The Official Pokémon Anime and Movie Thread

Re: The Official Pokemon Anime and Movie Thread

MnSG said:
Some episodes were never aired internationally though, due to earthquake incidents in Japan. In fact, after the Hoenn saga, no Pokemon ever used Earthquake in any battle.
Yeah, I heard about that. Seems pretty stupid to ban an episode for that reason, huh? But I guess earthquakes are a horrible thing in Japan.

That Team Plasma episode. Has anyone heard of it? :mario: It was unaired.

^I believe that had something to do with the high magnitude earthquake that occurred earlier this year in Japan. It's obvious to know that the episode you are referring to probably had sources of mass destruction occurring throughout its plot.

IMO, the anime was best in the Hoenn region. Ash became significantly smarter. In fact, I believe the only time he was truly stupid in Hoenn was when he "insisted" on battling against Brawly and pushed Treecko and Tailow too hard and I think he could've won the Hoenn League if he rotated with his previous Pokemon rather than using only the Pokemon he caught in Hoenn. Plus, Ash's Hoenn outfit was the best. It's a shame he didn't catch that many Pokemon though.

Regarding Team Rocket, I love the episode where they release Arbok and Wheezing to save a group of Ekans and Koffing. Granted, I love all the episodes where Team Rocket does some good to foil villains eviler than them, but that episode really stood out, probably because it proves that they're tougher than they look, (i.e. Meowth was unaffected by the electric cages and states it's nothing compared to Pikachu's attacks) and that episode was the prefect example of "Even Evil Has Standards".

While I'm not a fan of any of the main Pokemon girls, I do like May's Pokemon Contests since it made Ash share the spotlight with someone else and it was a nice counterpart to Ash's gym battles.

Ash's voice sounded weird in the Advanced series, Diamond & Pearl series, and Black & White series. His only good voice was in Indigo League, Johto Journeys, and Orange Islands.

Ash's voice sounded weird later on because shortly after the Battle Frontier arc started, 4Kids either lost or sold their rights to dub Pokemon and the main characters received new voices.

Kick Buttowski said:
Ash's voice sounded weird later on because shortly after the Battle Frontier arc started, 4Kids either lost or sold their rights to dub Pokemon and the main characters received new voices.
They sold it to Cartoon Network, and I already said Ash's voice sounded weird in those seasons.

Kick Buttowski said:
IMO, the anime was best in the Hoenn region. Ash became significantly smarter. In fact, I believe the only time he was truly stupid in Hoenn was when he "insisted" on battling against Brawly and pushed Treecko and Tailow too hard and I think he could've won the Hoenn League if he rotated with his previous Pokemon rather than using only the Pokemon he caught in Hoenn. Plus, Ash's Hoenn outfit was the best. It's a shame he didn't catch that many Pokemon though.

Regarding Team Rocket, I love the episode where they release Arbok and Wheezing to save a group of Ekans and Koffing. Granted, I love all the episodes where Team Rocket does some good to foil villains eviler than them, but that episode really stood out, probably because it proves that they're tougher than they look, (i.e. Meowth was unaffected by the electric cages and states it's nothing compared to Pikachu's attacks) and that episode was the prefect example of "Even Evil Has Standards".

While I'm not a fan of any of the main Pokemon girls, I do like May's Pokemon Contests since it made Ash share the spotlight with someone else and it was a nice counterpart to Ash's gym battles.
I do like May's Pokemon Contests too. It's also funny how Jessie would also do it too (and surprisingly, she's awesome at it). I also love that in the new series, there is a lot more character developement. Not so much on Ash's side, because, seriously, we all know Ash so well, what else is there to know, but mostly on the secondary characters. Not only the travelers with Ash, but the many others. Much of the previous seasons battles were just oneshots with random trainers, but now they are battling the same people 2 or 3 times in a row and seeing how they also become stronger.

Can we talk about the Pokemon Chronicles in here as well, or should I make a new thread?

Anyway, I liked the Pokemon Chronicles since it showed episodes from other character's viewpoints rather than just Ash, Pikachu, and whoever they were travelling with at the time.

I watched a Pokemon White movie yesterday. Ash was really stupid in it.

Yoshidude99 said:

He's stupid in every movie. Technically, he shouldn't have been in any more after the first because he was actually dead.

