Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra

If you could choose what kind of Bender you'd be. What element would you choose?

• Waterbender

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Earthbender

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Firebender

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Airbender

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Non-Bender

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
Zuko had a great deal of character development in the first season alone, and General Zhao was also a pretty good villain. Ozai only got the last season, and Long Feng only got Season 2. And I'd be lying if I said they didn't do a great job on introducing Azula within minutes of her opening her mouth.

Just finished Korra. It's definitely not Avatar, but it's not bad. I don't like the main cast as much. Also, Bolin is not as funny as Sokka. I also didn't like the 1920s style "Previously on Korra". It felt kinda out of place. I like the idea of Non-benders being against benders. There are a head scratching moments though.
How does Amon use Bloodbending to get rid of bending?
Also, why do Zuko and Suki never show up in some capacity? Everyone else on Team Avatar (aside from Appa and Momo) either appears in a flashback or in person. But that's just nitpicking. I still liked the show well enough to wonder what will happen next. Now I'm off to watch the Book 2 trailer.

Otachi said:
I also watched the tenth episode just now. I think Lin is one of my favorite characters now. Also, that general at the end. My reaction:
48569325_omg_reaction_gif.gif

NOSTALGIA

Nabber said:
See, my problem with Amon was that, unlike the villains in Avatar, he felt like he had no character. With peopel like Zuko and Azula - hell, even a little bit with Ozai - you see their backstories, their emotions, what makes them tick. You don't get very much of that with Amon, and what you do get is rather insufficient.

I think, in the end, one of the things I really didn't like about Korra was that it failed to provoke emotion in me.
One episode just ain't enough

So I just watched the book 2 trailer.
Looks like we'll be seeing more of the Spirit World, along with the original avatar. Also, Wan Shi Tong is back!

The first episode of Season Two for Korra officially airs on Nickelodeon on September 13th, which is a Friday.

Kellam said:
The first episode of Season Two for Korra officially airs on Nickelodeon on September 13th, which is a Friday.

Day after my birthday. ^.^

I hope that it is better than Season 1. I understand that it was meant to be a mini-series, but Season 1 was very terrible with the pacing, and I felt that it was too much filler the first few episodes and then too rushed at the end.

I liked Season One except for how they dealt with the Equalist problem. It seems too naive to say the Equalists aren't a problem because their leader is a hypocrite.

Purple Yoshi said:
I liked Season One except for how they dealt with the Equalist problem. It seems too naive to say the Equalists aren't a problem because their leader is a hypocrite.

I really liked how they brought that dilemma into the situation. They are trying to make a co-existing world, and they have a point that it's not only the benders that need to be equals, but benders and non-benders. However, the Equalists were definitely in the wrong with their leader trying to take away something someone is born with. Though, we have no idea how the equalists will be seen in Season 2, so I don't know what to say, but it can be somewhat seen as a real life thing, as there are some things in the real world that can be seen as Equalists.

NotABannableOffense said:
It's like radfems cutting off penises

yeah! it's just like that! because both are completely fictional

GalacticPetey said:
The Nostalgia Critic review of the movie is up. Dear god that was hilarious. Also, Shaymalan is Amon.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/40488-the-last-airbender

Haha quite a great review. I loved how he showed what the show does right and what the movie does wrong.

Also I thought the Platypus Bunny was just a one-time joke in the Les Miserables review that was before it. Kinda clever for it to show up again given that the Avatar series has a bunch of fusions between two different animals.

she's barely even done any training in the avatar state and already is a master at it

what is this

Season 2 of Korra starts tonight!

It will be great to have something to look forward to every week on TV again.

Gomamon said:
Nabber said:
she's barely even done any training in the avatar state and already is a master at it

what is this

i feel like you get as much enjoyment out of hating this show as everyone else gets out of liking it
not quite as much, but still a good amount

Back