Fire Emblem: Awakening

Miles Prower said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Ira Gamagoori said:
For Miriel, even though she has high magic, she has horrible defense and pretty much dies three turns into the battle
that's why you have to PROTECT HER WITH YOUR OTHER UNITS

Pretty much this. Mages aren't supposed to be out in the open. If you know how to cover your own ass well enough, she'll never be in a potentially lethal situation.

In my defense this is the first actual Fire Emblem game I've played that I didn't ragequit.

BMB said:
Glaceon said:
Oh, and I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone say this already, but BMB, you should try to avoid using Frederick (at least for a while), although he's powerful and all, he eats up EXP that the other, weaker units need and could use.

Okay. I am doing my best to try to get everyone on the action.

I definitely work well with Chrom and Stahl, and Virion and Sully I'm really using them as a nice combo. I save Frederick in case I really need the support if I'm geting volleyed by a lot of attacks, and I use Lissa to help me make sure I don't lose anyone.

I hate when they are the enemies are like "Oh hey, the three of us are going to attack the same guy even though there are other people closer we could attack.
YES VIRION AND SULLY.

They are awesome together. Plus there supports are awesome.

And tip (if you haven't realized already). You can click on enemy units to see their range, so you know where it's safe to move.

BMB said:
Glaceon said:
Oh, and I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone say this already, but BMB, you should try to avoid using Frederick (at least for a while), although he's powerful and all, he eats up EXP that the other, weaker units need and could use.
I hate when they are the enemies are like "Oh hey, the three of us are going to attack the same guy even though there are other people closer we could attack.

I'm getting a lot of this in Paralogue 1. It's frustrating.

New Super Mario said:
And tip (if you haven't realized already). You can click on enemy units to see their range, so you know where it's safe to move.

Adding on to that, you can also press the X button (if I recall correctly) to see the enemy as a whole's range, so you know which spaces the enemy can attack you from.

Miles Prower said:
Then Sumia was up to promotion and I wasn't aware that falcon knights are staff wielders in this game. I figured they'd gain swords like in FE7. I gave her staves since I couldn't picture her as an efficient mage, and while it was marginally useful as a backup for the backup, her healing never became that impressive. She still was probably the most powerful falcon knight I've ever played though.
The only flier that's better than Sumia is Tana from FE8.

Sumia is definitely awesome though, and I usually pair her up with Chrom just because I think she looks more like a queen than Olivia, Maribelle, or Sully.

Dr. Javelin said:
Miles Prower said:
Then Sumia was up to promotion and I wasn't aware that falcon knights are staff wielders in this game. I figured they'd gain swords like in FE7. I gave her staves since I couldn't picture her as an efficient mage, and while it was marginally useful as a backup for the backup, her healing never became that impressive. She still was probably the most powerful falcon knight I've ever played though.
The only flier that's better than Sumia is Tana from FE8.

Sumia is definitely awesome though, and I usually pair her up with Chrom just because I think she looks more like a queen than Olivia, Maribelle, or Sully.
I had Sully and Chrom on my first playthrough. They were cool lol.

I just started a new playthrough as well.

Chrom's going with MU. Virion with Sully. Lissa with Vaike again (just for blonde Owain lol).

Also I still can't decide if I like Sumia or Cordelia more.

I personally prefer Cordelia, because Sumia just seems kind of... bland? She's not a bad character or anything, but she's not really an interesting one either. Cordelia has her whole perfectionist thing, and guilt about her pegasi squad, and etc. that make her a deeper character.

Plus red > grey. >_>

Dr. Javelin said:
I personally prefer Cordelia, because Sumia just seems kind of... bland? She's not a bad character or anything, but she's not really an interesting one either. Cordelia has her whole perfectionist thing, and guilt about her pegasi squad, and etc. that make her a deeper character.

Plus red > grey. >_>
haha yeah lol, just base everything on the hair color.

I always liked Cordelia as a unit more too for some reason. Like once you got her she would just become my go to pegasus knight.

Regardless I still have never upgraded either to a dark flier since I never used them enough. But I'm so doing it on this new playthough.

New Super Mario said:
haha yeah lol, just base everything on the hair color.
The biggest problem with Awakening was the lack of any purple-haired characters. The only purple-haired person on the entire continent (and Valm, I guess) is apparently my avatar.

And idk why, but Dark Flier just doesn't look as cool as Falcon Knight to me (the black pegasus just looks weird with most people), but I always go through the class at least once to get GALEFORCE.

personally i think i like cordelia better, although i reclassed her to a mercenary in my second playthrough
lissa was my main pegasus user for my second playthrough. made a great dark flier, even if she wasn't that great with lances. she was one of the only characters who i constantly used even after getting the child characters, and also one of my best units overall

someday i should really get around to starting a new playthrough

So this is what I'm thinking for pairs for my current playthrough

Chrom ~ Robin
Sumia ~ Gaius
Olivia ~ Kellam
Maribelle ~ Henry
Cordelia ~ Lon'qu
Lissa ~ Vaike
Sully ~ Virion
Panne ~ Frederick
Nowi ~ Donnel
Miriel ~ Ricken
Tharja ~ Libra
Cherche ~ Stahl

I never got all the children in my first playthrough so I'm trying to pair everyone up as best as I can.

omg no you shouldn't use vaike

Personal preferences aside, I've done Tharja/Libra and it is literally the worst possible combination for Noire. Trust me.

vaike is actually pretty terifying once you train him.

but as far as axe users go i didnt think he was the top of the line.

if vaike is my only option for an axe user, then i'll just not have an axe user

he's that annoying and terrible

Besides, you get Cherche later and Cherche is awesome in every way that Vaike isn't.

Dr. Javelin said:

Besides, you get Cherche later and Cherche is awesome in every way that Vaike isn't.

or donnel, who makes a fantastic axe user.

Of course no axe user compares to the mighty hector.

Oh yeah, I always forget about Donnel.

Every time I play through I have to stop myself from using Donnel too much, because he absolutely wrecks the entire enemy team and doesn't leave any EXP for anyone else if I'm not careful.

I always thought Vaike was pretty good, but whatever.

and I just love Libra and Tharja's supports :P

I used them last time, but this time I'm thinking I'm going to reclass Noire and make her work.

I mean. I think I can make her a pretty good magic user with Libra and Tharja as her parents, (and besides I have no used for an archer when I have Virion :P )

Dr. Javelin said:

omg you're making it way worse than it sounds. Vaike can be pretty good once you promote him.

Dr. Javelin said:
Oh yeah, I always forget about Donnel.

Every time I play through I have to stop myself from using Donnel too much, because he absolutely wrecks the entire enemy team and doesn't leave any EXP for anyone else if I'm not careful.
lol, I'm just to lazy to train him. I'm just pairing him with Nowi so Nah can get Aptitude.

Zae Roles said:
just so you know noire is a way better archer then virion is.
I know, but I always have Virion paired and by the time I get Noire I don't think it's really going to be worth it. Plus I much prefer Virion's personality.

New Super Mario said:
Zae Roles said:
I know, but I always have Virion paired and by the time I get Noire I don't think it's really going to be worth it. Plus I much prefer Virion's personality.

well they're both pretty nutty so uh

i guess so

Zae Roles said:
New Super Mario said:
Zae Roles said:

well they're both pretty nutty so uh

i guess so
haha yeah I know :P

but virion is really underratted, IMO. In my first playthrough he could get one hit ko's and was a tank lol.

the classes that libra unlocks are all right next to each other, and when he combos with tharja it doesn't unlock any classes that noire wouldn't have already had access to

Back