The official "Did you know?" thread

SiFi

Just a flight attendant guy.
MarioWiki
SiFi
Share facts about Mario, and see how many others know them.

I'll start:

1. The enemies in SML and SML2 (Excluding Wario and possibly several bosses) are merely brainwashed?

2: Did you know that Dreamland in SMB2 was copied off of the name of Dreamland in KDL? :evil:

WackyWario said:
2: Did you know that Dreamland in SMB2 was copied off of the name of Dreamland in KDL? :evil:

Was not.

1. It came years before KDL.

2. It wasn't even called Dreamland in SMB2.

Did you know....
3: Mario's last name is Mario? :eek: :eekdance:

Also, no debatable or conjectural info.

The Great Giana Sisters' last name isn't Giana, and the Mario Bros.' last name therefore isn't Mario. I think...
(no, I haven't played TGGS, but I've read about them at Wikipedia)

I've also read at WP in the Mario discussion that Mario's last name is Segalesi or sth laik that... (yeah, I know Mario was named after Mario Segali)

PaperStriker said:
The Great Giana Sisters' last name isn't Giana, and the Mario Bros.' last name therefore isn't Mario. I think...

I've also read at WP in the Mario discussion that Mario's last name is Segalesi or sth laik that... (yeah, I know Mario was named after Mario Segali)

Both are debatable. For one, Mario's name may well be Mario, and Giana and her sister don't have a say in the subject.

From the Baby Mario trophy info in SSBM:

Long ago, when the stork was carrying Baby Mario and Baby Luigi to the Mario household, the stork was ambushed, causing Baby Mario to tumble onto Yoshi's Island. This marked the beginning of the Yoshies' adventure to deliver Baby Mario to his parents. Since then, Baby Mario's been spotted on golf courses and tennis courts.

And I haven't heard of an official source stating it to be Segali.

SiFi said:
PaperStriker said:

Both are debatable. For one, Mario's name may well be Mario, and Giana and her sister don't have a say in the subject.

From the Baby Mario trophy info in SSBM:

Long ago, when the stork was carrying Baby Mario and Baby Luigi to the Mario household, the stork was ambushed, causing Baby Mario to tumble onto Yoshi's Island. This marked the beginning of the Yoshies' adventure to deliver Baby Mario to his parents. Since then, Baby Mario's been spotted on golf courses and tennis courts.

And I haven't heard of an official source stating it to be Segali.
I don't like Mario being called Mario Mario...
That sound FTLish...
I hope he'll be called Mario Toadstool sometime... Which sounds way better than Mario Mario.

did you know that some enemies and things in donkey kong jungle beat can be found in super mario galaxy?:eek:

Uniju said:
No, but it's rather obvious.
so are you implying that you couldn't point out the obvious?

Did you know that in the beta version of Super Smash Bros. Melee Kirby
was not seen in the character select screen?

PeteyPiranhaLover said:
Did you know that in the beta version of Super Smash Bros. Melee Kirby
was not seen in the character select screen?

I did.

videoguy93 said:
did you know that many enemies and things in donkey kong jungle beat can be found in super mario galaxy?:eek:
O RLY?
Which ones?

PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
did you know that some enemies and things in donkey kong jungle beat are in super mario galaxy?:eek:
O RLY?
Which ones?
Swoopin' Poinks, the flowers that you twirl up and a few other things i believe. But yeah there is an enemy in DK JB that are, look and act pretty much like the Swoopin Poinks, it's on the back of Jungle Beats cover. I imagine this is because the makers of the Mario games made this DK game so some ideas were carried over to SMG.

videoguy93 said:
PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
did you know that some enemies and things in donkey kong jungle beat are in super mario galaxy?:eek:
O RLY?
Which ones?
Swoopin' Poinks, the flowers that you twirl up and a few other things i believe. But yeah there is an enemy in DK JB that are, look and act pretty much like the Swoopin Poinks, it's on the back of Jungle Beats cover. I imagine this is because the makers of the Mario games made this DK game so some ideas were carried over to SMG.
I have no idea which enemy you mean with the flowers.
@SiFi: How do you know the SML(2)-enemies are brainwashed? There are also normal Goombas and Koopa Troopas.

PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
O RLY?
Which ones?
@SiFi: How do you know the SML(2)-enemies are brainwashed? There are also normal Goombas and Koopa Troopas.
It's in the manual.

PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
O RLY?
Which ones?
It's not an enemy it's a thing.

SiFi said:
PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
O RLY?
Which ones?
It's in the manual.
When it's in the manaul why does it go in the thread when everyone can read that...? <_<

Did you know that...

-The cheap knock-off Koopa Kids have ALMOST appeared in more games then the all mighty Koopalings?

-Kyle Broflovski has a cousin named Kyle Schwartz?

The K Kids have appeared in MP1-7. ===> 7 games.
The K-lings have appeared in only 6 games.
Jr. has appeared in at least 8 games. (SMS, NSMB, SMG, MPT, MGTT, MSB, MKDD, MSCF, anything else?)

Snowstalker said:
Bowser Jr. appeared in Mario Party DS, and he's going to appear in the new Baseball game. Ten.
But he HAS appeared in nine. =P

Did you know that in Soviet Russia, thread replies to YOU!!?
Did you know that two people in some DK game called "Benny" and "Björn" are named after two members of the music group ABBA, and that björn also is Swedish for 'bear'?

Back