The Next SSB Game Characters

Count Mario said:
supermariofan said:
Count Mario said:
supermariofan said:
A couple days ago I bought Epic Mickey at Target and after 15 minutes of playing I can see why people want to see him in this game
I bought Epic mickey at launch and will buy Power of Two and Power of Illusion. It was definitely a great game and Mickey is a great character, but like Baby Luigi said: We don't want him to be excluded in because we don't like him; it is because as an originated cartoon character, he shouldn't be in.
Well he looks a little different and more badass in Epic Mickey so that is kinda sorta a video game character
How many times do we have to say this? No. Mickey is Mickey. He is a cartoon character and will continue to be. Being in video games is more or less a spin-off of the franchise from its original genre. Yes, that Mickey is different, but that is only because he is based on the retro version which is also used for cartoons and even makes your statement more invalid.

Look, I love Mickey. Hell, I love Disney in general. But really, no matter how much we do, you have to face facts and accept that he does not have a good chance of getting picked. I'm not saying you can't want him, but you really should tone down your expectations of him ever appearing, or even completely.
You might want to tell that to a lot of other people who want to see him in

I'm pretty sure the amount of people wanting Mickey aren't nearly as big as Mega Man's supporters.

supermariofan said:
Count Mario said:
supermariofan said:
Count Mario said:
supermariofan said:
A couple days ago I bought Epic Mickey at Target and after 15 minutes of playing I can see why people want to see him in this game
I bought Epic mickey at launch and will buy Power of Two and Power of Illusion. It was definitely a great game and Mickey is a great character, but like Baby Luigi said: We don't want him to be excluded in because we don't like him; it is because as an originated cartoon character, he shouldn't be in.
Well he looks a little different and more badass in Epic Mickey so that is kinda sorta a video game character
How many times do we have to say this? No. Mickey is Mickey. He is a cartoon character and will continue to be. Being in video games is more or less a spin-off of the franchise from its original genre. Yes, that Mickey is different, but that is only because he is based on the retro version which is also used for cartoons and even makes your statement more invalid.

Look, I love Mickey. Hell, I love Disney in general. But really, no matter how much we do, you have to face facts and accept that he does not have a good chance of getting picked. I'm not saying you can't want him, but you really should tone down your expectations of him ever appearing, or even completely.
You might want to tell that to a lot of other people who want to see him in

This also includes you, and you still haven't changed your opinion

supermariofan said:
Minuette said:
What if a lot of people wanted Spongebob? Does that mean Sakurai has to put him in?
He doesn't even have any games that are you know best-selling

He wasn't suggesting Spongebob could get in. He was giving an example that obviously won't happen.

Honestly you're like a Broken record. We've told you why Mickey doesn't have a chance, we've told you why best-selling games does not equal a better chance to make it in the next game, we've told you why some other characters you've suggested can't get in either, and we've told you that even if there is people that want a character in there's not enough out there that actually think that character will get in. But eventually you start talking about it again and making us repeat as well.

You've made some good suggestions. But Mickey just ain't going to happen.

I did input a roster without any 3rd parties, just in case of the scenario that we won't see any at all...

Roster.png

See, supermariofan? There are plenty more characters Nintendo can put in this game without having to tap into 3rd party characters.

There's no need for any 3rd party characters, though a few would be kinda nice.

I think that Sonic and Mega Man would be enough third party.

No Mickey, no Viktor, no other non-Nintendo characters.

I wouldn't have one because there's no chance of that ever happening. he's not a video game character. Epic Mickey doesn't change that. he's a cartoon character and will never be in SSB. simple as that.

Pumpkin Party in Sea Hitler's Water Apocalypse said:
How about Masked Man from Mother 3?

Only if it's Claus/Masked Man, which is a transformation like Zelda/Sheik.

Back