Playable 3rd Party Characters

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Since Sonic and Snake have been included in Brawl, I thought it would be nice to discuss any potential 3rd party characters that could be playable in the next Super Smash Bros.

inb4some1sezMegaman

Regarding Mega Man, I'd like Mega Man, Proto Man (preferably Classic or Battle Network) and Roll using her Powered Up design with all of her alternate costumes.

As for Sonic, I'm sure you guys already know who I want.

Shadow or Knuckles from Sonic. And Mega Man or someone else from the MM games.

Other than that I can't think of anything.

Kick Buttowski said:
inb4some1sezMegaman
Now who on Earth could you be referring to? :P

Someone wants Roll instead of Bass. Does not compute.

I want Sonic to return along with Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. Eggman in his Sonic 2 Death Egg Robot suit.
Sonic-Generations-Death-Egg-Robot-Artwork-1024x840.jpg

I also want Mega Man, Proto Man and Bass, especially since Sakurai already confirmed the possibility of third-party characters from Capcom for the next Smash Bros.

Magus said:
Someone wants Roll instead of Bass. Does not compute.

IMO, Bass is a little bit over-powered at least in Battle Network.

Plus, Roll's cute and we could use more female characters.

Besides Megaman, I'd also like to see Ryu (Final Smash: Hadoken!) and Phoenix Wright (Final Smash: Objection!)

Sonic and Snake to return. Plus Megaman and a mystery 3rd Party character from a different company besides Sega, Konami, and Capcom (Probably Square Enix) is what I imagine is most likely to happen.

In a dream scenario where Sonic can get a 2nd character: Tails or Knuckles. No exceptions.

Northern Verve said:

After Pokemon Trainer was announced for Brawl, I had a weird dream that Jaden from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX was playable and he would switch between Winged Kuriboh, Elemental Hero Neos, and a third monster and his final smash was Winged Kuriboh LV 10. It would certainly be interesting if any Yu-Gi-Oh! refrences are made in the next SSB.

I would like Pac Man, Crash, Spyro, and something with Yu Gi Oh. There's too many cards though, and I didn't like Pokemon Trainer so it's unlikely. I love any kind of Kuriboh though. It'd be cool if something like that was in it.

EDIT: I thought of something kinda stupid, but it'd be funny to see an Angry Bird..... Now I kinda want it just to see it

as a third party from outside, firstly I don't think Sonic and Snake can get multiple places, while Nintendo rather give the chances to other games or companies

I guess there would probably be SE company, who worked with Nintendo in Mix Sports, they may give a FF or DQ character; others would be Caapcom, which features famous Street Fighter and Mega Man (though similar with Samus' suit).

because this is Nintendo Smash, I think there won't be to much exterior characters unless Sonic and Snake quit in Smash 4. Probably four places for 3rd party.

Kick Buttowski said:
I had a weird dream that Jaden from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX was playable
firstly you have to think this is originally a manga series published by Shueisha in Japan, the copyright belongs to the publisher and animation corporate; though Nintendo released other manga-adapted games such as One Piece Wii, but since this is another dimension (jist like Marvel VS Capcom), it's not same as Sonic and Snake. It's still possible if Nintendo is willing to.

I would like Professor Layton to be playable. Shulk and Fiora from Xenoblade would be awesome too.

Pyro said:
Northern Verve said:
Tails or Knuckles. No exceptions.
Heck.

Heh? That's just what I think should be the case if in a dream scenario (I'm saying Dream scenario because I know it's very unlikely) the Sonic series is allowed one more playable character.

My more realistic guess is Sonic and Snake both returning, along with Megaman and a Square Enix character of some sort.

For the next one, the only playable characters I'd like to see that are owned by a third party are Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, and Geno.

If not Mega Man, I wouldn't mind seeing Ryu from Street Fighter, because Capcom LOVES using him in all the fighting games.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Black Mage instead of Geno, personally.

Smashgoom202 said:
For the next one, the only playable characters I'd like to see that are owned by a third party are Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, and Geno.

If not Mega Man, I wouldn't mind seeing Ryu from Street Fighter, because Capcom LOVES using him in all the fighting games.

I'm pretty sure the target audience for Smash Bros. doesn't even know who Geno is, anyways.

Evil Magikrazy said:
Smashgoom202 said:

I'm pretty sure the target audience for Smash Bros. doesn't even know who Geno is, anyways.

You could argue that the target audience didn't know Mr. Game and Watch until Melee either. But yeah.

Though in addition. If Geno really counts as 3rd Party and Nintendo has to ask Square-Enix for him. I think they'd rather go with either a Final Fantasy or a Dragon Quest character rather then Geno.

Northern Verve said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Smashgoom202 said:

You could argue that the target audience didn't know Mr. Game and Watch until Melee either. But yeah.

Though in addition. If Geno really counts as 3rd Party and Nintendo has to ask Square-Enix for him. I think they'd rather go with either a Final Fantasy or a Dragon Quest character rather then Geno.
Or Kingdom Hea-*gets shot* (I'd still love it if Sora was in SSB. No, I'm not someone who would think it would be good to mix Disney with Smash Bros, I mean just Sora.)

I'd love to see Mega Man and Phoenix Wright in SSB sometime. Bass and Proto Man would also be good from Mega Man.

As for Sonic characters, I'd personally like to see Sonic and Knuckles, but not really Tails.

Ryu would be good to see. I'd also quite like Black Mage, and, of course, Snake.

Kingdom Hearts would be kinda complicated because they got to enlist Disney as well. Which might be tricky of Nintendo to do since for the most part they've put in only characters from series that are video games.

Rainbow Dash said:
No naruto and goku please.

especially naruto and goku.

And I'm pretty darn sure everyone has the common sense that this will never happen in a Smash Bros. game.

Weird thought I had this morning; What if every version of Mega Man was playable? (Classic, X, Legends, Battle Network, Star Force)

Buster Baxter said:
Weird thought I had this morning; What if every version of Mega Man was playable? (Classic, X, Legends, Battle Network, Star Force)

If you mean like they're all their own seperate characters. Then no, impossible. If you mean like Alternate Costumes. Maybe.

Back