Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra

If you could choose what kind of Bender you'd be. What element would you choose?

• Waterbender

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Earthbender

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Firebender

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Airbender

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Non-Bender

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
And that's another thing. My cousin pointed out to me: Aang was the best Avatar, and had a huge amount of spiritual energy. Korra had quite possible none. So how come she had no trouble at all learning the first three elements and managed to learn Airbending with virtually no training?

well she did have airbending training

BUT ALL THAT ADRENALINE MAN

IT JUST OVERTOOK HER

SHE WAS LIEK

DAMMIET AMON GET UR HANDS OFF ME HOMIE

If adrenaline can unlock bending for you, Aang would have mastered all four elements before he went into the iceberg.

I really like this new series of Korra. I like how it seems as though things are becoming more revelant to today's world with all the industries and the motor vehicles, and how many of the unique characters in the A: TLA have become more common (i.e. Gi blocking, bloodbending, metalbending). What I really like about this series is the fact that things that happened between the time of A: TLA and A: TLoK are gradually revealed throughout the episodes, and how they affect what is happening in Korra's time.

Now, I do like how many of the elements presented have their own like sub-element twist to them. Like...
Firebending - Lightningbending
Waterbending - Bloodbending
Earthbending - Metalbending/Sandbending
Airbending has none atm. :(

Also BMB your post reminded me; I take a bit of comfort in that they abandoned the Avatar title for this series. Now it's more akin to a spin-off series like the Cleveland Show.

Nabber said:
Also BMB your post reminded me; I take a bit of comfort in that they abandoned the Avatar title for this series. Now it's more akin to a spin-off series like the Cleveland Show.

Your post also reminded me in the fact that when I was reading up about this upcoming sequel to A: TLA a year or two back, they wanted to make sure that it wasn't like a spin-off of the first and more a sequel/continue-on of the first. That is why they had Korra stay in one location instead of traveling across the entire world like her processor.

Nabber said:

Except for the fact that the Cleveland Show sucked.

Nabber said:
But wasn't that what Avatar was all about? Discovering a whole new world, filled with all these mystifying concepts? You can hardly call Republic City a good setting - you barely saw any of it - and the characters weren't complex at all.

Considering that they originally were planning on doing only two books, would you want an entire season of Korra just exploring Republic City and the other season divulging into the personalities and other stuff of the characters?

Fassad said:
Nabber said:

Except for the fact that the Cleveland Show sucked.
What do you mean by "except"?
Fassad said:
Considering that they originally were planning on doing only two books, would you want an entire season of Korra just exploring Republic City and the other season divulging into the personalities and other stuff of the characters?
Well, it's actually going to be four books, so. But anyway, no. But this is supposed to be a continuation of the Avatar series, so how come it doesn't feel like it? It's not like there was really anything stopping them from making full-length seasons, as far as I'm aware.

Also, will someone please explain Amon's motive? Because I'm really confused on that.

Nabber said:
Well, it's actually going to be four books, so. But anyway, no. But this is supposed to be a continuation of the Avatar series, so how come it doesn't feel like it? It's not like there was really anything stopping them from making full-length seasons, as far as I'm aware.

Also, will someone please explain Amon's motive? Because I'm really confused on that.

This is just my theory, but...

Amon was abused by his father in order to be in control of everything he touched with his bloodbending. Somehow, it led to him becoming power-hungry. I believe that he wanted everyone to lose their bending abilities so that he could be the only bender and have control over all.

Personally, I felt like there were many pieces of the puzzle missing about Amon, which is why I don't have an exact answer.

BMB said:
Nabber said:

This is just my theory, but...

Amon was abused by his father in order to be in control of everything he touched with his bloodbending. Somehow, it led to him becoming power-hungry. I believe that he wanted everyone to lose their bending abilities so that he could be the only bender and have control over all.

Personally, I felt like there were many pieces of the puzzle missing about Amon, which is why I don't have an exact answer.

He wasn't power hungry. Even though he was a bender himself. Tarrlokk said that he truly believed Bending was the root of all evil in the world. Frankly, yeah we don't get enough of him because we see him run off after bloodbending Yakone and we don't get anything from the time period after which before he starts his "revolution" in Republic City. Just wasn't enough time to do so in 12 episodes.

I'm just wondering, I was watching "The Beach" but I stopped halfway through because I thought it was kinda boring. I'm just wondering if there's anything I missed that I'll need to know later.

Hm, as for important details, no I don't believe so but it's an entertaining episode regardless I don't know why you found it boring. There's some villain bonding, an awesome profound and memorable Zuko rage moment, sexy Ty Lee stuff and Azula trying to hit on guys. Also hot old ladies, man. The best.

So I just finished watching the Puppetmaster.

Guess what I'm going to rant about now?

That's right. For one thing, Hama was arrested and Katara would never teach bloodbending. So how was the practice taught down? I'm really wondering that. Also, bloodbending without the full moon. I still think that should be impossible. Remember, the moon taught people water bending. So how can a person do the most powerful water bending without the full moon? It just doesn't make sense.

Nabber said:
So I just finished watching the Puppetmaster.

Guess what I'm going to rant about now?

That's right. For one thing, Hama was arrested and Katara would never teach bloodbending. So how was the practice taught down? I'm really wondering that. Also, bloodbending without the full moon. I still think that should be impossible. Remember, the moon taught people water bending. So how can a person do the most powerful water bending without the full moon? It just doesn't make sense.

Avatar wiki states the knowledge of Bloodbending after the war became widespread to the public. Which when it becomes widespread to the public, some of the more evil-doers want to learn how to use the power. Outlawing it may have made it even more intriguing to criminals. And Yakone happened to get the special ability to use it even in the daytime. He's the only one we know who was able to do it before he passed the knowledge onto Tarrlokk and Amon. since obviously he only taught it to them in a revenge ploy. Yakone was just an all-unique bender to himself. It was no different then from Combustion Man or when Toph became the first Metalbender. Besides, Bloodbending by day is pretty much dead now, literally the knowledge dying with Tarrlokk and Amon. Unless Yakone taught it to anyone else somehow, no one's going to be able to bloodbend in the day ever again. There's probably still some rogue bloodbenders somewhere, but they're still limited to the Full Moon.

Back