Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Dr. Javelin said:
Blue Paratroopa said:
Cirdec said:
Lickilicky is awesome because he is the only normal type pokémon who can learn Explosion.
Really?
Yeah, but Explosion isn't good anymore.

It used to secretly lower your opponent's Defense by half, which effectively raised its base power to 400 - but now it's just 250 I believe.

Before Gen V the power was actually 500, now that's 250.

Dr. Javelin said:
3. Did you really diss the Gen IV new evolutions? That means you believe that awesome Pokemon like Yanmega, Gliscor, Electivire, Magmortar, Mamoswine, and my personal favorite Weavile look stupid?

That's pretty harsh man. Real harsh.
Mamoswine is actually cool, like Gliscor. Weavile, I'm kind of indifferent about, as I am with Yanmega. I'm bitter about Electivire, since Electabuzz is my favorite and I just find his evolved form really ugly. Magmortar, though, takes the cake with looking both ugly and stupid.

In my opinion.

Looks aren't everything in Pokemon

Blue Paratroopa said:
Looks aren't everything in Pokemon
I GET THAT, that's the point I was trying to make! I KNOW that they made the evolutions to make previously weak or mediocre Pokemon more useful in terms of competitive fans. I just never cared about Pokemon from a competitive standpoint and didn't really like the new evolutions (and pre-evoltions for that matter) they game some Pokemon.

So, if you're getting this, do you know what your team will be? Or are you just going to play and see what you end up with.

I ask, when are these Pokemon developers going to run out of ideas for names! How many are they up to know, like 600 different ones? It is eventually going to be impossible to complete the Pokedex without hacks. The more they invent, the less original the names and designs will become. And they keep making remakes to keeps out wallets cleaned out. And before we know it, there is a NEWER game that will hit the shelves. I think the general idea is getting a bit cliche.

:yoshi: YoshiKong :dk:

I've been playing through one game from each gen for the last year or so, doing monotype runs and such. I'm still not sick of it, since each run is different from the last. Completing the Pokedex is more of a side goal though, not required.

I've played through Gen I & II about 5 times, Gen III only once and Gen IV & V twice.

And I've only completed one type out of the 17 monotype challenges I want to complete.

Needless to say, these games aren't very 'cliche' to me, IMO, these are the games with the most replay value.

They may all have a different shell. But within, they seem all the same. Oh, and my favorite was Emerald.

YoshiKong said:
They may all have a different shell. But within, they seem all the same. Oh, and my favorite was Emerald.

This isn't supposed to be some crazy revelation. These are just video games.

If I had to choose, B/W would have to be my favourite. Each area just seems a lot more unique. Plus, it's Pokemon make for fun monotype runs.

The only generation five game I've played is a little but of Black. My brother gave it to me. But he hacked it so much that now I can't even watch the menu. It just goes black. I plan on getting White 2.

I honestly liked BW. It felt like they were actually trying to revive the series.

As for teams, I know I'm getting Oshawott, and I think I might try Sewaddle out. I didn't use it last time.

Yay, this comes out next week.

I plan to try out Crustle, Jellicent, and a few others, and I'll dump my starter fairly early so I can have a good team.

YoshiKong said:
I ask, when are these Pokemon developers going to run out of ideas for names! How many are they up to know, like 600 different ones? It is eventually going to be impossible to complete the Pokedex without hacks. The more they invent, the less original the names and designs will become. And they keep making remakes to keeps out wallets cleaned out. And before we know it, there is a NEWER game that will hit the shelves. I think the general idea is getting a bit cliche.

Black and White is arguably the most original since Gold and Silver. Although, I question why they kept the tutorial

So, more English names:

Kyohei = Nate
Mei = Rosa
Banjirō = Benga
Black Skyscraper = Black Tower
White Tree Hollow = White Treehollow
Tetsu = Curtis
Ruri = Yancy
Seigaiha City = Humilau City
Nature Sanctuary = Nature Preserve
Yamaji Town = Lentimas Town
Rebirth Mountain = Reversal Mountain ( :'( )
Cave of Spirit (the cave where the pixies are) = Cave of Being
Stranger House = Strange House
Ancient Path = Relic Passage
Seaside Cave = same

That's all I could find.

Pyro said:
So, more English names:

Kyohei = Nate
Mei = Rosa
Banjirō = Benga
Black Skyscraper = Black Tower
White Tree Hollow = White Treehollow
Tetsu = Curtis
Ruri = Yancy
Seigaiha City = Humilau City
Nature Sanctuary = Nature Preserve
Yamaji Town = Lentimas Town
Rebirth Mountain = Reversal Mountain ( :'( )
Cave of Spirit (the cave where the pixies are) = Cave of Being
Stranger House = Strange House
Ancient Path = Relic Passage
Seaside Cave = same

That's all I could find.
at least Rosa is a better name than Hilda (Hilda sucks seriously).

those are actually okay names

i mean, let's look back at some other names - ethan, kris, lyra, lucas, dawn, brendan, may

red and leaf are really the only game protagonists that get cool names

hilbert and hilda are names that i can laugh at for hours

Back