Fire Emblem: Awakening

Also keep in mind that Morgan is male if you have a female avatar and female if you have a male avatar.

The most important thing you need to know is that Donnel and Stahl are amazing, but they will both tell you otherwise, so ignore them.

Donnel really takes way more effort then he's worth, IMO.

Stahl or Sully, really either are good. I used Sully more because I paired her with Virion my first playthrough.

Donnel was the best unit in my army. I could always count on him when I wasn't sure anyone else was up to the task, and he was pretty much indestructible. I do not feel like any of the effort I put into him was wasted.

Though I started training Brady recently and he's also becoming a force to be reckoned with. Must be because Donnel is his father.

I never, ever trained Vaike, so he always sat in the back of the army with all the other single characters.

I think I trained Virion once, but usually he was also back there. Mostly because I couldn't stand his personality.

Dr. Javelin said:
I never, ever trained Vaike, so he always sat in the back of the army with all the other single characters.

I think I trained Virion once, but usually he was also back there. Mostly because I couldn't stand his personality.
Same here.

I have actually never really used Sully.
I always used Stahl, I would train up Sully so I could use for the Praim level, but thats it

I used Sully and Fredrick a lot until they began to become not very effective in later chapters. I forgot about Stahl.

I used both Sully and Stahl. Having two mounted melee units is pretty neat. Sully is good at one-shotting enemies, wheras Stahl is pretty much invincible if you keep him away from enemy mages. I occasionally sent him out as a distraction while my physically weaker units did other things. I married them to Frederick and Miriel respectively.

I didn't train Vaike either, I used fighter Donnel instead. Not very fond of Vaike's personality. I'm not sure whom I should marry him to.

I trained Virion because I wanted an archer and he's pretty much the de facto one they give to you. I married him to Lissa, which is probably a sacrilegue for screwing up Owain's stats. IDK. Then again it doesn't matter much because I turned Owain into a priest. I thought it would be funny to make the one character obsessed with fighting and glory and weapons unable to wield a sword.

I find that Vaike and Olivia complement each other really well in terms of performance. Olivia gets a much needed strength boost and Vaike gets a nice speed boost.

plus their supports are humorous

I already married Olivia to Kellam though, since he's the one who needed her dances the most, so I figured why not.

Rocket '3Koon said:
I find that Vaike and Olivia complement each other really well in terms of performance. Olivia gets a much needed strength boost and Vaike gets a nice speed boost.

plus their supports are humorous

they are, and not stupid humorous like some of chroms supports.

Yoshidude99 said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Same here.
I used Vaike a decent amount.

I had him upgraded to a Warrior. Married to Lissa. Mostly cause I wanted a blonde Owain lol.

Miles Prower said:
Then again it doesn't matter much because I turned Owain into a priest. I thought it would be funny to make the one character obsessed with fighting and glory and weapons unable to wield a sword.
lol

you should have turned cynthia into a cleric too, then they could both be obsessed with fighting and yet only be able to heal people

Funnily enough i think Owain's better suited for magic, anyway.

For most of the game, Miriel, Henry, Ricken, Vaike, Sully, Panne, and Virion were benched. Virion was pretty much the only one I never bothered to use.

virion is okay as a unit as he has fairly good defense and strength, but his problem is that his skill and speed are lackluster without support.

Dr. Javelin said:
i also don't get why an archer is supposed to have high defense

because it helps, theres always gonna be some dude that can hit you.

I mean unless you're an fe7 archer it can help.

But otherwise, eh.

Dr. Javelin said:
i also don't get why an archer is supposed to have high defense

Probably because one of his promotion options is Bow Knight, which is a melee/ranged unit hybrid, and melee units usually benefit from some amount of defense.

Zae Roles said:
virion is okay as a unit as he has fairly good defense and strength, but his problem is that his skill and speed are lackluster without support.

You sure about that? Because I'm pretty sure his defense is supposed to be pretty sub-par, as opposed to speed and skill being one of his better stats

Uzu Sanageyama said:
Zae Roles said:

You sure about that? Because I'm pretty sure his defense is supposed to be pretty sub-par, as opposed to speed and skill being one of his better stats

ive had some playthroughs where his strength and defense were pretty high, and his speed/skill were moderate best.

Might be just my luck but ive used him twice now and it kinda rolls that way.

Back