Fire Emblem: Awakening

Proto Man said:
Ghirahim said:
Why? I think it looks nice.
This is just kind of a personal thing, but when a game has a character creation feature I like it to be really fleshed out and detailed. There's just not a lot of customization options there; hell you can't even change the outfit the avatar wears. And I know this comes from me growing up playing WWE Smackdown! games with my friends which had really in-depth create a character features. I realize that I'm being too hard on a feature that will have a minimal effect on the overall experience, but it just kinda bums me out is all.

tl;dr: i'm upset that i can't make my dude look like dr. wily

I don't hate FE's character creation, it looks good enough, but I do have to agree with '3K here.

Also I'll probably end up picking casual because I'm a wuss.

Akane Owari said:
Proto Man said:
Ghirahim said:
Why? I think it looks nice.
This is just kind of a personal thing, but when a game has a character creation feature I like it to be really fleshed out and detailed. There's just not a lot of customization options there; hell you can't even change the outfit the avatar wears. And I know this comes from me growing up playing WWE Smackdown! games with my friends which had really in-depth create a character features. I realize that I'm being too hard on a feature that will have a minimal effect on the overall experience, but it just kinda bums me out is all.

tl;dr: i'm upset that i can't make my dude look like dr. wily

I don't hate FE's character creation, it looks good enough, but I do have to agree with '3K here.

Also I'll probably end up picking casual because I'm a wuss.
I suppose I see what you're saying, but I'm more focused on the gameplay, so it doesn't bother me really.

I'm still debating over casual or classic. Might make two files with one for each and play them on an off.

I don't know if I want to get this game or not.

It looks really hard, even on casual (you don't know how glad I am they put that feature in). But people seem to like it, and it looks really pretty graphics wise.

I think I'm just scared I'll screw everything up somehow and make some really bad choices.

It'd be nice if it was actually hard, don't remember being that challenged in an FE game since like 5 and 6.

Although 7(hard mode) and 10 had fair difficulties.

Does anybody know what happens to DLC characters when they die? Do they come back in Classic mode? Or do you have to get them again?

I don't think you should have to pay again for DLC characters that die in battle. That'd be a dick move on Nintendo's part.

Also after messing with the demo, I'm probably going to start on Normal difficulty in Classic mode.

and today is going to be such a long day ahhhhhhhh

Ghirahim said:
Apparently my Gamestop doesn't have them right now (or wal mart even)
Same here. I've been to 2 different Gamestops and 2 different Wal-Marts and neither had any copies.

There was a shipping problem and places don't have it in stock at the moment.

I might end up buying this one day, it looks pretty good, but I wasn't too interested in Sacred Stones when I got it on the 3DS.

Proto Man said:
Ghirahim said:
Same here. I've been to 2 different Gamestops and 2 different Wal-Marts and neither had any copies.
Hmm. I thought gamestop would have it, I mean, it's been on their site for the last couple weeks. But I suppose fire emblem isn't in high demand compared to to other games. I'll go later today and see if they got any.

EDIT: Still didn't have it. My dad almost ended up preordering the 3DS bundle! o_O

Ghirahim said:
Proto Man said:
Ghirahim said:
Hmm. I thought gamestop would have it, I mean, it's been on their site for the last couple weeks. But I suppose fire emblem isn't in high demand compared to to other games. I'll go later today and see if they got any.

EDIT: Still didn't have it. My dad almost ended up preordering the 3DS bundle! o_O

I believe from what I remember, GameStop will be getting it Thursday. Or maybe it was Friday.

Crackin355 said:
Ghirahim said:
Proto Man said:
Ghirahim said:

I believe from what I remember, GameStop will be getting it Thursday. Or maybe it was Friday.
Yeah, apparently at the earliest today, and at the latest Friday.

Got it. Love it. And it's pretty tough on normal difficulty.

Also, the first round of DLC is free until March 6th. If you beat it you get Marth on your team. He's pretty savage, but that's to be expected.

Proto Man said:
Got it. Love it. And it's pretty tough on normal difficulty.

Also, the first round of DLC is free until March 6th. If you beat it you get Marth on your team. He's pretty savage, but that's to be expected.
Looks like I'm not getting it until Friday.

So, what's in the DLC? I'd like to do it before it's not free anymore.

Your army teams up with Marth, Ike, and Alm and fights an army consisting of characters from previous Fire Emblem games (including Eirika and Lyn) while wonderful 8-bit battle music plays.

Okay, since I'm playing with permadeath on, the DLC is handled like this:

I wound up getting Marth killed (because I'm dumb apparently) and finished the chapter as normal. I went back to the DLC map and beat it again thus letting me recruit him again. The downside is that you have to re-train him.

Also, I'm going to post a musical spoiler because holy crap this song. They put it at just the right spot.

Can you put what chapter each spoiler is on (put it on the spoiler tag), so I know when to click it when I want to later? Should be getting this tomorrow, and can't wait!

So, let's say I haven't played neither a Fire Emblem nor an SRPG and am normally pretty bad at these kind of games, but am looking for something new and good to play for my 3DS, should I buy this game?

Xpike said:
So, let's say I haven't played neither a Fire Emblem nor an SRPG and am normally pretty bad at these kind of games, but am looking for something new and good to play for my 3DS, should I buy this game?
Yes! And if you are bad, you can always do casual first to get a feel for the game.

Also, no knowledge of previous Fire Emblem lore is required to enjoy the story. So there's another plus.

Apparently this has a save anytime feature or am I mistaken? If so, my interest is piqued.

Back