Frozen (Disney's The Snow Queen adaption)

Thrawn said:
no man christof was the only reason the anna parts were enjoyable, because otherwise there would have been no one to point out why what she was doing was dumb

Then obviously you are being too narrow-minded about this whole thing because you don't seem to understand that people can succeed in what they are doing, even if indirectly. She to find her sister, and that is what she did. She found her, and while she did not get her sister back, she managed to reason with her. And it's not her fault that her sister made a giant snow monster that they fled from.

And she would have gone back had Kristoff not taken her to her family, and found out that she was slowly dying from the ice within her heart. She needed to save her life, as for if she did not stay alive, then there was no point in trying to save her sister. They made it back to the castle, only for her to be tricked by Hans, in which he locked her up and she was left to basically die of her curse.

Yet, even though as she was dying, she still managed to go out and look for Kristoff to save her life. She stumbled into a blizzard, her body slowly freezing over, her life growing dimmer by the second. Yet she's doing this because she wants to make things right! She wants to save her sister, she wants to bring back summer that Elsa has shrouded with an icy storm. Even with everything against her, she is following her heart and trying to make everything right, especially with her sister. She just wants to have a bond with her sister after all those years locked away from each other.

You can call it dumb, but it's these acts that she does that makes it worthwhile, because in the end, she sacrificed herself in order to save her sister that she loves more than anything in the world, even herself. Her actions lead to her breaking the curse that was inflicted upon her, and it gave Elsa the answer they all needed to remove all the snow that has been casted upon the land. It was through Anna's doings that any of this was possible.

If it was not for Anna's actions, winter would still be raging on, completely killing off all the people. If it was not for Anna's sacrifice, Hans would have killed Elsa as she froze to death. If it was not for Anna desire for love, she would have never met Kristoff who helped her through the stuff and for her to go after her sister to try to help her and support her and to bring back summer. Heck, it if wasn't for Anna's stubbornness, Elsa would be keeping herself locked up from everyone, and Anna would be unable to enjoy having the gates again for the rest of their lives.

So please, reiterate what exactly Anna did that was dumb? She allowed her sister the chance to no longer hide her powers, she got the gates to stay open, she managed to break the curse that was inflicted upon her, she managed to save Elsa's life from Hans, she managed to find the true love that she was looking for, she managed to teach Elsa how powerful love is, and she brought back summer that Elsa accidentally got rid of. Yep, 100% stupid on her part. Arrendelle should have been left to be killed off by the harsh cold that Elsa had created. That's DEFINITELY the smart move on everyone's part.

Anna said:
Thrawn said:
no man christof was the only reason the anna parts were enjoyable, because otherwise there would have been no one to point out why what she was doing was dumb

Then obviously you are being too narrow-minded about this whole thing because you don't seem to understand that people can succeed in what they are doing, even if indirectly. She to find her sister, and that is what she did. She found her, and while she did not get her sister back, she managed to reason with her. And it's not her fault that her sister made a giant snow monster that they fled from.

And she would have gone back had Kristoff not taken her to her family, and found out that she was slowly dying from the ice within her heart. She needed to save her life, as for if she did not stay alive, then there was no point in trying to save her sister. They made it back to the castle, only for her to be tricked by Hans, in which he locked her up and she was left to basically die of her curse.

Yet, even though as she was dying, she still managed to go out and look for Kristoff to save her life. She stumbled into a blizzard, her body slowly freezing over, her life growing dimmer by the second. Yet she's doing this because she wants to make things right! She wants to save her sister, she wants to bring back summer that Elsa has shrouded with an icy storm. Even with everything against her, she is following her heart and trying to make everything right, especially with her sister. She just wants to have a bond with her sister after all those years locked away from each other.

You can call it dumb, but it's these acts that she does that makes it worthwhile, because in the end, she sacrificed herself in order to save her sister that she loves more than anything in the world, even herself. Her actions lead to her breaking the curse that was inflicted upon her, and it gave Elsa the answer they all needed to remove all the snow that has been casted upon the land. It was through Anna's doings that any of this was possible.

If it was not for Anna's actions, winter would still be raging on, completely killing off all the people. If it was not for Anna's sacrifice, Hans would have killed Elsa as she froze to death. If it was not for Anna desire for love, she would have never met Kristoff who helped her through the stuff and for her to go after her sister to try to help her and support her and to bring back summer. Heck, it if wasn't for Anna's stubbornness, Elsa would be keeping herself locked up from everyone, and Anna would be unable to enjoy having the gates again for the rest of their lives.

