Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra

If you could choose what kind of Bender you'd be. What element would you choose?

• Waterbender

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Earthbender

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Firebender

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Airbender

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Non-Bender

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
Otachi said:
When does book 2 start? I just finished TLA and I want to finish Korra before the next season starts.

There's no specific date yet. But it will be sometime in September. Given they usually aired on Saturdays. You have until either September 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th.

Northern Verve said:
We're getting closer and closer to the start of Book 2 of Korra.

But anyway Doug Walker (AKA the Nostalgia Critic) finished seeing the series. And he loves it, absolutely loves it.

To the point he said it tops Daria as his favorite TV show. Don't forget, he chose Daria as his #1 out of ALL TIME. Which included other favorites of his including the Batman Animated series, South Park, and Animaniacs

That's actually quite amazing for a show that he just started to watch not too long ago.
I'm actually quite curious what makes him think Korra is better than Avatar.

Nabber said:
Northern Verve said:
We're getting closer and closer to the start of Book 2 of Korra.

But anyway Doug Walker (AKA the Nostalgia Critic) finished seeing the series. And he loves it, absolutely loves it.

To the point he said it tops Daria as his favorite TV show. Don't forget, he chose Daria as his #1 out of ALL TIME. Which included other favorites of his including the Batman Animated series, South Park, and Animaniacs

That's actually quite amazing for a show that he just started to watch not too long ago.
I'm actually quite curious what makes him think Korra is better than Avatar.
He hasn't started watching Korra yet.

Oh, you mean he thought Avatar was the best series. I'm sorry, I thought he was talking about Korra.

I just finished the second episode of Korra and I'm about to start the third. I have a question though. How the hell does Tenzin have a sky bison? Aren't they extinct?

Otachi said:
I just finished the second episode of Korra and I'm about to start the third. I have a question though. How the hell does Tenzin have a sky bison? Aren't they extinct?

Haven't you heard of cloning?

[quote author=da wiki(a)]After the Air Nomad Genocide, Appa was believed to be the last of the flying bison. However, during his adventures after the Hundred Year War, Aang discovered a new herd. Currently, a colony of healthy bison reside on Air Temple Island.[4][/quote]

Okay. Just finished the third episode of Korra. I'm liking this Amon guy, he's an intimidating villain.
Also, Mako's backstory is essentially Batman with firebending. He's even the same age as Bruce Wayne was when he saw his parents die.

Besides that. I guess Bolin could be a younger Alfred.
Just finished the fourth and fifth episodes. About to start the sixth. I'll be honest, I don't like love triangles. They're cliched and done to death. I hope it doesn't become a reaccuring thing. I'm assuming there's already a shipping war going on.

The fifth episode is really the only one that's basically all about the Love triangle. And while I still like Korra I have to admit the romance focus just kinda ruins part of the first season. It unfortunately kinda comes back a few times through the next episodes and not really much of a payoff.

A:TLA had some romance but it never distracted from the main plot of the series. Korra kinda took it a bit too far.

what really bothers me is that Korra devoted a whole episode to the love quadrangle/triangle whatever when it couldn't afford to do so

the pacing was already being strained, so why did they have to make such a pointless episode

Glad to know the love triangle won;t be sticking around. Anyway,I finished the sixth episode. I love how Tenzin was starting to get into it and getting angry at the ref. Reminds me of when Sokka was watching the Boulder. As I stated earlier, I like Amon as a villain. Here's the second most intimidating villain in this universe so far. Azula is still the most threatening. She was scary as hell.

EDIT: I've now seen the seventh episodes.
HOLY SHIT HIROSHI'S EVIL! It's great to see Tenzin actually start to fight. I need to see some Airbending slice! Also, Bloodbending. Good God that creeps me out. Just the idea if it makes me shutter. Also, I'm suspicious about Tarrlock. Is he Amon? If he is, don't tell me. I'm probably wrong though.

Say, you said you completed A:TLA but don't you have any general show thoughts to talk about? Or are you waiting until you finish Korra as well to get to that?

General show thoughts?

What is there to say that hasn't been said? It's an amazing show. Memorable characters, outstanding action sequences, great music, incredible voice acting, the list goes on. I'll even admit, Avatar made me cry. When Iroh sings his song to Lu Ten, I began to cry. The only other time I've ever cried during a TV show was Goku's goodbye in the Cell saga. Even then, it was just a couple of tears. I'm glad I decided to watch this how. It has become one of my favorite shows.

I also watched episode 9 of Korra. It's great to see the old Team Avatar as adults.
They're doing a really good job with Amon. He's proving to be a great villain. Heck, this guy is able to walk while he's being bloodbent.

Man, IDK if I've said this in this thread yet but when Avatar first came out I never gave it a chance. (Probably because it was marketed as "HURR DIS IS LIEK ANIME" and it repelled me from the show.) But then with all the talk about Korra I finally went back and watched every episode of Avatar (the Brave Soldier Boy song on Tales of Ba Sing Se makes me crie everytime) so I could watch Korra. Both Avatar and Book One of Korra were amazing. Somehow when I watched all three books of Avatar and then the first book of Korra all in a row for the first time I didn't have the critiques about Korra that others had. It all felt like one big show to me (even with the giant time leap.)

Can't wait for Book Two.

Nabber said:
am I the only one who doesn't base how good a villain is on how overpowered they are
I don't like him because he's extremely powerful. He's a good villain because he's smart. That's why I love the Avatar villains. They're manipulating, sadistic, and they plan out every move of their enemies. Yeah, standing up to bloodbending is a little OP, but it shows that Amon is not a foe to be taken lightly and is a force to be reckoned with.

I also watched the tenth episode just now. I think Lin is one of my favorite characters now. Also, that general at the end. My reaction:
48569325_omg_reaction_gif.gif

See, my problem with Amon was that, unlike the villains in Avatar, he felt like he had no character. With peopel like Zuko and Azula - hell, even a little bit with Ozai - you see their backstories, their emotions, what makes them tick. You don't get very much of that with Amon, and what you do get is rather insufficient.

I think, in the end, one of the things I really didn't like about Korra was that it failed to provoke emotion in me.

Back