a rant about the Fire type starters

Super Mario the Hedgehog said:
Kick Buttowski said:
Maybe a penguin? They normally live in cold places, but I once saw a video in Biology class that showed penguins on a tropical island. Of course, penguins have already been done before.
Yeah, I would pretty much prefer an unused animal.
Platypus. 'Nuff said.

Kick Buttowski said:
No, Platypus should be water/fighting :3
This actually makes sense, and I want that for the next Water starter!

So, this may be crazy, but how about a Fire bird starter that you know, can actually fly for once?

But seriously, how about a lion starter that's a fire type and has a burning mane and having the double type of being steel because of having indestructible claws and such? It'd be epic and unexpected at the same time!

Anything other than Fire/Fighting is good. Charmander in First Gen was the only Fire Starter I've chosen (Typhlosion is good but it's overrated and overused)

But seriously, how about a lion starter that's a fire type and has a burning mane and having the double type of being steel because of having indestructible claws and such? It'd be epic and unexpected at the same time!

cool

Fire_Lion_SSU.jpg
?

Pinkie Pie said:
Fire_Lion_SSU.jpg
?
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Seriously, that would totally become my second favorite starter! (Infernape's my first because I freaking love monkeys to death and I love Fire types at the sometime)

Fire Lion is a great idea! As long as it's not Fire/Fighting....

You know, I actually think that the fire-type starters are the best, there's Charmander/Charizared, Cyndiquill/Typhlosion, Torchic/Blazikan, and Tepig/Whatever he evolves into. They are all so much more awesome exept for Cynduill (which the other two starters are very, very awesome too.)

DragonFreak said:
They are all so much more awesome exept for Cynduill

HEY WOAH WOAH WOAH ARE YOU SAYING WHAT I THINK YOU'RE SAYING

DragonFreak said:
MCD said:
DragonFreak said:
They are all so much more awesome exept for Cynduill

HEY WOAH WOAH WOAH ARE YOU SAYING WHAT I THINK YOU'RE SAYING
Probably not, except for the misspelling. It should be Cyndiquill or something more similar to that.

THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT

ARE YOU CRITICIZING CYNDAQUIL

Baby Luigi said:
No, I want it to be Fire/Steel. Way more epic and original.
If it has Levitate, sure.

Otherwise I'll have to use an Air Balloon.

Also it needs to actually be good.

Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Luigi said:

Hey, were just talking about typing here. Abilities and moves are still far off. As for the Ground double advantage, yes, that would be bad. But at least it has a chance of actually getting a decent hit at Rock types.

Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Luigi said:

Hey, were just talking about typing here. Abilities and moves are still far off. As for the Ground double advantage, yes, that would be bad. But at least it has a chance of actually getting a decent hit at Rock types.
Terrakion smushes it with Close Combat.

Rainbow Dash said:
Fire/Water.

that's all I can say.
Now that would be interesting. Some sort of bipolar Pokemon that looks like Sollux?

Dr. Javelin said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Luigi said:

Terrakion smushes it with Close Combat.

Rainbow Dash said:
Fire/Water.

that's all I can say.
Now that would be interesting. Some sort of bipolar Pokemon that looks like Sollux?
Not to mention open the gate for dealing good damage towards Dragon types. The typing gives a great chance at getting back at all of the old Fire disadvantages, but opens up some entirely new weaknesses. Kind of a double-edged sword when you think about it, but I'd honestly be okay with that.

Back