Donkey Kong 3D?

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/rumor-donkey-kong-3d-is-coming-to-the-3ds

It sounds interesting.

Yeah, I love looking at ads asking me to sign up for Netflix.

Mario4Ever said:
Yeah, I love looking at ads asking me to sign up for Netflix.

Better link.

Considering how EBGames also has preview boxes for the 3DS SSB saying it'll come out in 2012 (even though the game started developement like two weeks ago), you might want to take that new with a grain of salt.

Hmm. I'm not going to get excited until I see or hear something at E3.

Anyone know if Retro Studios is making it?

Assuming this is real, and that Retro Studios is indeed the developer, I'm keeping my expectations low this time around, considering what a disappointment Donkey Kong Country Returns turned out to be.

Solar Blaze said:
Assuming this is real, and that Retro Studios is indeed the developer, I'm keeping my expectations low this time around, considering what a disappointment Donkey Kong Country Returns turned out to be.
I thought DKCR was great, even if it was missing a few things.

New Super Mario said:
Seems cool. I hope they return good characters like Lanky. But remove bad ones like Candy
And I'd like Both Tikis and Kremlings in it
I never heard that removing characters is at fingertips, so make the best use of what you have instead of making new ones.
I guess the staff wanted to simplify Return, so create simple rivals (Tikis) and didn't let kremlings and other kongs return as well. If the others are back, I'm not sure about Tikis' future (but weren't they totally eliminated in Return?)

It's not clear what the game would be, if it's not "2D", it won't be "DK Country 3DS", but something like DK 64?
Would other playable heros and kremlings return, or only DK and Diddy be there again just like Return?

Dorayaki said:
I never heard that removing characters is at fingertips, so make the best use of what you have instead of making new ones.
Unless they're absolutely horrible, like Candy.

Yoshidude99 said:
Svetlana said:
The DKC games are in my opinion boring because of the style.
Its like Mario

It's his opinion. He might like Mario but not Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong in terms of delevoping companies:

Rareware: These guys knew how to do it.
Nintendo and Nintendo alone: They basically pissed on all the Rareware characters.
Paon: Had all the characters, but didn't get the personalities quite right.
Retro Studios: Seems to be going back to the old times (except for the Tikis, entirely new), but we'll have to wait and see.

Solar Blaze said:
Allow me to respectfully disagree. I really like DKCR.

I agree with PDI and disagree (respectfully) with Solar Blaze. While the lack of water levels was a bit of a disappointment, it's the best Donkey Kong since the Rare days. I prefer to focus on the positive. Of course, there are some games which just suck, and I guess you perceive DKCR to be one of these games.

I just hope we get to see poor old Expresso or Winky instead of that bone-brained rhinoceros that appears in every game.

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/donkey-kong-3d-is-not-coming-to-the-3ds-or-at-least-not-based-on-that-rumor

Back