The official "Did you know?" thread

SiFi

Just a flight attendant guy.
Share facts about Mario, and see how many others know them.

I'll start:

1. The enemies in SML and SML2 (Excluding Wario and possibly several bosses) are merely brainwashed?
 

WackyWario

WackyWario is coming your way!
2: Did you know that Dreamland in SMB2 was copied off of the name of Dreamland in KDL? :evil:
 

SiFi

Just a flight attendant guy.
WackyWario said:
2: Did you know that Dreamland in SMB2 was copied off of the name of Dreamland in KDL? :evil:
Was not.

1. It came years before KDL.

2. It wasn't even called Dreamland in SMB2.
 

WackyWario

WackyWario is coming your way!
Did you know....
3: Mario's last name is Mario? :eek: :eekdance:
 

SiFi

Just a flight attendant guy.
Also, no debatable or conjectural info.
 

PaperStriker

I propose for the location going here.
The Great Giana Sisters' last name isn't Giana, and the Mario Bros.' last name therefore isn't Mario. I think...
(no, I haven't played TGGS, but I've read about them at Wikipedia)

I've also read at WP in the Mario discussion that Mario's last name is Segalesi or sth laik that... (yeah, I know Mario was named after Mario Segali)
 

SiFi

Just a flight attendant guy.
PaperStriker said:
The Great Giana Sisters' last name isn't Giana, and the Mario Bros.' last name therefore isn't Mario. I think...
(no, I haven't played TGGS, but I've read about them at Wikipedia)

I've also read at WP in the Mario discussion that Mario's last name is Segalesi or sth laik that... (yeah, I know Mario was named after Mario Segali)
Both are debatable. For one, Mario's name may well be Mario, and Giana and her sister don't have a say in the subject.

From the Baby Mario trophy info in SSBM:

Long ago, when the stork was carrying Baby Mario and Baby Luigi to the Mario household, the stork was ambushed, causing Baby Mario to tumble onto Yoshi's Island. This marked the beginning of the Yoshies' adventure to deliver Baby Mario to his parents. Since then, Baby Mario's been spotted on golf courses and tennis courts.

And I haven't heard of an official source stating it to be Segali.
 

PaperStriker

I propose for the location going here.
SiFi said:
PaperStriker said:
The Great Giana Sisters' last name isn't Giana, and the Mario Bros.' last name therefore isn't Mario. I think...
(no, I haven't played TGGS, but I've read about them at Wikipedia)

I've also read at WP in the Mario discussion that Mario's last name is Segalesi or sth laik that... (yeah, I know Mario was named after Mario Segali)
Both are debatable. For one, Mario's name may well be Mario, and Giana and her sister don't have a say in the subject.

From the Baby Mario trophy info in SSBM:

Long ago, when the stork was carrying Baby Mario and Baby Luigi to the Mario household, the stork was ambushed, causing Baby Mario to tumble onto Yoshi's Island. This marked the beginning of the Yoshies' adventure to deliver Baby Mario to his parents. Since then, Baby Mario's been spotted on golf courses and tennis courts.

And I haven't heard of an official source stating it to be Segali.
I don't like Mario being called Mario Mario...
That sound FTLish...
I hope he'll be called Mario Toadstool sometime... Which sounds way better than Mario Mario.
 

videoguy93

Koopa Troopa
did you know that some enemies and things in donkey kong jungle beat can be found in super mario galaxy?:eek:
 

videoguy93

Koopa Troopa
Uniju said:
No, but it's rather obvious.
so are you implying that you couldn't point out the obvious?
 

PeteyPiranhaLover

Why does Petey Piranha got to have haters?
Did you know that in the beta version of Super Smash Bros. Melee Kirby
was not seen in the character select screen?
 

SiFi

Just a flight attendant guy.
PeteyPiranhaLover said:
Did you know that in the beta version of Super Smash Bros. Melee Kirby
was not seen in the character select screen?
I did.
 