So please, reiterate what exactly Anna did that was dumb? She allowed her sister the chance to no longer hide her powers, she got the gates to stay open, she managed to break the curse that was inflicted upon her, she managed to save Elsa's life from Hans, she managed to find the true love that she was looking for, she managed to teach Elsa how powerful love is, and she brought back summer that Elsa accidentally got rid of. Yep, 100% stupid on her part. Arrendelle should have been left to be killed off by the harsh cold that Elsa had created. That's DEFINITELY the smart move on everyone's part.
well you're taking this in a totally different direction but let me explain what i was saying

i was saying that the parts where anna is bumbling around the mountain trying to find elsa would have been boring if not for christof pointing out the various flaws in her plans
Elsa said:
Olaf said:
Christoff
Thrawn said:
KRISTOFF
eh, who cares. you knew who i was talking about

Thrawn said:
Anna said:
Thrawn said:
well you're taking this in a totally different direction but let me explain what i was saying

i was saying that the parts where anna is bumbling around the mountain trying to find elsa would have been boring if not for christof pointing out the various flaws in her plans
...that's a problem?
that's why they have more than one character... the mountain scenes were meant to show kristoff's knowledge of the mountains and anna's determination and lack of preparation. yeah, it would have been boring without kristoph, but without anna, the scenes probably wouldn't even exist as they'd just cut to the castle (except maybe for the wolf chase scene)

kristoff wasn't generic. he was supposed to provide reason and sensibility into the story, yet he's reluctant to help anna because he doesn't like people.

yes, he's a bit flat, since he doesn't really change besides learning to trust people a bit more, but that's why he's not the main character

Olaf said:
Elsa said:
There's plenty of personality traits you can give a character.

hot head. squeamish. sassy. annoying. egotistical.

I mean, pick your poison, really.
And he was antisocial.

I mean, yeah, they could have had him be antisocial, hot-headed, squeamish, sassy, annoying, AND egotistical at the same time, but that'd just be stupid. The picked a trait and they went with it, and just because it's not the trait you would like to see doesn't mean he's a bad character.

He's not anti-social, just saying. There's a difference between being introverted and being anti-social.

Olaf said:
Elsa said:

so basically what you're saying is that you wanted him to have some sort of character flaw instead of just standing to the side making sarcastic comments to anna

i dunno, i feel like every naïve character should have someone being sarcastic about their idealism, if at least to make it humorous. anna's journey would have been rather dull if it was just her and an animal companion or something

Olaf said:
Elsa said:

That's... dumb. Does a character really need to have some sort of overbearing character trait for them to be considered "exciting", especially for one of the protagonists?

Time Turner said:
Olaf said:
Elsa said:

That's... dumb. Does a character really need to have some sort of overbearing character trait for them to be considered "exciting", especially for one of the protagonists?
Those were just examples, it doesn't have to be that overbearing.

I'm just saying they could have given him some more personality to make him more interesting, IMO.

...he had personality. I told you, he was sensible and introverted. Those were his character traits. I'm sorry if you don't count that as personality, but well that's his personality.

Elsa said:
...he had personality. I told you, he was sensible and introverted. Those were his character traits. I'm sorry if you don't count that as personality, but well that's his personality.
Gotta agree with Nabber (I think that's Nabber) on this one. A character doesn't need some sort of trait that's constantly present or flashy; it does not make them any less of a character.

Time Turner said:
Elsa said:
Gotta agree with Nabber (I think that's Nabber) on this one. A character doesn't need some sort of trait that's constantly present or flashy; it does not make them any less of a character.
I suppose. I just want more excitement from him lol

Olaf said:
Time Turner said:
Elsa said:
I personally like him the way he it. We already have Anna, full of excitement and joy, and Olaf, acting as the comic relief, so having a third character like that would just feel off-putting to me. He's kind of like a contrast to Anna, and I think that works.

btw does anyone have a sven theme because i will totally claim that

Time Turner said:
Elsa said:
Time Turner said:
Olaf said:
I personally like him the way he it. We already have Anna, full of excitement and joy, and Olaf, acting as the comic relief, so having a third character like that would just feel off-putting to me. He's kind of like a contrast to Anna, and I think that works.
I also liked him, and found him more downplayed than "flat", which is a good thing imo. He made a good straight man to Anna and Olaf with his common sense and actual dayjob - but, at the same time, he did have a silly side of his own (just ask Sven), and I thought how he dealt with being dragged into the adventure was well done too.

Time Turner said:
yes, exactly.

he demonstrates everything bad about anna, and it's great

Back