The Official Pokémon Anime and Movie Thread

Misty said:
小龙怪 said:
Luxio said:
...and treating Pokemon like they have feelings as complex as humans'?
....But that is the best part....because Pokémon do.
That's what I'm saying. He was talking about "Pokemon", though, not Pokémon.
What is the difference besides misspelling?

Everyone, get hyped for the new Pokémon movie, the 17th: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction.

Even though it is not yet subbed (and not even close to being dubbed if you like your anime that way), I am 90% sure this will be much, much, much better than the Genesect: Extremespeed.

This movie will have Diancie, Xerneas and Yveltal. Plus, there probably will also be a ton of Mega Evolutions.

Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor confirmed to appear.
FWh6b06.jpg

Ash catches a Pokemon Hawlucha. I don't know if this particular image is photoshopped or not.
wje2woS.jpg

Korrina joins for a few episodes.
3wdQZ1h.jpg

Dub was this morning.

Japan's about to get Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor next week.

There's an episode that takes in Reflection Cave and
Ash enters a parallel universe. Here, he's a crybaby, Clemont's athletic and believes in magic, Serena and Pikachu are jerks, and Team Rocket are heroes, but they only arrive at the end to recite their motto to the real Team Rocket.

Donatello said:
I seem to remember from the X and Y games that Serena was the only good rival and that those 3 were mediocre-at-best. Introducing them at the same time, though... Yikes.

Ash earned his Rumble badge in Japan yesterday.

And his Fletchling evolved into Fletchfinder in Merica.

And Serena may finally catch her first Pokemon
a Pancham

King Harkinian said:
Donatello said:
I seem to remember from the X and Y games that Serena was the only good rival and that those 3 were mediocre-at-best. Introducing them at the same time, though... Yikes.
Wait! Weren't they introduced pretty much at the same time in the games, too? Shauna came a bit early, but still.

ernesth100 said:
Darkrai was the best Pokemon movie ever.
I think that the anime always epic-fails at being emotional, but the movies have their moments.

Season 1 was okay at it, iirc. And then there was the episode in season 2 where Charizard almost died and Ash finally won him over. But yeah, the movies were generally better at it. The tearful Pikachu clone slapfest, Celebi sorta dying, Latios really dying... such memories.

ernesth100 said:
Darkrai was the best Pokemon movie ever.

Mine too.

Pikachu Clone slapfest was definitely a sad time. The 3rd Movie, once you really let it sink it, is really depressing. Celebi "dying" made me cry. Latios dying made me cry. Lucario dying made me cry. After that I didn't really feel anything for the rest of the movies. #10 was really meant to be sad, other than Darkrai towards the end. Zoroark made me feel nothing. 14 and 15 had Iris and Cilan, and they literally ruined a lot of everything during that anime arc, like I mainly dislike 15 because they felt so forced and out of place.

Pokemon may not give me sad/emotional feels like it used to but it'll never loose the epicness it has. The battle sequences are always epic.

Walkazo said:
Season 1 was okay at it, iirc. And then there was the episode in season 2 where Charizard almost died and Ash finally won him over. But yeah, the movies were generally better at it. The tearful Pikachu clone slapfest, Celebi sorta dying, Latios really dying... such memories.
Although the scene where Ash died and Pokémon tears brought him back to life was bs.

Remember, kids! Crying always solves your problems!

I think the moral was to not give up because there may be hope (wish upon a star crap), but it's really convoluted how it's executed there.

Sooooooooo idk if this is legit or not, but....

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=782734558428288 (couln't find a youtube version of it)

Basically, Pokemon Origins: in Hoenn. (But skipping Jhoto that's a joke).

Regardless, hype level up soooo much!!!!!!

Back