Super Mario World

MCS

Donkey Kong
Who here has played Super Mario World? I always play it on my SNES emulator, and it's super fun. I'm on the Forest of Illusion currently.

I have it on the SNES and also own the GBA version. It's a fantastic game, one of my favorites on the SNES.

I didn't really like the second game as much as the original to be honest. Not to say that it wasn't a bad game, just not one of my favorites.

I have it on the GBA port and I enjoyed it. I got all the dragon coins.

Baby Luigi said:

UltraMario said the dragon coins were like Star Coins, but I'm not sure about that. When you collect them, they re-appear if you revisit the level.

Nega-Man said:
Baby Luigi said:

UltraMario said the dragon coins were like Star Coins, but I'm not sure about that. When you collect them, they re-appear if you revisit the level.

You must collect all of them in one go in a level if you want the reward of completion.

Correct. there will just be hollowed out versions of them in their place, IIRC. Something like that

The Dragon Coins (in the GBA version anyway) will reappear as Peach coins once you grabbed all the Dragon Coins

I remember playing it on my SNES emulator, I found a way to get to Star Road, or whatever it's called, and then used secret exits and made my way thourgh the whole place, unlocking the way to the front door, and the second secret world, which I tried to play through, but then I changed computer, and lost all that. So my save file is currently at Donut Plains 1.

Nega-Man said:
Yeah. I wish my Yoshi's Island ROM would work though. I heard the second one's awesome, too.

How does it not work? Mine works fine, except, for some reason, after I beat the final boss, or maybe even before that, I don't know, all my save data was erased. But it's a good game, I think. But maybe I just think that because it was my second Mario game.

Epic Nitwit said:
Nega-Man said:
Yeah. I wish my Yoshi's Island ROM would work though. I heard the second one's awesome, too.

How does it not work? Mine works fine, except, for some reason, after I beat the final boss, or maybe even before that, I don't know, all my save data was erased. But it's a good game, I think. But maybe I just think that because it was my second Mario game.

Maybe his ROM in question is corrupted...

Yeah, ROMs more often than emulators tend to have problems.

Anyway, I've got Super Mario World on Wii VC, but I haven't played it in months, so I have no idea where I am. :P

Smasher said:
Correct. there will just be hollowed out versions of them in their place, IIRC. Something like that

Hmm, I'll have to try that.

Baby Luigi said:
Epic Nitwit said:
Nega-Man said:

I got it from coolrom.com, and all the other ROMs I got from that site have been fine.

Also, I just read the MarioWiki article, and Peach Coins only appear in the GBA remake, and if you get them all in the regular SNES version, you get a 1-Up and they don't appear if you revisit the level. I just tried it :)

Nega-Man said:
Baby Luigi said:
Epic Nitwit said:
Nega-Man said:

I got it from coolrom.com, and all the other ROMs I got from that site have been fine.

Hmm, well, maybe you should try somewhere else.

Maybe I'll play this again, I've been getting kinda bored.

Epic Nitwit said:
Nega-Man said:
Baby Luigi said:
Epic Nitwit said:
Nega-Man said:

Hmm, well, maybe you should try somewhere else.

Maybe I'll play this again, I've been getting kinda bored.

You recommend any ROM sites besides coolrom?

Herr Shyguy said:
Whoa now don't go recommending ROM sites in the open like that.

Yeah, I'm not clear on forum policy, but I dont think it's legal for us to link roms or rom sites, without risking the boards being shut down.

Back