Mario4Ever said:
Yoshidude99 said:

He's stupid in every movie. Technically, he shouldn't have been in any more after the first because he was actually dead.
We can thank Pikachu and whatever Japanese writer decided that Pokemon tears were magic for the fact that Ash still lives.

Curses. The world would have been better off without Ash and with Mewtwo in control.

Dr. Javelin said:
Mario4Ever said:
Yoshidude99 said:

We can thank Pikachu and whatever Japanese writer decided that Pokemon tears were magic for the fact that Ash still lives.

Curses. The world would have been better off without Ash and with Mewtwo in control.

Not to mention we'd be without crappy installment after crappy installment of the anime.

Dr. Javelin said:
Mario4Ever said:
Yoshidude99 said:

Yeah Ash ruined it. The Pokemon where smarter than him.

Oh plz. Ash's stupidity is nothing compared to everyone else except Tracy and Cilan.

The minute Brock sees a pretty girl, he forgets that something important is going on (i.e. stopping Team Rocket from stealing someone elses's Pokemon).

Misty thought Oddish was a grass type just because it was drinking water. Does she not see the grass growing out of it's head? And she sucks at raising her pokemon. Her Psyduck can't even swim and Togepi is dead weight excluding the times it used Metrenome. Not to mention she left Starmie at home with her sisters rather than leaving Staryu behind.

And don't even get me started on May, Iris and Team Rocket. -_-

Me and my friend where talking about the movies today and we both agreed that they are so stupid at times it is funny. Especially Ash's stupidity.

Kick Buttowski said:
Misty thought Oddish was a grass type just because it was drinking water. Does she not see the grass growing out of it's head?
Let me introduce you to a Pokemon called Sudowoodo.

Kick Buttowski said:
The minute Brock sees a pretty girl, he forgets that something important is going on (i.e. stopping Team Rocket from stealing someone elses's Pokemon).

This is blatantly not true. In fact, there were times in the early season where Team Rocket dressed up as woman, and it was Brock's inherent natural sense for beautiful woman that was able to tell that they were Team Rocket in disguise. And he frequently helped defeat Team Rocket, especially if they were threatening a pretty girl.

Unless you are talking about the newer episodes, in which case those are just a crap shoot.

^

True, Brock can tell the difference between a real girl and Team Rocket's disguise, but remember in the first Pokemon League? Jessie and James disguised themselves as nurses and he indeed knew something strange was going on, but when Jessie and James revealed themselves, Brock was still "bragging" about his "skill". It wasn't until Misty outright tells Brock and Ash that Team Rocket had Ash's Poekmon. (Crowning moment of intelligence on Misty's part I'll admit).

And let's not forget when Ash disguised himself as a girl to get into the Celadon Gym. Granted, Brock didn't flirt with "Ashley", but he still thought "she" was a girl. Pikachu's the only one who saw through the disguise that time.

Dr. Javelin said:
Kick Buttowski said:
Misty thought Oddish was a grass type just because it was drinking water. Does she not see the grass growing out of it's head?

It's funny that Sudowoodo would imitate a tree, even though it's actually a Rock-type Pokemon. I'm pretty sure that some people were fooled into thinking that it's a Grass-type.

Dr. Javelin said:
Kick Buttowski said:

Wow, I'm surprised no one noticed my typo here. I meant to say water.

Kick Buttowski said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Kick Buttowski said:

Wow, I'm surprised no one noticed my typo here. I meant to say water.
That makes much more sense. I did find it strange.

Kick Buttowski said:
Can we talk about the Pokemon Chronicles in here as well, or should I make a new thread?

Anyway, I liked the Pokemon Chronicles since it showed episodes from other character's viewpoints rather than just Ash, Pikachu, and whoever they were travelling with at the time.
Basically I made this Thread for anything that wasn't the video games, so yes, I think you can.

Kick Buttowski said:
But that's really funny!

Regarding Black and White, Meowth has rejoined Team Rocket and his Heel Face Turn was all a hoax. Although I'm pretty sure anybody could've seen that coming. Still, it was nice to have Meowth as part of the good guys for a little while. I just wish he could've seen Ash participate and win his next gym badge before reuniting with Jessie and James.

As for Pokemon Chronicles, I wish it was still going on. I liked seeing things from other characters' point of views, especially since Brock and Dawn are gone now.

Back