My Toshiba laptop (with Windows Vista) is failing to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraMario

Donkey Kong
"Window Error Recovery
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

If Windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, Startup Repair can help fix the problem. If power was interrupted during startup, choose Start Windows Normally."

What do I do now? D:.

Try taking out the battery and replacing it.
Also, elevate it to let it vent.

Put it on top of a book or something. Often, if it is close to the ground or table or desk, then it won't be able to vent properly and will overheat.

Discord said:
Put it on top of a book or something. Often, if it is close to the ground or table or desk, then it won't be able to vent properly and will overheat.
Ok, but how does the battery have any relation to Windows failing to startup?

Well, the problem is as follows:

When I try startup repair or start windows normally, it first goes to the normal loading screen. Then, it just turns black. After a couple of minutes, a blue screen will pop up for 3 seconds. Then, returning back to the original screen I quoted in the first post.

Pinkie Pie said:
Well, the problem is as follows:

When I try startup repair or start windows normally, it first goes to the normal loading screen. Then, it just turns black. After a couple of minutes, a blue screen will pop up for 3 seconds. Then, returning back to the original screen I quoted in the first post.

Did you turn it off during a start up repair? If so, that's really bad. Might want to try a system restore as a last resort, but idk, ask others for advice first.

Pinkie Pie said:
Pinkie Pie said:
Startup Repair now works, but I'm not sure how to use it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/startup-repair

That should help

I think it's the hard drive that's causing this. I dropped my laptop the other day. Should I take it out and put it back in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back