Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra

If you could choose what kind of Bender you'd be. What element would you choose?

• Waterbender

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Earthbender

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Firebender

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Airbender

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Non-Bender

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
Epic Nitwit said:
Ok, I've finished watching Book 3. I think this is the best TV show I've ever watched. I guess I'll start on Korra now.

That's great! Can you tell us some of your favorite parts of the series? Maybe which character is your favorite?

Well, I can't say all the parts I liked, as I've probably forgoten some, but I liked most of the parts where Aang went avatar state, as well as any time that a character that isn't a main character returns. As for my favorite character, that's also hard, because all the characters were great in their own way. But I liked all of Team Avatar, Iroh, King Bumi, Jet, Pipsqueak, that guy who escaped from the Boiling Rock with Sokka and Zuko(I forgot his name) and probably some others I forgot.

Epic Nitwit said:
Well, I can't say all the parts I liked, as I've probably forgoten some, but I liked most of the parts where Aang went avatar state, as well as any time that a character that isn't a main character returns. As for my favorite character, that's also hard, because all the characters were great in their own way. But I liked all of Team Avatar, Iroh, King Bumi, Jet, Pipsqueak, that guy who escaped from the Boiling Rock with Sokka and Zuko(I forgot his name) and probably some others I forgot.
Chit-Sung, I think.

Epic Nitwit said:

It was Chit Sang I believe. Maybe you'd like to tell us what you thought of each of the Season Finales?

Northern Verve said:
Maybe you'd like to tell us what you thought of each of the Season Finales?

Well, the season 1 finale was cool with the Avatar state Aang water monster. The season 2 finale was ok, but not too much I liked. The season 3 finale was cool for heaps of reasons, a lot of which I've probably forgoten.

Also, I watched the first episode of Korra, but to be honest, I'm not finding it as good as the original. Maybe because the setting is totally different, it seems to be taking place in a more modern world, with cars and modern clothing. Another thing I didn't exactly like was that all the nations are united as one, instead of four.

Epic Nitwit said:
Northern Verve said:
Maybe you'd like to tell us what you thought of each of the Season Finales?

Well, the season 1 finale was cool with the Avatar state Aang water monster. The season 2 finale was ok, but not too much I liked. The season 3 finale was cool for heaps of reasons, a lot of which I've probably forgoten.

Also, I watched the first episode of Korra, but to be honest, I'm not finding it as good as the original. Maybe because the setting is totally different, it seems to be taking place in a more modern world, with cars and modern clothing. Another thing I didn't exactly like was that all the nations are united as one, instead of four.

Korra takes place in a setting that's the equivalent of the 1920's in our world. That's why everything is different because technology really advanced in the time between Korra and A:TLA.

Also only Republic City is united for one nation. There's still the separate nations. It's just at least in Season 1 of Korra it never goes outside of Republic City other then when they're at the South Pole at the Beginning and the End.

Northern Verve said:
Korra takes place in a setting that's the equivalent of the 1920's in our world. That's why everything is different because technology really advanced in the time between Korra and A:TLA.

Also only Republic City is united for one nation. There's still the separate nations. It's just at least in Season 1 of Korra it never goes outside of Republic City other then when they're at the South Pole at the Beginning and the End.

Oh, I could have sworn the guy in the opening said the nations were united by the avatar.

Also, I forgot Avatar Roku in my list of favorite characters.

Epic Nitwit said:
Northern Verve said:

Oh, I could have sworn the guy in the opening said the nations were united by the avatar.

Also, I forgot Avatar Roku in my list of favorite characters.

Just go ahead and see more. You've barely gotten into what Korra explores. Such as the main villain.

It's true Korra doesn't exactly match up with the original series. But I hope you'll still find enough to like that you at least find it decent.

But he already has decided that he doesn't like Korra that much. Granted I waited for Korra to get better, because Avatar's first episode was actually kinda bad. But it didn't get better.

Nabber said:
But he already has decided that he doesn't like Korra that much. Granted I waited for Korra to get better, because Avatar's first episode was actually kinda bad. But it didn't get better.

Well, I'm still willing to give it another shot, mostly because SonicMario doesn't seem to think it's that bad, but I'm keeping my expectations low for now.

Nabber said:

"Not as good as the original" is not the same as "I didn't like it". I think A:TLA is far and away better then Korra, but I still like Korra regardless.

One thing I've noticed is that the music style seems different. Another thing I've thought of: Appa was supposed to be the last Sky Bison. So how does Tenzin or whatever his name was have a different Sky Bison?

Also, add the travelling musicians to my list of favorite characters.

Epic Nitwit said:
One thing I've noticed is that the music style seems different. Another thing I've thought of: Appa was supposed to be the last Sky Bison. So how does Tenzin or whatever his name was have a different Sky Bison?

The Track Team also does the music for Korra. So they didn't change the music group at all if that's what you were thinking. Again they based the whole environment of Korra to be like the 1920's. So some of the music is made to represent some of the music you'd think would come out of the 20s or even the 30s and 40s.

Yeah asspullish as it sounds, they explain that after the war ended. Aang found a new herd somewhere while traveling the world. I understand how odd that sounds though.

Northern Verve said:
Epic Nitwit said:

The Track Team also does the music for Korra. So they didn't change the music group at all if that's what you were thinking. Again they based the whole environment of Korra to be like the 1920's. So some of the music is made to represent some of the music you'd think would come out of the 20s or even the 30s and 40s.

I hadn't thought of whether or not it was a different music group, I had just noticed that the music style was one of the many things that changed.

Finally done with my review of The Legend of Korra. There's a bit of slack on italics in here since it wasn't written in BCCode or whatever but I trust that you'll know what I mean.
Nope.

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this in an earlier post, but I had a sequel like Legend of Korra in my head before it ever existed.

Although the only thing that's similar is the non-bending revolution. I think that's why I was so disappointed in the season 1 finale, considering the way they finished that plot thread.

I would think about writing my ideas down, but I can't really write fanfiction. And there are some gaps in my story where I don't know what will happen.

Blue Paratroopa said:
That was really long
I'm really sad that I had five single-spaced pages worth of things to say against Korra. No show should have to be this flawed.

Back