PaperStriker

I propose for the location going here.
videoguy93 said:
did you know that many enemies and things in donkey kong jungle beat can be found in super mario galaxy?:eek:
O RLY?
Which ones?
 

videoguy93

Koopa Troopa
PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
did you know that some enemies and things in donkey kong jungle beat are in super mario galaxy?:eek:
O RLY?
Which ones?
Swoopin' Poinks, the flowers that you twirl up and a few other things i believe. But yeah there is an enemy in DK JB that are, look and act pretty much like the Swoopin Poinks, it's on the back of Jungle Beats cover. I imagine this is because the makers of the Mario games made this DK game so some ideas were carried over to SMG.
 

PaperStriker

I propose for the location going here.
videoguy93 said:
PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
did you know that some enemies and things in donkey kong jungle beat are in super mario galaxy?:eek:
O RLY?
Which ones?
Swoopin' Poinks, the flowers that you twirl up and a few other things i believe. But yeah there is an enemy in DK JB that are, look and act pretty much like the Swoopin Poinks, it's on the back of Jungle Beats cover. I imagine this is because the makers of the Mario games made this DK game so some ideas were carried over to SMG.
I have no idea which enemy you mean with the flowers.
@SiFi: How do you know the SML(2)-enemies are brainwashed? There are also normal Goombas and Koopa Troopas.
 

SiFi

Just a flight attendant guy.
PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
did you know that some enemies and things in donkey kong jungle beat are in super mario galaxy?:eek:
O RLY?
Which ones?
Swoopin' Poinks, the flowers that you twirl up and a few other things i believe. But yeah there is an enemy in DK JB that are, look and act pretty much like the Swoopin Poinks, it's on the back of Jungle Beats cover. I imagine this is because the makers of the Mario games made this DK game so some ideas were carried over to SMG.
I have no idea which enemy you mean with the flowers.
@SiFi: How do you know the SML(2)-enemies are brainwashed? There are also normal Goombas and Koopa Troopas.
It's in the manual.
 

videoguy93

Koopa Troopa
PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
did you know that some enemies and things in donkey kong jungle beat are in super mario galaxy?:eek:
O RLY?
Which ones?
Swoopin' Poinks, the flowers that you twirl up and a few other things i believe. But yeah there is an enemy in DK JB that are, look and act pretty much like the Swoopin Poinks, it's on the back of Jungle Beats cover. I imagine this is because the makers of the Mario games made this DK game so some ideas were carried over to SMG.
I have no idea which enemy you mean with the flowers.
@SiFi: How do you know the SML(2)-enemies are brainwashed? There are also normal Goombas and Koopa Troopas.
It's not an enemy it's a thing.
 

PaperStriker

I propose for the location going here.
SiFi said:
PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
PaperStriker said:
videoguy93 said:
did you know that some enemies and things in donkey kong jungle beat are in super mario galaxy?:eek:
O RLY?
Which ones?
Swoopin' Poinks, the flowers that you twirl up and a few other things i believe. But yeah there is an enemy in DK JB that are, look and act pretty much like the Swoopin Poinks, it's on the back of Jungle Beats cover. I imagine this is because the makers of the Mario games made this DK game so some ideas were carried over to SMG.
I have no idea which enemy you mean with the flowers.
@SiFi: How do you know the SML(2)-enemies are brainwashed? There are also normal Goombas and Koopa Troopas.
It's in the manual.
When it's in the manaul why does it go in the thread when everyone can read that...? <_<
 
B

Black Ninjakoopa

Guest
Did you know that...

-The cheap knock-off Koopa Kids have ALMOST appeared in more games then the all mighty Koopalings?

-Kyle Broflovski has a cousin named Kyle Schwartz?
 

PaperStriker

I propose for the location going here.
The K Kids have appeared in MP1-7. ===> 7 games.
The K-lings have appeared in only 6 games.
Jr. has appeared in at least 8 games. (SMS, NSMB, SMG, MPT, MGTT, MSB, MKDD, MSCF, anything else?)
 

PaperStriker

I propose for the location going here.
Snowstalker said:
Bowser Jr. appeared in Mario Party DS, and he's going to appear in the new Baseball game. Ten.
But he HAS appeared in nine. =P
 

Smiddle

Power Star
Did you know that in Soviet Russia, thread replies to YOU!!?
Did you know that two people in some DK game called "Benny" and "Björn" are named after two members of the music group ABBA, and that björn also is Swedish for 'bear'?
 
Top