The Official Pokémon Anime and Movie Thread

Re: The Official Pokemon Anime and Movie Thread

Kick Buttowski said:
Regarding Black and White, Meowth has rejoined Team Rocket and his Heel Face Turn was all a hoax. Although I'm pretty sure anybody could've seen that coming. Still, it was nice to have Meowth as part of the good guys for a little while. I just wish he could've seen Ash participate and win his next gym badge before reuniting with Jessie and James.

As for Pokemon Chronicles, I wish it was still going on. I liked seeing things from other characters' point of views, especially since Brock and Dawn are gone now.
Yeah, not a big surprise. It was pretty unique in the series though.

Whatever happend to Brock and Dawn, especially Brock, since he's been through the first 13 seasons. Now his male role is replaced by Cilan, which isn't a bad replacement.......

The anime has gone downhill a bit.

I loved the Diamond and Pearl season because I thought it was really good, and then Black and White came and it got a little boring with Iris and Cilan. I really liked Dawn as a character, and Iris is just annoying.

I also really liked the DP series because it was not just battle battle battle and no personality to the Pokemons. DP at least had all the Pokemons have more defined personalities, and the dynamic Pokemon like Ash's Infernape and Dawn's Mamoswine. BW just has caught Pokemon, they make only like appearances once in awhile, and really the only Pokemon that have characteristics is Ash's Pikachu and three starters, Cilan's Pansage, and Iris' Axew (maybe Dragonite as well).

Not only that, but the battles have increased, but the quality has decreased. Literally, they have filler battles in tournaments where they just have the player use one move, and the character of the day is defeated. I missed some of the more dynamic and interesting battles of the previous seasons.

I hope that XY will improve a bit. Two gym leaders shouldn't be partners with Ash; bring a new trainer again.

Let's see, the first seasons were great and memorable, but now it's going downhill. Ash is still the same after, what 5 years?
Oh and also this:

images

In my opinion, Diamond and Pearl had the best League. Tons of old pokemon were brought back, Cyndaquil evolved, Ash and Paul had an epic battle, Sceptile took out a Darkrai, and Ash made it to the Top 4.

cryoAwakening said:
The anime has gone downhill a bit.

I loved the Diamond and Pearl season because I thought it was really good, and then Black and White came and it got a little boring with Iris and Cilan. I really liked Dawn as a character, and Iris is just annoying.

I also really liked the DP series because it was not just battle battle battle and no personality to the Pokemons. DP at least had all the Pokemons have more defined personalities, and the dynamic Pokemon like Ash's Infernape and Dawn's Mamoswine. BW just has caught Pokemon, they make only like appearances once in awhile, and really the only Pokemon that have characteristics is Ash's Pikachu and three starters, Cilan's Pansage, and Iris' Axew (maybe Dragonite as well).

Not only that, but the battles have increased, but the quality has decreased. Literally, they have filler battles in tournaments where they just have the player use one move, and the character of the day is defeated. I missed some of the more dynamic and interesting battles of the previous seasons.

I hope that XY will improve a bit. Two gym leaders shouldn't be partners with Ash; bring a new trainer again.
Agreed. But I don't want to see Iris leave. She a dragon type Pokemon trianer (or attempting to be one), and I really love that fact. It's also kind of weird that Cilan completely replaced Brock, and they are both really similar. I don't think anyone's going to be replaced..........and if so, I do not know who it will be.

Cirdec said:
Let's see, the first seasons were great and memorable, but now it's going downhill. Ash is still the same after, what 5 years?
Oh and also this:

images
I think it started going downhill at Hoenn. In my opinion, Hoenn was the worst of the Anime, and DP did a good job picking it back up. And about Ash and the battles: Pokemon logic. Doesn't have to make sense I guess.

Otachi said:
In my opinion, Diamond and Pearl had the best League. Tons of old pokemon were brought back, Cyndaquil evolved, Ash and Paul had an epic battle, Sceptile took out a Darkrai, and Ash made it to the Top 4.
Totally agree with you there.

I agree that the series has gone downhill that I completley lost interest about 15 episodes into B/W as it was that bad as Cilan and Iris are both annoying and Ash acts like a noob again.

I think Ash needs to be removed, as Lily said Ash acts like a noob each time he goes to a new region. New mains characters would give a lot of freshness.

Cirdec said:
I think Ash needs to be removed, as Lily said Ash acts like a noob each time he goes to a new region. New mains characters would give a lot of freshness.
I agree, actually. Plus how long has he been 10 years old?

Phantom L said:
I agree that the series has gone downhill that I completley lost interest about 15 episodes into B/W as it was that bad as Cilan and Iris are both annoying and Ash acts like a noob again.
Ash is like the very definition of noob. If I remember right, the beginning of BW, Pikachu gets beaten by Trips level 5 Snivy. Of course, there were some factors making Pikachu unable to fight, but with Pikachu being at least level 80, that was kind of pathetic.

Phantom L said:
Cirdec said:
His age is unknown, but I'm sure he's at least 13.

Agumon said:
Phantom L said:
Cirdec said:

At the beginning of BW, they stated that Ash was still 10.

cryoAwakening said:
Agumon said:
Phantom L said:
Cirdec said:

What?! No way. If that's the case, I officially declare Ash is ageless.

What else I really liked of the DP series is the movies.

I think The Rise of Darkrai was the best movie out of all of them. Plus, all the movies were very connected in plotline.

Randy Cunningham said:
Agumon said:
cryoAwakening said:
What?! No way. If that's the case, I officially declare Ash is ageless.

That's quite common in many cartoons. Look at the Simpsons.
I guess. I would say at least 3 years have went by. Either that, or the time went by is equal to the time it takes to complete the games, which in that case, he has aged 100-150 hours.

cryoAwakening said:
What else I really liked of the DP series is the movies.

I think The Rise of Darkrai was the best movie out of all of them. Plus, all the movies were very connected in plotline.
I love the movies. I can't wait until the next one comes out.

I never was into the anime and movies.

First season of Pokemon is the only one I ever watched. Not all episodes, mind you, but most.

I've seen about 6/7 of the movies. I've always been a fan of the games, however. MAIN GAMES. Not spin-offs(with the exception of XD and Colosseum).

This goes to show you how very little knowledge I have on Pokemon.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/M16

The link above is the newest Pokemon movie which has Mewtwo in it again! (But probably also his new version). It hasn't been dubbed yet, and I want it to so badly. Maybe I can find a sub version of it.

I challenged myself to watch the entire anime. I think I finished the first season before I gave up on that. It's a bit too childish for me, not saying it isn't enjoyable to watch but I just don't feel like I need to watch any more of it because its just more of the same. I might go back to it one day but I doubt it.

When the first season was on Boomerang a couple of summers back, I watched episode and most of Johto. I once thought Pokemon was too childish for me, but only because no one shared a common interest. When I moved, many people, including ones older than me, still liked it, which resparked my interest in Pokemon. I've always said I'm a little childish, so I can look at anything with a younger point of view.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying something that others think is childish. It's not like I don't watch it because I feel like I will be judged by my peers, it just doesn't hold my attention with its repetitive episode patterns. (Problem begins, Someone does a thing, Everyone's happy).

I see. There are many episodes the series that are just fillers. Someone should make a list of only the most important episodes that move the plot along e.i. gym battles, capturing new Pokemon, etc.

For all you Japanese people out there, Pokemon: Origins will premiere, while the rest of the world quietly waits for a dub version, or for it to be subbed, whichever comes first.

Also, the Genesect movie will be on Cartoon Network later this month. I want to see Mewtwo again.

Back