The Official Pokémon Anime and Movie Thread

Re: The Official Pokemon Anime and Movie Thread

DragonFreak said:
For all you Japanese people out there, Pokemon: Origins will premiere, while the rest of the world quietly waits for a dub version, or for it to be subbed, whichever comes first.

While you're waiting, you could learn Japanese. ;)

Looks like they threw Mega Charizard X into it (Someone posted a gif of mewtwo getting wrecked by it on reddit). It looks well animated.

Crackin355 said:
Looks like they threw Mega Charizard X into it (Someone posted a gif of mewtwo getting wrecked by it on reddit). It looks well animated.
Here
tumblr_mu1omdnsxx1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Michael Myers said:
Crackin355 said:
Here
tumblr_mu1omdnsxx1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Splendid.

I think I'll check for subs of this. Apparently it's four parts but I'm not sure if that's four 20 minute episodes, or one 20 minute episode split into 4.

Mario4Ever said:
DragonFreak said:
For all you Japanese people out there, Pokemon: Origins will premiere, while the rest of the world quietly waits for a dub version, or for it to be subbed, whichever comes first.

While you're waiting, you could learn Japanese. ;)
One of my life goals. Except I'll probably suck at it.

^Hahahaha. I hope there's subs for it. I'll wait a couple of days before I search.

There's subs for the first part. It's a regular episode length thankfully. The Red and Green battle was probably the most interesting but the Brock battle was okay as well.

I watched the first two episodes of The Origin.

They aren't afraid to curse and show intense pokemon fighting. Hell, they showed Marowak getting killed.

Saw the last two episodes of The Origin

More of this please. That was awesome.

I saw the first two today. It was just....amazing. Nostalgia, meant for ages of mine (or ours) for once, in an anime style that I say surpasses the acutal Pokemon series. I'm so completely mind blown.

Ash_with_his_Pok%C3%A9mon.png
Here's Ash with all his Pokémon (Squirtle is not in the picture because he's with the Squirtle Squad).

Tree Fiddy said:
Here's Ash with all his Pokémon (Squirtle is not in the picture because he's with the Squirtle Squad).
Primeape is also missing.

Michael Myers said:
Tree Fiddy said:
He had Primeape for one or two episodes, and never used him again. I don't count Primeape.

I finally watched Pokemon: Origins. It was.....nostalgic nerdy heaven. Such emotion in 80-90 minutes.

Also, like an idiot, I forgot to watch and record the Genesect movie, and I couldn't find another airing in the near future. God, I hate myself so much.

Phantom L said:
I agree that the series has gone downhill that I completley lost interest about 15 episodes into B/W as it was that bad as Cilan and Iris are both annoying and Ash acts like a noob again.
Wow get on my level the series starting being awful about half way through Johto
Colonel Harland Sanders said:
Michael Myers said:
Tree Fiddy said:
He had Primeape for one or two episodes, and never used him again. I don't count Primeape.
He had it for 5 episodes then he left it with Anthony to train it's no different then Squritle

So Black and White is now finished. I guess it was an OK series, but I felt like it just kept dragging on and on and on and on and on and on.........I'll probably review it later.
But, now with that ended, X and Y anime is going to premiere any day now, and I'm super excited. Because if XY is anything like the video game, it will be the best region of the anime since Jhoto. And I feel, from those two episodes I saw of it, that this is going to be exponentially times better.

Edit: Also watched the Genesect Pokémon movie. It was pretty good, but Mewtwo's new voice is so horrible, I just, I should've watched the sub.

So BMB pointed out that the XY theme song is a remixed version of the original dubbed Pokémon theme song. I think the creators are trying to make older people interested in the anime again. I can't really come up with any other reason on why they would.

Back