The Next SSB Game Characters

Pretty sure Midna wasn't put into Brawl for multiple reasons, such as TLoZ having more characters than the others if added and probably due to character limits/time constraints. Brawl definitely pushed the Wii to its limits, no doubt.

But hey, ROB was an unexpected character, but he was still in Brawl. Prince Fluff would also be a nice way to represent KEY in the next SSB if a KEY stage is not included.

Gamefreak75 said:
Pretty sure Midna wasn't put into Brawl for multiple reasons, such as TLoZ having more characters than the others if added and probably due to character limits/time constraints. Brawl definitely pushed the Wii to its limits, no doubt.

But hey, ROB was an unexpected character, but he was still in Brawl. Prince Fluff would also be a nice way to represent KEY in the next SSB if a KEY stage is not included.

I just think that if any recent Kirby game is going to get more representation it would be Return to Dreamland unless another console Kirby Game comes out before the next Smash Bros does. A stage might be a good idea though for Epic Yarn. I just don't think it's major enough to justify a character getting in. I'd say Prince Fluff has the same amount of chance that Magolor does. Though I think the Kirby series is just fine with Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight representing.

Also ROB at least has that history of possibly being a big savior for Nintendo during the big Video Game Crash in the 80's. And Sakurai loves retro stuff anyhow.

@Northern Verve: The character who's below the Ice Climbers is Takamaru. He's the main protagonist of the Japan-only title, "Nazo no Murasame Jo". He also appears in Samurai Warriors 3, when you're playing the Murasame Castle Mode.

Yoshidude99 said:
I hope a Goomba is playable belive it or not
They don't have any attacks though. They just walk around and get stomped on, so I don't see that. MAYBE a koopa, but I rather see something else.

Northern Verve said:
Also ROB at least has that history of possibly being a big savior for Nintendo during the big Video Game Crash in the 80's. And Sakurai loves retro stuff anyhow.
Don't forget Sakurai is the creator of the Kirby series as well, so yeah, there's a chance. Personally, I'd like a stage from KEY and possibly a stage from Egg Engines or the final battle in KRtDL. As long as its not something, well, plain. I mean, Mario got 4 stages in Brawl.

Also, DK needs better stages, they sucked.

Gamefreak75 said:
Don't forget Sakurai is the creator of the Kirby series as well, so yeah, there's a chance. Personally, I'd like a stage from KEY and possibly a stage from Egg Engines or the final battle in KRtDL. As long as its not something, well, plain. I mean, Mario got 4 stages in Brawl.

Although Sakurai did create both Smash Bros. and Kirby. He likes to be modest about the Kirby series. Which is why we never got Meta Knight or Dedede until Brawl started development. And I think Dedede got in because it was immensely requested in a poll Nintendo released in Japan (I think Dedede was in first place too)

Gamefreak75 said:
Northern Verve said:

Also, DK needs better stages, they sucked.
I know DK stages sucked. I hate the one where it moves up in Brawl.

Also I think Hot Wing (That his name?) should be an assist trophy.

New Super Mario said:
Yoshidude99 said:
I hope a Goomba is playable belive it or not
They don't have any attacks though. They just walk around and get stomped on, so I don't see that. MAYBE a koopa, but I rather see something else.
They could do lots of things. I would like to see them in. Even if they play the same role as Waddle Dees in Brawl.

This is a good opportunity to revise my old top 10 list of characters I want to see in Super Smash Bros. My new list is as follows:

1.) Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
2.) Ridley (Metroid)
3.) Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
4.) Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
5.) Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
6.) Krystal (Star Fox)
7.) Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame-Jo)
8.) Meowth (Pokémon)
9.) Isaac (Golden Sun)
10.) Mega Man

Honorable mentions:

-Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
-Waluigi
-Geno
-Bandanna Waddle Dee
-Female Pokémon Trainer (Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken)
-Jeff Andonuts
-Magnus (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
-The main character of the new game Shigeru Miyamoto's working on
-Captain Rainbow
-Mike Jones (StarTropics)
-Muddy (Mole Mania)

Also, NO MORE SONIC CHARACTERS, PLEASE!

Smashgoom202 said:
8.) Meowth (Pokémon)

Did I mention this before? If I didn't, I'll say now that I definitely support this one too. Meowth'd make a pretty good addition. Hell, I'd gladly give up Lucario if Meowth got in, even though Luca was my main in Brawl.

Lucca, someone say Lucca? Oh wait, that was just a nickname for Lucario. Excitement gone.

Smashgoom202 said:
Also, NO MORE SONIC CHARACTERS, PLEASE!
Would not oppose this at all.

It's sort of like when people say "Shadow", when they're actually referring to the character from the F-Zero series; Black Shadow.

Professor Mario said:
All eight Koopalings? I don't know whether to support your dreams since I love them or crush them because that is WAY to many characters. I'd rather they'd just be an assist trophy and cause havoc across the stage.

His whole dream is ridiculous, to be honest... Rosalina, Daisy and Waluigi have ZERO chances of getting in as playable characters... Let alone all eight Koopalings...

Despite the fact that was about three months ago, I still agree. I'm sorry, but his/she (Just in case because I don't want to just assume you're a guy) list of characters is completely ridiculous.

supermariofan said:
A couple days ago I bought Epic Mickey at Target and after 15 minutes of playing I can see why people want to see him in this game

People want him, but he shouldn't be playable in this game

supermariofan said:
A couple days ago I bought Epic Mickey at Target and after 15 minutes of playing I can see why people want to see him in this game
I bought Epic mickey at launch and will buy Power of Two and Power of Illusion. It was definitely a great game and Mickey is a great character, but like Baby Luigi said: We don't want him to be excluded in because we don't like him; it is because as an originated cartoon character, he shouldn't be in.

Count Mario said:
supermariofan said:
I bought Epic mickey at launch and will buy Power of Two and Power of Illusion. It was definitely a great game and Mickey is a great character, but like Baby Luigi said: We don't want him to be excluded in because we don't like him; it is because as an originated cartoon character, he shouldn't be in.
Well he looks a little different and more badass in Epic Mickey so that is kinda sorta a video game character

supermariofan said:
Count Mario said:
supermariofan said:
Well he looks a little different and more badass in Epic Mickey so that is kinda sorta a video game character
How many times do we have to say this? No. Mickey is Mickey. He is a cartoon character and will continue to be. Being in video games is more or less a spin-off of the franchise from its original genre. Yes, that Mickey is different, but that is only because he is based on the retro version which is also used for cartoons and even makes your statement more invalid.

Look, I love Mickey. Hell, I love Disney in general. But really, no matter how much we do, you have to face facts and accept that he does not have a good chance of getting picked. I'm not saying you can't want him, but you really should tone down your expectations of him ever appearing, or even completely.

Back