The official "Did you know?" thread

Smiddle said:
Did you know that in Soviet Russia, thread replies to YOU!!?
Did you know that two people in some DK game called "Benny" and "Björn" are named after two members of the music group ABBA, and that björn also is Swedish for 'bear'?

I did.

Did you know that a level of Donkey Kong Country 3 named "Bleak's House" is named after the Charle Dicken novel of the same name?

PaperStriker said:
The K Kids have appeared in MP1-7. ===> 7 games.
The K-lings have appeared in only 6 games.
Jr. has appeared in at least 8 games. (SMS, NSMB, SMG, MPT, MGTT, MSB, MKDD, MSCF, anything else?)

Koopa Kids also appeared in MPA... 8!

@Smiddle: I did. And same with Benny and Bj[symbolnotonmykeyboard]rn.

SiFi said:
PaperStriker said:
Jr. has appeared in at least 8 games. (SMS, NSMB, SMG, MPT, MGTT, MSB, MKDD, MSCF, anything else?)

They didn't appear in MP8.
I know who Benny and Björn are, but I didn't know characters called like this appeared in DKC3.

Did you know there are 216 Red Coins and 40 Silver Stars in SM64DS and 1850 Purple Coins in SMG?

PaperStriker said:
SiFi said:
PaperStriker said:

They didn't appear in MP8.
I know who Benny and Björn are, but I didn't know characters called like this appeared in DKC3.

Did you know there are 216 Red Coins and 40 Silver Stars in SM64DS and 1850 Purple Coins in SMG?

I said MPA. Then I concluded that they therefore appeared in 8 games.

Did you know that there were two trophies in Japan, Mario & Yoshi and Samus Unmasked, that were given out on a contest (or somt'n)?

did you know that a stage in SMB3 used the same music in SMG before you hop onto the rolling ball thing in the Rolling Green/Gizmo Galaxy?

Nintendofrk99 said:
did you know that a stage in SMB3 used the same music in SMG before you hop onto the rolling ball thing in the Rolling Green/Gizmo Galaxy?
Also in Sweet Sweet Galaxy. Obvious. -_-

Did you know the theme that plays during the credits of SMG is the main theme of Gusty Garden Galaxy (which is really awesome, BTW)? You can hear another remix of this theme in a timed Purple Coin-mission and in the Purple Coin-missions of Battlerock and Dreadnought Galaxy. And even weirder, because Gusty Garden's PC-mission is timed, it uses a remix of it's own theme.
(again, that was obvious :P)

Did you know I cried for an hour after I saw that the forum was relocated? :eek:

Did you know that... uh...

IT'S OVER ONE HUNDRED FORTY-THREE MILLION SIXTY-SEVEN THOUSAND NINETY-SIX POINT OOOOOOOONNNNNEEEE?

Did you know that Snape killed Dumbledore?

Did you know I'm off-topiking?

Did you know I don't have any ideas?

PaperStriker said:
And I think 25 Silver Stars appeared in SMG, but I'm not sure.

Did you know this is a "Did you know" thread?

Monkeys

Did you know you can find all the Mario related information on the MarioWiki, and if you can't, it should be added right now (unless its fake info) :-\

Did you know that Mario is very unhealthy in SMG? (3 health units... WTF?)

Did you know World 9 is the easiest world in TLL?

Did you know that the word "Mario" starts with the letter "M"?

Lakitu bros said:
Did you know that Super Mario Bros:The Lost Levels is called Super Mario Bros 2 in Japan?
:mario: <( I am Lost)
Did you know that THAT'S NOT TRUE!?!

Did you know Toad and Bowser had the same VA in MK64?

Did you know world 9 is actually considered the easiest world of TLL?

Shadow queen has brought the thread back from the grave! :eek:

Ontopic: Did you know that Goombas are actually chestnuts?

Shadow Queen said:
Daisy is Peach's cousin! :eek:

ORLY? Well, Wario is Mario's cousin.

Back