a rant about the Fire type starters

It's still awful.

Only super effective against Grass? Ouch.

Crobat is not that great, he's alright though.

And the only reason Tentacruel is good is because of Rain Dish.

How many people use Gengar's Poison type to attack?

Gengar would be the exact same Pokemon if he was just Ghost type.

MCD said:
DragonFreak said:
MCD said:
DragonFreak said:
They are all so much more awesome exept for Cynduill

HEY WOAH WOAH WOAH ARE YOU SAYING WHAT I THINK YOU'RE SAYING
Probably not, except for the misspelling. It should be Cyndiquill or something more similar to that.

THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT

ARE YOU CRITICIZING CYNDAQUIL
Nope, in fact he's awesome. It's just that Chikorita and that other water starter Pokemon (I'm not even going to attempt to spell it) are also very awesome starter Pokemon. That's part of the reason why the Jhoto region is my favorite.

Cyndaquill is probably the strongest of the 3, but it's overused. Thats why I like Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr (Yes, thats how you spell Feraligatr)

It is indeed ironic that the only fully evolved pure fire type starter we have is Typhlosion (especially considering that we now have five fire type starters). I agree that making Tepig's evolutions into a dual type of fire/fighting was indeed ridiculous considering that the specific dual type had already been twice for the last two starters. No need to repeat the concept especially since the extra fighting type is not needed. I remember that quite a few people were disappointed to find out that Tepig had become another Blaziken/Infernape (though a much slower one).

I personally hope that we do receive a pure fire type in the next generation or at least one that does not keep the same dual type of fire/fighting. In terms of what that Pokemon may be based on, I remember that there was a theory proposed that the fire type starters were based off the 12 animals from the Chinese Zodiac. We currently have a dragon (Charizard), rat (Cyndaquil has been mentioned to being a mouse like rodent), rooster (Blaziken), monkey (Infernape), and pig (Emboar). If we go by this route that means the next fire type starter could possibly be one of these animals: Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Snake, Horse, Sheep/Ram, or Dog. Now of course, this is all speculation; however, it could be likely that the choices of the fire type starters originated from somewhere...

I really hope that the next starter is Fire/Flying. I've always wanted that type combo.

Kirby said:
MCD said:
Why can't they do what they did with the Cyndaquil line, and make it start off as a dual-type: Fire and Awesome?
I agree as well

Ultraluigi said:
I really hope that the next starter is Fire/Flying. I've always wanted that type combo.
The words Charizard and Moltres come to mind.

Honestly, kids these days don't even know what Charizard is. It's sad.

Propeller Toad said:
It is indeed ironic that the only fully evolved pure fire type starter we have is Typhlosion (especially considering that we now have five fire type starters). I agree that making Tepig's evolutions into a dual type of fire/fighting was indeed ridiculous considering that the specific dual type had already been twice for the last two starters. No need to repeat the concept especially since the extra fighting type is not needed. I remember that quite a few people were disappointed to find out that Tepig had become another Blaziken/Infernape (though a much slower one).

I personally hope that we do receive a pure fire type in the next generation or at least one that does not keep the same dual type of fire/fighting. In terms of what that Pokemon may be based on, I remember that there was a theory proposed that the fire type starters were based off the 12 animals from the Chinese Zodiac. We currently have a dragon (Charizard), rat (Cyndaquil has been mentioned to being a mouse like rodent), rooster (Blaziken), monkey (Infernape), and pig (Emboar). If we go by this route that means the next fire type starter could possibly be one of these animals: Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Snake, Horse, Sheep/Ram, or Dog. Now of course, this is all speculation; however, it could be likely that the choices of the fire type starters originated from somewhere...
FIRE SNAKE

FIRE SNAKE

FIRE SNAKE

MOTHER FUCKING FIRE SNAKE

And this is one of those times.

Hmmm, going along with what Propeller Toad said, that's an interesting theory.

Propeller Toad said:

Awesome theory. Could be a complete coincidence if it was anything else but Japan.

Kirby said:
Ultraluigi said:
Y U FORGET ABOUT CHARIZARD
Maybe he was talking about the first phase having the ability to fly.

Dr. Javelin said:
Honestly, kids these days don't even know what Charizard is. It's sad.
I agree.

Back