The Official Pokémon Anime and Movie Thread

No, you don't understand. Here, let me try explain it to you.

Goomy.

I wonder if it will evolve really quickly like Dawn's Mamoswine/Ash's Charizard did in the Anime, or if the opening is just really foreshadowing what will happen later.

He will lose. He's never won a League tournament other than Orange Islands.

The writers have to keep making him lose so he'll go to the next region so people can keep churning out Pokemon merchandise. $$$

Donatello said:
He will lose. He's never won a League tournament other than Orange Islands.

The writers have to keep making him lose so he'll go to the next region so people can keep churning out Pokemon merchandise. $$$
Even if he won, he'd still dump all his Pokemon and go to the next reason. Like how beating the Orange Islands and the Battle Frontier didn't stop him from continuing his life of woods-wanderin' and Pokemon League-losing.

Lumastar said:
Ash is now getting the fan service Pokémon. Froakie, Hawlucha, Goomy and its line.

I may have to get back to watching this. From what I've seen of the new series, it's much better than B&W. I am done if Ash loses again though.

It has been by far enjoyable to watch the show again. It's not cringe-worthy like BW was.

I mostly enjoy the fact that there is actual development with the characters and Pokemon, and not just like "Ash caught a Palpitoad; it exists." or "we will see Unfezant and Boldore once every 30 episodes where they'll just exist as well". And then the Pokemon that did have some personality were just static with it the entire time, not really even changing much.

At with the new season you get to see how Serena has actually progressed to become more confident as a Pokemon Trainer and figuring out what she wants to do and not just follow her mother's footsteps. You get to see how all the pokemon develop with their trainers. I also really like that even the non-main characters often get a little story arc of their own, like with Korrina and figuring out how to master mega evolution, or even Serena's mom and dealing with Serena and her dream.

One thing I really like is that they realized that Team Rocket is best as comic relief and gave the show a little more life, even if it is repetitive seeing them all the time. And at least you get to see them catch their pokemon, and episodes that actually focus on their Pokemon like one not that long ago with James' Inkay (love the little guy).

Well, the episode with Ash and Serena's first date aired today and let me just say it was false advertising. All they did was buy Christmas presents for their Pokemon.

Donatello said:
Well, the episode with Ash and Serena's first date aired today and let me just say it was false advertising. All they did was buy Christmas presents for their Pokemon.

Kind of disappointing. Amourshipping is my favourite Ash shipping.

People actually thought the writers would give Ash a girlfriend?

Ash will just ditch her and move on to a new set of friends next region.

Serena is like the best love Ash could get because they knew each others when they were kids, with Ash helping Serena. If she doesn't end to be Ash's love, then Ash will never get one.

GalacticPetey said:
People actually thought the writers would give Ash a girlfriend?

Ash will just ditch her and move on to a new set of friends next region.

They are really pushing this ship though. I mean, in one episode this one girl Serena was bickering with was like "either you tell Ash how you feel, or I will tell him how I feel". And not to mention when they were taking a photo and she was scooting closer to him, and...

If they do not at least have it at the end of the XY arc her and Ash kissing, I will be so disappointed in the writers for being such a tease.

Serena could say the most sexually explicit thing and Ash will just think it means she likes him as a friend.

This is Anabel all over again.

For those that have seen the latest Pokemon episode in Japan...

Omg, the Anime has just taken it up like 3 fold with Serena's character.

She loses the contest (no surprise there; usually they don't win the first one), but what I wasn't expecting was for Serena to literally just...cut her hair off. Like, I get that she realized that she went too long with the ribbon, but man, the cutting the hair to express her need to change and fix her mistakes...that was deep.

I...am in disbelief.

EDIT: Like, seriously...

Serena_XY.png

to

Serena_XY2.png

Back