Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Why can't you own your own shop in animal crossing? (Re-Tail doesn't count)

Cynthia said:
Wild World is actually one of my favorites, but that's mostly because it was my first.
Same here.

Also, I can't be the only one who got it cuz of Smash Bros., can't I?

these main character's in animal crossing are really lucky. they suddenly get to become the mayor of the town they just moved into. what's next, do we get to be the president of animerica? (yes, that's what i am calling it.)

I never liked the animal crossing series. Ithink it's nintendo's weakest, more taylored to little kids and people who hate Sims. I have family that love the series and go crazy when a new game comes out though.

Electro Specter said:
Saw that. Looks pretty good.

Geno said:
I never liked the animal crossing series. Ithink it's nintendo's weakest, more taylored to little kids and people who hate Sims. I have family that love the series and go crazy when a new game comes out though.
Actually, when surveyed, more women actually played animal crossing.

But I love Sims, probably more than this, and I'm 14, so.....

I like the music from animal crossing. Smashville is cool as well(even though it's smash bros)

I get a feeling this game is going to sell like hotcakes.

Did you see the official website has Facebook covers AND a twitter page? It seems like Nintendo's caught up to the social media thing.

It's kind of sad that I'm just now stumbling on the daily videos from the Nintendo Treehouse, but they make the game seem more and more interesting with each passing day.

Purple Yoshi said:
I get a feeling this game is going to sell like hotcakes.

Considering it sold out within days of its Japanese launch back in November, you might be right.

I think I'll end up naming my town "Chon'sin", or maybe "Valm".

(I really need to stop looking at pattern sites, now I'm all hyped again.)

So excited.

Some of the names I have wanted have been passed down. (I think you can only have a max of 8 characters).

Ylissetol is 9, so I can't do that. I'm thinking of going with Hyrule, or something.

ylisstol is the correct spelling anyway

My body is ready.

I'm glad they increased the pattern limit, although they probably could've gone the extra mile and increased it by more than just two.

It's something, at least.

I feel like I should buy this since I haven't really played much Animal Crossing. I played a bit of my friends DS one once but thats about it.

What's the point of Dream Suite? Being able to fuck with other towns without consequence?

New Super Mario said:
Mario4Ever said:
What's the point of Dream Suite? Being able to *bleep* with other towns without consequence?
So far, the only thing I've seen worth using for is being able to take patterns back with you.

Yeah, it's dumb how they don't let you take items with you.

Also, I don't like the Best Buy DLC idea. Mostly because they gave them really crappy stuff.

Anyway, I am exited for the game anyway. I can't wait to become mayor and take over the entire village make everything the way I want it to be.

Mario4Ever said:
What's the point of Dream Suite? Being able to fuck with other towns without consequence?

Something like that.

To my knowledge you can update your town in a suspended state, which I believe even keeps things like the time of day/season intact. So if you decided to chop down all your trees, trample all your flowers and then time travel 100 years into the future, your pre-apocalypse town would be the one to appear in dreams. (Plus you get 5,000 bells when you update your town, so that's cool.)

Additionally, your dream town isn't limited to people on your friend's list, so if you wanted to, you could visit a random person's town, or a specific person's town if you have their dream code.

If you support a villager moving out and such, they often move to other friend's towns.

Sounds pretty cool I think, since I'll be able to give all my bad villagers to you guys. :evilgrin:

Back