Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra

If you could choose what kind of Bender you'd be. What element would you choose?

• Waterbender

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Earthbender

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Firebender

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Airbender

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Non-Bender

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
Nabber said:
Blue Paratroopa said:
That was really long
I'm really sad that I had five single-spaced pages worth of things to say against Korra. No show should have to be this flawed.
Could you paraphrase it?

Legend of Korra is a horrible show and should be banned from TV.

If you want to know what I said, then read it. It only takes a few minutes.

It's not HORRIBLE...

And I read your review and agree with pretty much everything you say.

It just had a disappointing finale. And the characters are kinda annoying. Like they're purposely making them for fanfiction or something.

That's the thing. My sister kept saying how much they're listening to the fan base, which is her personal problem with the show.

Sometimes that can be a good thing, but...

Like, I hate the whole Korra/Mako/Asami love triangle whatever. I understand they're teenagers, but I'm never really a fan of overarching relationship conflicts. They just get annoying. Plus, Mako has no personality. Bolin is Sokka with less maturity, Asami is a jealous girlfriend and Korra is an angsty teenage girl. Although Korra probably has the most personality, even if it changes every episode.

I'm not going to read Nabber's thing mainly because throughout Season 1 while it was airing. I've basically already seen all his thoughts and I have no need to see them again put in five paragraphs.

Also I still liked Korra. Sure it doesn't hold a candle to A:TLA but I'd still rather rewatch a Korra episode then any Spongebob episode to be honest (Yes even the old ones, because I've already seen those almost literally hundreds of times because of how much Nick reruns Spongebob). And I wouldn't really like reading anything that amounts to a rant against a show I like.

EDIT: As long as Nabber and I can agree to disagree then we'll get along fine.

Nabber said:
It's not a rant. It's a calm, though-out review.

Well nonetheless, I don't like reading a whole thing of criticism to something I like regardless.

Northern Verve said:
EDIT: As long as Nabber and I can agree to disagree then we'll get along fine.

Well, Season 2 is slated for September. We got a trailer, but without any actual talking, it's unable to be clear about... Well, anything.

I want to be excited because DeLisle is voicing multiple characters, and more importantly, we get to see the first Avatar! but they probably won't pull it off well, so I can't.

Great news that Book 2 starts in less then 2 months.. While I haven't seen the trailer, I've seen some of the images from it and it looks great.

Also has anyone been watching the Nostalgia Critic's vlogs and thoughts about the original series? He's been seeing every episode and giving his thoughts on it in anticipation for when he eventually does a review of the Live Action Movie. He's really enjoying it so far, especially Zuko's storyline. He's currently at the beginning of Book 3.

Northern Verve said:
Also has anyone been watching the Nostalgia Critic's vlogs and thoughts about the original series? He's been seeing every episode and giving his thoughts on it in anticipation for when he eventually does a review of the Live Action Movie. He's really enjoying it so far, especially Zuko's storyline. He's currently at the beginning of Book 3.
I'm watching the episodes alongside him. I'll watch on episode a day, then watch his review at night. I figured since I haven't really watched the series in full, this could be a way to watch the whole series, then hear someone else's viewpoint.

Is there anywhere perhaps that I could watch the Legend of Korra online?

IIRC, A:TLA was on Netflix, but I no longer have netflix.

They actually used to be on Nick's website but I'm not sure if they still are and I'm much too lazy to check.

They have a few full episodes of Korra on the official site, but only 5 of them.
I suggest Googling around for them though, it shouldn't be too hard since I've done that before myself.

You know, to be honest, I get a feeling I'm not going to like Book 2 as much. Mostly because there's all this focus on the spirit world. Call me crazy, but I'd really want to know more about Korra's political responsibilities as the Avatar than her link to the spirit world and all that.

I think it's because I like history.

call me crazy but isn't the whole point of being an avatar is to be a representative of the spirit world? not to run off and have fun political adventures and foursomes and stuff

if you want history then go watch the history channel or something idk

Gundam Tanaka said:
call me crazy but isn't the whole point of being an avatar is to be a representative of the spirit world? not to run off and have fun political adventures and foursomes and stuff

I'm sure that there'll be more history in the Spirit World than with all the politics.

I have a feeling we'll learn more about all our favorite original characters as adults and maybe even stuff that has happened.

Gundam Tanaka said:

Of course that's the POINT of it, but, by default, the Avatar basically becomes an incredibly important person in the non-spirit world sense. Whoever has the Avatar on their side would get a lot more consideration. Didn't Tarrlok try to use Korra to get a political advantage?

The spirit world stuff is cool, I guess, but in TLA it was mostly just "There's a spirit and they're angry, go calm them down or something" or "Go to this spirit and ask them something". A lot of it wasn't very well expanded on. I hope they'll make it interesting, though. Or at least something that will be interesting for an entire season of plot.

We're getting closer and closer to the start of Book 2 of Korra.

But anyway Doug Walker (AKA the Nostalgia Critic) finished seeing the series. And he loves it, absolutely loves it.

To the point he said it tops Daria as his favorite TV show. Don't forget, he chose Daria as his #1 out of ALL TIME. Which included other favorites of his including the Batman Animated series, South Park, and Animaniacs

That's actually quite amazing for a show that he just started to watch not too long ago.

Back