What would you like to see in the new 2D Mario for the 3DS?

I really do not care about Bowser Jr. at all. Why did New Super Mario Bros. Wii make him out to be Bowser's favorite son? Like the head one? His 6 brothers and 1 sister are far more interesting. And he was bossing them all around in that game! I thought Ludwig was the second in command?

Sharks Territory said:
Well, Nintendo has developed Bowser Jr.'s personality a whole lot more than the others.
Starting with Mario Sunshine, in your opinion?

Drilbur said:
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga saw the Koopalings under the control of Cackletta.
I missed it, but maybe RPG itself can allow more main characters. (Daisy : .......), rivals and players in handheld are usually less than in home consoles.

Drilbur said:
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga saw the Koopalings under the control of Cackletta.
In the present official settings, when Koopalings are reintroduced, their relationships with Bowser are still vogue. The staff have to solve the mystery of Bowser's wife or marriage for fans before children.

I think that the game should feature either one of these things:

Remaining the flat 2D appearance like the New Super Mario Bros. games, but having the backgrounds fully 3D and some depth in the foreground.

Or using 3D graphics with movement restricted to the X and Y axis like in DKCR and the 3DS version of Sonic Generations.

SKmarioman said:
Or using 3D graphics with movement restricted to the X and Y axis like in DKCR and the 3DS version of Sonic Generations.

This idea is great. Kirby's Return to Dreamland also had these type of graphics and Mario would still work as well with them

Baby Luigi said:
SKmarioman said:

This idea is great. Kirby's Return to Dreamland also had these type of graphics and Mario would still work as well with them
Would you like the new 2D game to be much more difficult than 3DLand, which was criticized by every video game reviewer for it's EC-rated difficulty? I think 3D Land may be Mario's easiest game yet! Yes, even easier than Yoshi's Story.

I honestly don't care. What I care about is great level design and fun replayability. Some difficulty is fine, but I don't really care about it.

Baby Luigi said:
I honestly don't care. What I care about is great level design and fun replayability. Some difficulty is fine, but I don't really care about it.
I don't really care so much either but anyhoo, I feel 3D Land still went WAY overboard appealing to early childhood gamers. And the Special Worlds were only marginally harder.

Some later levels were tricky (Special Worlds 8 and 7) but yeah, I agree with you. It's a little too easy these days. Too easy difficulty makes the games last a lot shorter.

Baby Luigi said:
Some later levels were tricky (Special Worlds 8 and 7) but yeah, I agree with you. It's a little too easy these days. Too easy difficulty makes the games last a lot shorter.
But did you think beating it 100% and then finishing the crown world added more challenge, BLOF?

My sister was the one who collected all the star coins. All I did was play through the levels as Luigi. She said to me that she didn't like the later levels because of its difficulty AND the requirement to collect the Star Coins.

There is one level with the airship in the Special World with the rotating platforms. That level cost me more lives than any other level. Mainly I did it without a Tanooki Suit, but it was extremely hard to judge your jump distance so I died a lot.

Baby Luigi said:
My sister was the one who collected all the star coins. All I did was play through the levels as Luigi. She said to me that she didn't like the later levels because of its difficulty AND the requirement to collect the Star Coins.

There is one level with the airship in the Special World with the rotating platforms. That level cost me more lives than any other level. Mainly I did it without a Tanooki Suit, but it was extremely hard to judge your jump distance so I died a lot.
When you played through the levels as lugi did you get any of the flags, or had your sister already done that as Mario?

My sister had done most of the golden flags. I did only some.

Baby Luigi said:
My sister had done most of the golden flags. I did only some.
Is she younger or older than u?

She's my twin sister. She's slightly older than me (by 15 minutes).

Baby Luigi said:
She's my twin sister. She's slightly older than me (by 15 minutes).
That's really cool! She came out liking Mario more and you Luigi more! So anyway, did BOTH of you beat the special crown level unlocked by completing everything, or just one of you?

Well, my sister did most of the completion. The gold flags, unlocking Special World, play through, the star coins, and finishing as Mario. All I did was play as Luigi and beat the levels as Luigi. So I flew by the game faster than what my sister did because I didn't need to unlock anything or collect anything.

Baby Luigi said:
Well, my sister did most of the completion. The gold flags, unlocking Special World, play through, the star coins, and finishing as Mario. All I did was play as Luigi and beat the levels as Luigi. So I flew by the game faster than what my sister did because I didn't need to unlock anything or collect anything.
Which one of you beat the special eight crown level? or did both?

Both of us did. It was required to beat all levels as Mario and Luigi to get 100%. My sister beat it while collecting Star Coins, though

Baby Luigi said:
Both of us did. It was required to beat all levels as Mario and Luigi to get 100%. My sister beat it while collecting Star Coins, though
Didn't Super Mario 3D Land remind you of Super Mario Land 2 in that it was all so very easy except for the very last level?

I never played Super Mario Land 2, though.

Baby Luigi said:
I never played Super Mario Land 2, though.
Please do it as quickly as humanly possible! trust me you'll love it!

Of course I will enjoy it if I get it. It introduced Wario, it has to be the best game ever!

Baby Luigi said:
Of course I will enjoy it if I get it. It introduced Wario, it has to be the best game ever!
I wish i could lend you my copy I think every mario gamer should experience it

Back