a rant about the Fire type starters

Dr. Javelin said:
Well personally I would just use Chandelure, but he shuts down pretty much every Fire type so...
Well then, how about giving it a hot air balloon that sprouts from it's back, which is powered by the heat from it's mane? That cold give it a Levitate ability.

Wait you're talking about a lion

ohhhh

That's a dumb idea for Fire/Steel, I was imagining some sort of fire-breathing robot or dragon or tank or something.

Steel lion?

laff

Also Fire/Water is going to be the best idea out of all of them.

Dr. Javelin said:

ohhhh

That's a dumb idea for Fire/Steel, I was imagining some sort of fire-breathing robot or dragon or tank or something.

Steel lion?

laff

You seriously just found out now that it's a lion? Still, I think it's a cool idea.

Dr. Javelin said:

ohhhh

And Lucario being Steel/Fighting isn't a dumb idea for Steel/Fighting?

A lion would be better as just a Fire-type.

The problem arises when you realize that it would look strikingly similiar to a certain Pokemon called Flareon.

In fact, you would need to pick a type that doesn't have an Eeveelution in order to make it different.
Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Javelin said:

ohhhh

Lucario is too awesome to be dumb. He's like the Chuck Norris of Pokemon.

NOT

Eh, I would prefer it if Game Freak didn't repeat mistakes instead of using them as precedents for continued stupidity.

Dr. Javelin said:

so wait javelin supports my type combination despite me being a brony.

cool beans

Dr. Javelin said:

The problem arises when you realize that it would look strikingly similiar to a certain Pokemon called Flareon.

In fact, you would need to pick a type that doesn't have an Eeveelution in order to make it different.
Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Javelin said:

ohhhh

NOT

Eh, I would prefer it if Game Freak didn't repeat mistakes instead of using them as precedents for continued stupidity.

Lucario isn't dumb himself. Only the typing itself, even if it's a good typing.

Yeah, I agree with your last sentence

Rainbow Dash said:
Dr. Javelin said:

so wait javelin supports my type combination despite me being a brony.

cool beans
Hey

I don't hate anyone just because they're a brony. I even respect SM who is the chief brony.

I really need to debunk this myth that I hate all bronies. Just the stupid, spammy, or annoying ones.

I'll let you decide what category PTR and UM fall into

Dr. Javelin said:

Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Javelin said:

ohhhh

NOT

Which is exactly why I said to give it a fire mane and tail tip and a hot air balloon back to give it a Levitate ability. Might look dumb, but it'll work great in battles. And I happen to like Lucario, by the way.

But yes, I can agree that I wouldn't want Game Freak to take the chance of repeating the same mistake either.

Super Mario the Hedgehog said:
Which is exactly why I said to give it a fire mane and tail tip and a hot air balloon back to give it a Levitate ability. Might look dumb, but it'll work great in battles.
Stats are still the most important aspect of a Pokemon.

Look at Volcarona, a 4x weakness to SR is atrocious and yet it's still the most vicious sweeper in OU.

Except maybe Terrakion and Excadrill.

Dr. Javelin said:
Which is exactly why I said to give it a fire mane and tail tip and a hot air balloon back to give it a Levitate ability. Might look dumb, but it'll work great in battles.

Look at Volcarona, a 4x weakness to SR is atrocious and yet it's still the most vicious sweeper in OU.

I know for a fact Excadrill is in uber.

Dr. Javelin said:

Hold on a sec, first you tell me it's a bad idea because it's a Fire/Steel type and then I gave it a Levitate ability by attaching a hot air balloon. Then you said it'd look too much like Flareon, but I gave it a fire mane and tail tip. And now you're telling me they don't matter that much because of stats when you were saying the exact opposite a while ago. You must REALLY not like my idea, don't you?

Stats are my trump card. ^_^

I figured I'd challenge you on appearance, but then you admitted that it would look dumb, which meant that you didn't care about appearance, so I challenged you on stats.

Dr. Javelin said:
Stats are my trump card. ^_^

I figured I'd challenge you on appearance, but then you admitted that it would look dumb, which meant that you didn't care about appearance, so I challenged you on stats.
Heh, well played. Just don't go switching topics like that when I've provided multiple potential, just say you wouldn't like it. I'd be down with that.

I'd like to see a Fire/Ghost type starter. Perhaps a floating fireball with eyes (I'd call it Willwisp).

Back