Frozen (Disney's The Snow Queen adaption)

well, it's not just that. her pointless cheerfulness does bother me a lot though

anna reminds me of the kind of person who whenever they meet someone they don't know (read: me) they immediately walk up to you and ask you all sorts of stupid, pointless questions, trying to establish a relationship with you for no particular reason whatsoever

these people bother me to no end

she also manages to be the young sibling who is always pestering their older sibling (read: me) and has no clue what the older sibling is doing even though the older sibling is doing something actually important, and they usually mess it up

there's a lot of room for character development with the younger sibling characters though, so that doesn't bother me quite as much (and indeed in this story anna has learned a lot about the real world by the end). with the cheerful ones, they always stay stupidly cheerful, and even if they go through a period in their life where they're just feeling down they always manage to perk up and be annoying eventually

the only purpose stupidly cheerful characters serve, in my opinion, is as a base for the sarcastic characters to make jokes off of. that is a purpose that they serve extremely well, and is why i genuinely enjoy spike's sarcastic comments to other characters in MLP despite (generally) disliking the rest of the show

Dr. Javelin said:
well, it's not just that. her pointless cheerfulness does bother me a lot though

anna reminds me of the kind of person who whenever they meet someone they don't know (read: me) they immediately walk up to you and ask you all sorts of stupid, pointless questions, trying to establish a relationship with you for no particular reason whatsoever

these people bother me to no end
...that's called being friendly, you know. it's one thing if you tell them to stop and they don't, but trying to be friends with people isn't exactly a character flaw...
Dr. Javelin said:
with the cheerful ones, they always stay stupidly cheerful, and even if they go through a period in their life where they're just feeling down they always manage to perk up and be annoying eventually
yes.

anna is always cheerful.

she never shows any negative emotions.

throughout the entire movie, there is never any pervading theme of unhappiness of loss in anna

she never feels betrayed or shut out

(spoiler in this image) and she is simply too annoying to be of any use

see, what makes anna - and all of the characters in this movie, really - a great character is that she's like a real person. yes, she's primarily optimistic, but that doesn't mean that she's all smiles and completely unaware to negativity. she's deeply wounded inside, and while she likes to hide that away, the fact of the matter is that she's not really happy.

I love Anna a lot because she reminds me of one of my sisters. Anna's character is a VERY real character to me.

And adding to Nabber's post:

I'm sure that she was all smiles again when she punched Hans in the face, and I'm sure that she was full of annoying happiness when she was being hit with the curse real bad. From the end of Fixer Upper to where she thaws out, there is just so much seriousness and worry in her. I'm sure that good 20+ minutes of the movie were just brimming full of cherriness from Anna.

Elsa said:
Dr. Javelin said:
with the cheerful ones, they always stay stupidly cheerful, and even if they go through a period in their life where they're just feeling down they always manage to perk up and be annoying eventually
yes.

anna is always cheerful.

she never shows any negative emotions.

throughout the entire movie, there is never any pervading theme of unhappiness of loss in anna

she never feels betrayed or shut out

(spoiler in this image) and she is simply too annoying to be of any use
you seem to be under the impression that i said anna was always cheerful. i don't see how you think that, when i already stated that cheerful characters such as anna often go through times where they aren't cheerful for a while

but at the end of the movie she's back to being the same exact annoying cheerful person she was at the beginning.
Elsa said:
see, what makes anna - and all of the characters in this movie, really - a great character is that she's like a real person.
imo she's the least real person in the movie, other than the CLEARLY NOT A BAD GUY old guy. but w/e

Dr. Javelin said:
but at the end of the movie she's back to being the same exact annoying cheerful person she was at the beginning.

imo she's the least real person in the movie, other than the CLEARLY NOT A BAD GUY old guy. but w/e

Omg, I'm so sorry that

Anna has finally found a relationship with her sister again after losing it for like what, 15 years? And the fact that she has never been happier to have her sister back in her life, and the gates open.

But you know, I guess that is something that we should instead sulk about. Definitely the right attitude we should had. No other option apparently.

And Anna is a very realistic sort of person. Maybe you need to bring examples of what a real person is? Because frankly, I don't see how she doesn't have a personality like a real person's.

she still irritates me for whatever reason, and no matter how we phrase it this discussion comes down to me not liking anna and you guys liking her

i think that's something we are going to continue to disagree on no matter what

Dr. Javelin said:
she still irritates me for whatever reason, and no matter how we phrase it this discussion comes down to me not liking anna and you guys liking her

i think that's something we are going to continue to disagree on no matter what
Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum.
What might be right for you may not be right for some.

*looks at posts*

Sorcery! I knew there was something dubious going on here!

Mario4Ever said:
*looks at posts*

Sorcery! I knew there was something dubious going on here!

well you could go with hikage since her emotions are... frozen solid.

I thought she was fine in that scene, personally.

Mario4Ever said:
I respect the idea, I have seen people complaining about the movie not properly establishing that Anna and Elsa truly love each other and are that connected, so an addition seen to drive that home would be nice. That being said, the I feel about this scene is the same way I feel about the deleted scenes of Wreck-It Ralph or WALL-E, the movies are already so good that the deleted scene just felt off/awkward... especially in the case of Wreck-It Ralph, where Ralph and Vanellope were apparently bonding over the murder and/or violent, gruesome death of Taffyta... Yeah...

But as for this scene, I didn't like how Elsa flatly said "no, you're not wearing that", kind of made her seem... well, cold. Still, I liked that they showed each other getting along well. :)

Smashgoom202 said:
Mario4Ever said:
I respect the idea, I have seen people complaining about the movie not properly establishing that Anna and Elsa truly love each other and are that connected, so an addition seen to drive that home would be nice. That being said, the I feel about this scene is the same way I feel about the deleted scenes of Wreck-It Ralph or WALL-E, the movies are already so good that the deleted scene just felt off/awkward... especially in the case of Wreck-It Ralph, where Ralph and Vanellope were apparently bonding over the murder and/or violent, gruesome death of Taffyta... Yeah...

But as for this scene, I didn't like how Elsa flatly said "no, you're not wearing that", kind of made her seem... well, cold. Still, I liked that they showed each other getting along well. :)

I died laughing at that last part.

They should have something like this in the sequel. I think it would really go nicely with the first movie and whatever they plan in the second.

Back