself. :(

Propeller Toad said:
You do have a point there. Though I guess it is difficult to overcome the fact when a major character is excluded for such small reasons.

Still, I am happy that at least Baby Mario made the cut (I believe he was just confirmed shortly on the Japanese website). Though the fact that some of the others (including the veterans) who did not make the cut still isn't that easy to overcome and this alone causes some disinterest for the game for myself. :(
Tennis is a minor spin off that isn't that popular they are using it to test new playable characters (at least in my opinion) unfortunately some major ones don't make the cut but that's off set by the fact that they appear in other spin offs

Danny The Street said:
Propeller Toad said:

Still, I am happy that at least Baby Mario made the cut (I believe he was just confirmed shortly on the Japanese website). Though the fact that some of the others (including the veterans) who did not make the cut still isn't that easy to overcome and this alone causes some disinterest for the game for myself. :(
Tennis is a minor spin off that isn't that popular they are using it to test new playable characters (at least in my opinion) unfortunately some major ones don't make the cut but that's off set by the fact that they appear in other spin offs

Quite true with that point about experimentation (it is Camelot we are talking about of course).

I guess I was just upset by the fact that I used to be a fan of the Mario Tennis series (especially after playing MT64). :) You do make a good point though that this game seems to be an attempt to incorporate some new players to a spin-off.

It's pretty late to point that out, and I'm sure that manasword's first language isn't English.

manasword said:
I hope playable returning Dry Bones, Petey Piranha in MTO.
I'm not a fan of piranha of Petty's tennis game. His big head, it can be impossible to play the net game.

Petey Piranha is easily pegged,but sometimes, the ball flies through his head, so I don't think his big head is responsible.

Still, Petey's lousy near the net, so he's rather easy to smack in the face.

Petey Piranha's laggy animation after he hits the ball doesn't really help.

Clam down now, MTO's roster way better than Mario Kart 7's (Waluigi, Bowser Jr. And Diddy) although may think Luma and Baby Peach should have not appeared (agree with Baby Peacb). I mean Toad and Toadette should have been in it and possibly Birdo. The MPT roster is not much better than the MTO roster and people said that was a good roster. (Paratroopa and Fly Guy where really bad picks and that Dry Bowser and Peaty have the same roster points in my opinion.)

EDIT:Manasword seemed to had deleted his post while I was posting this, he said that MTO was a Sucky Roster, which I was responding to.

manasword said:
I can't believe Birdo, Petey aren't in it.
But, these characters have appears on QR?

How can you not believe it when Baby Peach was admitted over Baby Luigi? Seriously

Birdo and Petey are there, skinned for the Miis, currently. They are not confirmed for the QR yet

Personally, Petey Piranha has been slightly neglected, but some others are too soon to whine about.

Blooper has appeared in MP9, so I don't see why he's on the list. Those Kongs and Kritters have nevered appeared in the Mario series before besides Dixie in the first Baseball series.

I agree with shoey; 4 years is not the time to get mad at Nintendo for neglected characters. Wait about 8 years or so, because that is when characters are not used on purpose.

Also, remember they have to cycle around other characters such as the Koolings so they aren't neglected as well. There are many opportunities for them to put some of those characters into the next few years.

BMB said:
Those Kongs and Kritters have nevered appeared in the Mario series before besides Dixie in the first Baseball series.

Kritters: Strikers, Super Sluggers. Don't know what you mean by "first Baseball series", I think you meant "first game in the baseball series", but the Kritters appeared playable in the second game of the baseball series.

Baby Luigi said:
BMB said:
Those Kongs and Kritters have nevered appeared in the Mario series before besides Dixie in the first Baseball series.

Kritters: Strikers, Super Sluggers. Don't know what you mean by "first Baseball series", I think you meant "first game in the baseball series", but the Kritters appeared playable in the second game of the baseball series.

I meant fully playable. And I meant game, not series. And the first game was talking about Dixie only.

Back